Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:52 PM
Default Steam Summer sale June 21 - July 5
I switched to Steam from Origin because 1.69.
Sales is on...
Sims 3 = $10
Sims 3 + Pets = $12
Everything else = $8
It's been cheaper in the past, where most everything was $5 - that's when I switched. I guess Origin is driving up demand by being difficult.

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I switched to Steam from Origin because 1.69.
Sales is on...
Sims 3 = $10
Sims 3 + Pets = $12
Everything else = $8
It's been cheaper in the past, where most everything was $5 - that's when I switched. I guess Origin is driving up demand by being difficult.

Still it's cheaper than US $20 per EP they want for a disc in the store or online.
$7.99 per EP is a good deal in my book.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 1:50 PM
I have the disc version of the game installed, so I usually ignore the summer sales, but I'm curious -- if I bought the steam version, would it let me register the game with EA? I ask because my original Sims 3 disc was a used copy that I can't register, so I'm shut out of the store and all official EA-hosted downloads like the world creator.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 7:31 PM
I have no other version of Sims 3 than Steam's, and EA lets me use their Store. (Note: must have base game on Steam to buy any of the other EPs, and mixing and matching is either difficult or not possible, depending.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 12:03 AM
Not only can you register the Steam version on the TS3 store, but the offers of 1,000 store points for the base game and another 1,000 for WA are still being honored.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:35 AM
Yep. You just can't register a non-Steam base game on Steam.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I have no other version of Sims 3 than Steam's, and EA lets me use their Store. (Note: must have base game on Steam to buy any of the other EPs, and mixing and matching is either difficult or not possible, depending.)

Did you have to officially register it, or do you think it was automatically registered to your steam email address during the install?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 4:38 AM
I registered it on the Store site, if I remember correctly.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 5:35 AM
Steam gives you the codes to register it elsewehere... but why would you do such a thing?

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 5:11 PM
Free points?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 6:15 PM
Origin works fine for me; always has. I don't own the game on Steam and I feel little need to.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 6:52 PM
Sims 3 (base game only) is on sale this week at Steam - for $2.99. (I believe that's 85% off.)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 7:03 PM
It was €5,99 here but I'd kinda promised a streamer friend of mine I'd buy him TS3 and a bunch of packs. I guess it's just the base game now. I bet he'll absolutely hate it and that's exactly my goal.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )