Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 5:48 PM
Default Is it possible for a savefile to simply vanish?
Okay so I'm missing a savefile with no evidence whatsoever as to where it went, which is suspicious because if I'd moved it myself, I'd have left some pointers. The particular world is still installed, and I should have backups of some of the custom lots in it, but the actual save is nowhere to be found.

Now why do I ask if this could be the game's doing? Because it's happened before. My Sims travelled to China in 2015 and when I wanted to go back the next year, the China world attached to my save was nowhere to be found.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:19 PM
Yep. And CC also.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:29 PM
Well what the fuck. Just when I thought I'd run out of bugs to find.
The good news is that I had only built 3 lots in this world, and that all of these lots were saved to the library at the time of their most recent modifications. So I haven't lost everything in terms of builds, a couple of hours at most. Still, I'd rather not have to redo it.

And because of the reliability issues I've been having with my Windows, where Explorer may bugger itself and become unusable after a certain amount of time, it may take an entire afternoon and several reboots to get this shit fixed back up.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#5 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 2:35 AM
Have you checked the waste basket, or whatever it's called in English? Just to be on the safe side. I mean it's probably not there, but I would still have checked
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 12:16 PM
If it was ever in there, it's long gone.

insert signature here
Theorist
#7 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 1:58 PM
I must clarify I had this only happen, I think, twice in 9 years.
It’s possible that it could have been windows related, but it’s a strange coincidence that it happened to my most buggy game twice.
I also had a text document that contained passwords of websites, and that also disappeared. So I renamed that, in case a virus or something was looking for something named ‘passwords’. I’m guesssing about that last part though. Didn’t happen again.

Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
If it was ever in there, it's long gone.

There’s always the Undelete app. But that’s quite a long process to run. It works though.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?