Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2009 at 9:13 AM Last edited by SuzyFaeryGirl : 9th May 2009 at 9:54 AM.
Default The Sims 2 Store Edition?
Ok, so I was just wondering if you absolutely needed the "store edition" or not. The reason why I ask is that I opened regedit and I have both "The Sims 2" AND "The Sims 2 Store Edition" under EA Games with both almost the exact same files, only real difference being the display name. I had bought some EP's and stuff packs via the EA site and used the EA Download Manager. The last three times I've tried to run the game, after about 10 minutes or so, it crashes. After this last time, I went into my downloads folder and deleted anything that wasn't a .package file which there had been a body shop program file in there which I don't know why. Could that have been the issue? I have also started moving downloads out little by little to see if that's it too. Any other suggestions?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:18 AM
Well It's useful to me. I dont have to put in a cd anymore.. so many it is some custom content that you downloaded. i know when i have a shit load of stuff the game wont run, and i have to take it all out. so i just stopped downloading it..

try taking all the custom content out and running game without disk :]

Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies :]
#3 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 11:57 PM
Are you using 'Boolprop testing cheastEnabled true' because if you are that will be the problem.
Site Helper
#4 Old 1st May 2011 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilyandsnuggles2
Are you using 'Boolprop testing cheastEnabled true' because if you are that will be the problem.
Not true. I run with "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true" all the time and my game never crashes.

To solve your problem, you could try doing the Game_Help:Game_Problemwiki FAQ. Also, this sounds more like a game issue than a create issue. You might want to post in the Game Problem forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: ..old post is old..and this should have been in help