Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:25 PM
Default Updated microphone (More Workers Needed)
After a lot work I made my first playable microphone, but some bugs need to fix and more options need added.

Download Microphone

Sorry for my bad english.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:30 PM
is it always in spanish or watever

SPIDERMAN ROCKS!!!
Instructor
#3 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:32 PM Last edited by Motoki : 17th Apr 2005 at 10:37 PM.
Seeing as Makeyne is from Brazil, the "whatever" is more likely Portugese, but I think the point was not what language the menus are in but if it works or not. Besides, if you had bothered to download it instead of giving your 'feedback' on the picture, you would see that the menus are translated for the English version of the game.

Makeyne: I'm going to test it out now, give me a little bit and I'll report back what I find.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:35 PM
no english...
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:37 PM
Did you download it? There is English. Why don't you people try downloading on something for once instead of commenting on a picture.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:47 PM
why isent this in the downloads?
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:56 PM Last edited by Motoki : 17th Apr 2005 at 11:07 PM.
Because he's trying to test it and it isn't a finished download and there's not a beta testing section right now. He needs the help of other people to test it, so please stop playing moderator and either help out or move along.

Makeyne: I tried it and the Pratice Speech and Practice Romance works really well but the Play Rap is a little strange because the sim doesn't stand in front of the microphone, but they move to the side. I can post a picture if you need me to.

@edit: I posted the picture. The sim is standing on the side doing her rap instead of in front of the microphone
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:55 PM
did any of you read the thing? "all betas go in the normal download section" or somthing like that.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#9 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:55 PM
Makeyne,

This should be in the Downloads section, so I'm going to move it over there for you.

Everbody else, this is exactly why I keep saying try the files before you comment. Give Makeyne time to work on his hack rather than pestering him with questions you could have answered yourselves.

RG
Instructor
#10 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:59 PM
a stupid question but do u need the ep? because i would love to have people singing for absolutly no reason at all in the sims 2 without any ep's
#11 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:57 PM
Er, ok, maybe I'm not. Is this a request for help, or an item for download? I'm not sure I understand Makeyne's intentions.

RG
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
Er, ok, maybe I'm not. Is this a request for help, or an item for download? I'm not sure I understand Makeyne's intentions.

RG

they put it here asd there is no beta testing section.
Instructor
#13 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:04 PM
I'm pretty sure you need the episode since you can't 'freestyle' without it and it looks to be at least partially based on the new instruments in university.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:04 PM
the episode...rriigghhtt...
#15 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:12 PM
lover, I wasn't asking *you*.
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:09 PM
this is a very cool idea been looking forward to one of these for a while now!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:27 PM Last edited by Makeyne : 17th Apr 2005 at 11:33 PM.
I need people that know as fix Play Rap correctly. Add more options as Joke option.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:31 PM
:howdy:
Hi,
That looks great, I will download and test this.
Thanks
will let you know.
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 1:08 AM
wow cool! i'll definately test this for you. really good idea. i dont know why maxis didnt put a microphone in in the first place since theres the option of playing in a band ><
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 4:43 AM
well it works, the 'practise speech' and 'practise romance', but like motoki said, when you choose the rap the sim goes to the side.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 2:16 AM
Somebody was able to fix "play rap" option and to include to "play rap for money" option?
Instructor
#22 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 3:54 AM
Hey Makeyne!

nice to see another "brazuca" here making modding stuff!
I don't know if i can help you with your microphone (i didn't downloaded yet) but i will get it now and take a look at it. If i have an idea i let you know.

btw, good job! :D
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 8:07 PM
First, I want to say, thanks for the download. It definately helps with my movie I'm creating.

Maybe I'm the oddball out, but I tested it and had no trouble with it. The way I kept my sim right behind the mic, I selected "go to front" and then "play rap". My game hasn't crashed as a result of it *knocks on wood.

And just an fyi for anyone who's interested, it is in english *if you have the english version*.
Instructor
#24 Old 8th May 2005 at 5:41 PM
awe, you need the ep. that isnt good
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th May 2005 at 9:13 PM Last edited by decorgal21572 : 10th Jul 2005 at 8:48 PM.
Thank you for making this! I make movies with the Sims and needed a microphone more for decoration for my bands than anything.

*EDIT: I just wanted to say that I couldn't have made my movie Speed of Sound without this microphone. It is very functional and I was able to make my Chris Martin Sim look like he is singing. I've gotten a lot of people asking me where to get the mic so I want to say a HUGE thanks!

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: old thread, old project
Page 1 of 3