Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4351 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 7:21 AM
I wish that Bodyshop had a preg morph preview, so it wouldn't be such a pain to check out a new preg morph.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#4352 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 5:01 PM
Having a sim restock a store takes forever and sometimes leads to things being chucked on the corner. Using the auto-restock sign causes things to disappear. Restocking manually from the inventory causes the stocked and out-of-stock objects to look exactly the same, so I have to keep going back and forth from live mode to inventory to check which ones need to be replaced. I can't win here.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Instructor
#4353 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 10:02 PM
i know from awhile back i tried to film how i build the lot but when i re-watch it back it got into a hiatus or something that makes me go grrrrrrrrr
i almost wanted to put it on youtube so i deleted that one from my documents
Mad Poster
#4354 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:10 PM
A rather literal pet peeve: The number of body sliders for cats are quite limited compared to dogs.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4355 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:55 PM Last edited by grammapat : 25th Dec 2018 at 9:02 PM.
For that matter, they ALL are not enough. There is no way to make a long haired dog, or a dog with long legs. An Afgan has both - very thin, very long legs, and very long hair. Or just very short legs (dachshund). Same with very long hair although it's easy to fake it with a very fat body). Real cats always have the basic cat shape (except a munskin, who I would never want).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#4356 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:57 PM
Absolutely! I want a proper corgi!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
Mad Poster
#4357 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 11:31 PM
As well, the trick where you can right-click on one of the preset archetypes to morph it (as well as reset the sliders to the middle) doesn't work for Create-a-Pet.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4358 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 9:58 PM
The totally set up to be together but not actually in a committed relationship premade couples of Sarah Love and Matthew Hart, and Timothy Riley and Vivian Cho.

No, I have no idea why those two pairings bug me so very much, but they do.

I also don't like the distribution of the ages of the pre-made college students. Lots of Freshmen, very few of the other classes.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#4359 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
As well, the trick where you can right-click on one of the preset archetypes to morph it (as well as reset the sliders to the middle) doesn't work for Create-a-Pet.

And even if it DID it wouldn't be right. Corgis have big heads, and you CAN make heads bigger, but not much. And there is no slider to make legs or body longer. HAY! There have been additional sliders made for Sims, is there a reason sliders for animals can not be made?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#4360 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 9:08 PM
I was once able to fudge short legs by making the body extremely fat, but it's a pain to reset the slider without that morphing trick. And then when put next to other breeds it's a bit obvious.

Forum Resident
#4361 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 9:13 PM
All couples spoon while sleeping all night, every night. Who does that? Every single night? Even if you've fought? Or you're pregnant? Or one of them is woohooing the maid? Or it's summer and it's hot?

I wish it were post-woohoo only, or only for 3-bolt couples, or some other variant, but not everyone, all the time.
Alchemist
#4362 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 6:07 AM
CC end tables and coffee tables with multiple shelves but only one slot on the top shelf for deco.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#4363 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
The totally set up to be together but not actually in a committed relationship premade couples of Sarah Love and Matthew Hart, and Timothy Riley and Vivian Cho.

No, I have no idea why those two pairings bug me so very much, but they do.

I also don't like the distribution of the ages of the pre-made college students. Lots of Freshmen, very few of the other classes.

Oh yes, I find those pairings so boring too! Maybe because they are too flawless or the "perfect"-couple stereotype, I have no clue what bugs me exactly.

My biggest pet peeve of all time are the German translations of the names of the premades. (Yes, I know, I can easily change them with simpe, but that is not the point.)

Why thought the translators that we need 4 sims called Gerd instead of Chester, Buck, Garrett and Guy? Or the female version Gerda instead of Goneril, who is name after a character from a play? They love the masuline form Gerd that much, they also gave it to Glabe Curious! And of course, destroy some references from Shakespeare in Veronaville with Albert (Albany), Erich (Cornwall), Theobald (Tybalt), Rita (Reagan), Elvira (Ariel), Hans (Hal) and Victorio (Mercutio), which all aren't official names from the translated plays. Some of them don't even sound familiar, like Andrea = Bottom. And don't get me started on the translated family names like Sahne (Whipped Cream) instead of Cornwall's family name Dane. Also, for some reasons the Ramaswamis became an Italian family, Antonini. I'm sorry for the rant, I could go on and on with it, but I spare you the other weird examples. ^^''

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Top Secret Researcher
#4364 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 9:57 PM
Not so much a peeve of the game itself, but I hate how certain programs on my computer will have popups that cause you to click out of the game unintentionally. Or at least change off the ingame cursor so you have to go out of the game, close the popup, and go back in. Like, who gave you permission to do that?

Mad Poster
#4365 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 11:31 PM
I hate applications that steal focus under any circumstance. I've actually gone and bugged software developers about their programs doing it. It's just bad practice.

Mad Poster
#4366 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HubbaHop
Some of them don't even sound familiar, like Andrea = Bottom.

