Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 7:34 PM
Infinite saving screen, agh!
so basically i've started hmm.. 3? different games and lost all of them because of this glitch. not like 30 mins of gameplay, the whole save.

So as the title says, every time i try to save my game its an infinite saving screen. it goes on and on and on. it also happened on a game save (that thankfully i still have, just lost a little progress) with NO CC. so im calling it right now that cc isn't the problem. that one was an infinite screen when i had my family of 2 couples leave china. (forgot the simlish name lol.) AnNNYYYWAYYYYS..

what was weird was on my latest save that i lost all progress on, was that in the very beginning i saved and it worked.. so i thought i was good. (boy was i wrong )
then just about an hour ago i tried to move them to a new town. the game suggests you to save the current world your family is in and that's what i did. then the saving screen began. i was hopeful so i waited a good 20-30 minutes.. and of course nothing happened.

ive looked at so many different forums and help sites its not even funny. anyone got any help?

(i know what category to put this in but im not really sure if i clicked the right buttons?? ive never made a post considering i JUST joined so im a little lost oop
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
without knowing anything about your system, there is absolutely no way to diagnose your problem.

however, general guide is.

1) use NRAAS errortrap/MC, etc.. to keep your game save
2) use Kuree's savegame cleaner to keep your save time short
3) go into "edit town" before you save. sometimes the game needs to update the world when you switch, there will be a long loading here. If you skip this step and save directly in the game, this time is attributed to your save time and perhaps why your save takes 30-40 mins.
4) How much ram do you have? If you do not have enough RAM, the game will keep swapping virtual RAM, so it will make saving longer.

---

There are ways to check if your saving is stuck or just taking a long time.
1) go into the current game folder. look at the NHD file of the town you are saving. Check the time and date of the file, is it current? If it is "old" and not changed, your game is either in that world update mode or your game is stuck.
2) generally the game saves in 2 stages, first your world, then your sims. The 1st save should come immediately upon save, you'll see the NHD file size filled up to 1/2 what you would expect. (use "refresh" to see the difference). Then usually after a while, the NHD file will jump up to the full size after saving the sims.
3) While saving, check the TS3 ram usage. If the RAM is moving and changing, it is saving. If the RAM is stuck... it may not mean the saving is stuck, but there is a good chance it is. Sometimes the RAM is frozen, usually at the end of the save as it writes to disk. However, this shouldn't be more than a minute or 2.

---

Lastly, it could still be your mods/ccs. Some mods/ccs can damage your savefile and intermittenly, so you don't know while you play but they show up later. But these mods should be really heavy core mods, not light mods.

thanks for your response!

to fill out most of the guide questions..

1.) I just got a new computer last month, it had about 8 gb of ram and ive still got a good amount to play ts3.
2.) about the edit town thing- i dont know if that will work for me. 3 hours ago i was building on a house in edit town and when i was completed i exited out, and now its at an infinite "loading" screen. its still the same after 3 hrs.. so that's another huge problem

the only major script mods i have are nraas (if that is even considered major)
everything else i have is little tweaks or more social interactions. ill try error trap, but ive tried save cleaner before and i could never get it to work. ill try it again though, cause im desperate af. ill update if anything happens, thanks again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 3:00 AM
When was this infinite loading screen? When you exit build mode and going back into edit town? Or when you already successfully exit build mode and was saving?

When i exited buy mode to return into edit town. then it was the dreaded, infinite loading screen. i didn't try to save it because i was planning on moving a sim right into it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 10:04 PM
were you using "buydebug?"

I did use it to buy those invisible ceiling lights but turned it off right after.