Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 6:20 PM
Default Gen VII confirmed of Pokémon
In today Nintendo Direct involving Pokémon (Pokémon Direct), Tsunekazu Ishihara just announced that along with Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow being digitally distributed tomorrow, that the 7th generation of Pokémon games, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will be released worldwide in 9 languages during the winter holidays of 2016.

I am trying to calm down from such excitement. Still, for you Pokémon fans, what are your thoughts on the matter?

For me, having a Z version of Gen VI would round out the XYZ joke because it was the first generation on 3DS, which is a system that projects 3D images and uses 3D models in 2D mode.

I guess Gen VI bucked the trend.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 6:46 PM
Well, i just hoped for a new game. That's all.

I love Kalos (and maybe we can go back? Like in Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/Soul Silver?) but the most important thing is that I can play a new game.
Meh, I'm so selfish xD'
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HonokaAizawa
Well, i just hoped for a new game. That's all.

I love Kalos (and maybe we can go back? Like in Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/Soul Silver?) but the most important thing is that I can play a new game.
Meh, I'm so selfish xD'

To me, it was a pleasant surprise. My father and mother visualize me either lifting off like a rocket or exploding into a mess, gory, multiple tiny mes or confetti filled when I get that excited.

If the new region is connected to Kalos, my guess it would be geographically similar to the inspiration. Kalos is based on France with the center of Kalos resembling Paris.

Don't worry, selfish behavior is normal in moderation.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2016 at 8:09 PM
Update May 10, 2016

The Starter Pokemon have been revealed along with the region.

The new region is a tropical Polynesian-inspired land known as Alola and the Pokemon to start with are Rowlet (Owl Pokemon, Grass-Flying Type), Litten (Cat Pokemon, Fire Type) and Popplio (Seal Pokemon, Water Type)

The trailer features two legendary Pokemon that are to correspond to the box art of the game they're featured in.