Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 4:17 PM
I completely ignore LTW's as their existence never seems to be properly reflected by my sims' day-to-day wants - a good example of this is sims having a LTW for one career but never rolling the want to get a job in that career!

I play a wants-based game, so my sims only get a job if they roll the want to do so (or sometimes if they roll particular other wants/fears, such as the want to make $XXX amount of money or a fear of the Repo-man). If they roll the want for one specific job they keep looking for a job until that one is available. If they roll several specific job wants they either pick the one which is immediately available, if there is one, or I lock the want for the one that fits best with their personality/interests/hobbies/skills and they wait until that one becomes available.

If they roll a generic Get A Job want (which I wish was more common!) they get one of the jobs that's immediately available, usually, and I pick the one which fits them the best according to their personality/interests/hobbies/skills.

I sometimes also take into account which jobs are available in that 'hood - for example, many of my inland 'hoods don't have Oceanography jobs available, especially if they have poor transport links or are far inland. If a 'hood has a hospital or research centre they may have many sims working in Medicine, Science and/or Natural Science.

Some sims run their own businesses, but I only allow a sim to start a business if they roll the want to do so (unless I'm playing a challenge 'hood which requires them all to have businesses) or when I am setting up a new 'hood.
Page 2 of 2