I cannot figure out how they thought Bottom would make a good female child. XD
Theorist
#4367 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 7:07 AM Last edited by Orphalesion : 29th Dec 2018 at 9:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I cannot figure out how they thought Bottom would make a good female child. XD

For some reason she's named after Nick Bottom (so why not call her Nicole or Nickie?) an artisan from Midsummerngiht's Dream who gets enchanted to have a donkey head and with whom Titania falls madly in love with under the influence of a love potion. So...her naming her like that is very strange. If anything Nick Bottom should have been an additional Sim who's Titania's lover.
It's just one of the reasons why the Shakespeare parable in Veronaville is terrible, they didn't see anything through.

Though various translation teams not recognizing that those are Shakespeare characters (and no, I know for a fact that Shakespeare is well known in Germany and used in German English lessons) is really embarrassing beyond belief.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#4368 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 8:26 PM
I think Maxis just sort of gave up at some point and started grabbing names from the plays without looking into context. In Much Ado About Nothing, Beatrice and Benedick become a couple at the end. Maxis made them twins.

Lab Assistant
#4369 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I think Maxis just sort of gave up at some point and started grabbing names from the plays without looking into context. In Much Ado About Nothing, Beatrice and Benedick become a couple at the end. Maxis made them twins.

Yes, this example is so creepy! It is not like those two are the kind of twins like Siegmund & Sieglinde. Context is indeed another strange side about some names, like the before mentioned random name giving in the Summerdream-family.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Mad Poster
#4370 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
For some reason she's named after Nick Bottom (so why not call her Nicole or Nickie?) an artisan from Midsummerngiht's Dream who gets enchanted to have a donkey head and with whom Titania falls madly in love with under the influence of a love potion. So...her naming her like that is very strange. If anything Nick Bottom should have been an additional Sim who's Titania's lover.
It's just one of the reasons why the Shakespeare parable in Veronaville is terrible, they didn't see anything through.

Though various translation teams not recognizing that those are Shakespeare characters (and no, I know for a fact that Shakespeare is well known in Germany and used in German English lessons) is really embarrassing beyond belief.

I change Bottom to Peaseblossom. My teen son was cast as Nick Bottom last spring (ballet) but even before that, it's a nope! name for me. I also change Puck to Robin, a little change, but gives the poor kid more of a name, name, and less chance of being teased and beat on at school, which is going to happen anyway because elf.

Veronaville is really just a mess in naming. You can take it as a Shakespeare festival obsessed town, and it makes more sense that way, then trying to fit the characters as given into their namesake roles.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#4371 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 1:58 PM
When your sim kid gets bad grade, the pop up warning about social worker coming if they don't improve in their grades, shows up 20 times A DAY and it's so annoying. And it shows up even after your sim kid has done their homework of the day. It shows even in the middle of the night, all the way before the sim kid has gone to school next day.
Mad Poster
#4372 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
When your sim kid gets bad grade, the pop up warning about social worker coming if they don't improve in their grades, shows up 20 times A DAY and it's so annoying. And it shows up even after your sim kid has done their homework of the day. It shows even in the middle of the night, all the way before the sim kid has gone to school next day.

It shouldn't be doing that. You've got a problem somewhere.
Theorist
#4373 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I change Bottom to Peaseblossom. My teen son was cast as Nick Bottom last spring (ballet) but even before that, it's a nope! name for me. I also change Puck to Robin, a little change, but gives the poor kid more of a name, name, and less chance of being teased and beat on at school, which is going to happen anyway because elf.

Veronaville is really just a mess in naming. You can take it as a Shakespeare festival obsessed town, and it makes more sense that way, then trying to fit the characters as given into their namesake roles.

First of all, congrats to your son! That's amazing!

And yeah, the reason I'm so disappointed with Veronaville is because I love modern reinterpretations of Shakespeare, I even like that terrible, corny movie from the 90s that misinterprets the "Wherefore art thou?" line, because they at least saw the idea of "Romeo and Juliet in the 20th century) through in an acceptable fashion.
Plus the way it stands at installation Veronaville is also very challenging for a generation-focused player, since there's only three family lines, meaning you need to introduce a lot of CAS sims, uni students and/or Townies if you wanna keep it going past gen 2.

And both of those problems could have been solved/lessened if they had comitted more closely to the Romeo and Juliet/Midsummernight's dream parallel and included the missing characters as additional families instead of creating all those useless, additional Capps and Monties. Have Prince Escelaus as the mayor and father of Paris and Mercutio, have the four youths from Midsummernight's Dream come from families that are aligned with the Capps/Monties etc. etc. etc.

In my dream Veronaville (which I might -might- create somewhen in the future) Puck's also named Robin Goodfellow and is Oberon's younger brother, while "Bottom" is replaced by four daughters of Titania and Oberon named loosely after the four fairies in Titania's train; Blossom (Peaseblossom), Butterfly (Moth), Gossamer (Cobweb) and ....well I was not able to think of anything better than "Saffron" for Mustardseed...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#4374 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It shouldn't be doing that. You've got a problem somewhere.

Ah, sorry about that then. I need to check my mod ;;
Mad Poster
#4375 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 12:49 AM
@thewrittenletter Has their grade improved since then? Maybe there are still week/days old unfinished homework remaining, lying around somewhere unseen?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 175 of 274