Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Canning Station Overhaul [UPDATE: Aug 2 2016]

by Butterbot Posted 28th Jul 2016 at 10:34 AM - Updated 28th Apr 2018 at 5:06 AM by Butterbot : Content

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 97 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
Test Subject
#151 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 11:43 AM
Jam still useless with this mod? I mean - only one portion from whole Jar?
And Jars still useless because from them you can get the same vegetables that you put in them, without benefits?
I hope, however, that somebody will do something about it.
But rations are great things, especially for travelers, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#152 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 2:40 PM
Thanks for making one of my favorite premium content even better!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 3:24 PM
Super) Fantastic) i like it) So cool
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#154 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 11:25 PM
What can I say? This is so useful and COOL!

All my sims tend to be "out and about" types, and it's fantastic to send them off with proper packed lunches and provisions. And now they can enjoy their fresh produce in the heart of a long winter (the lucky blighters)... and my Adventuring sims have actual rations to scarf down in the middle of tomb-raiding and dodging mummies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#155 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:11 PM
Evidently the mods that allow plants to live longer does not work with this mod. I have the canning station mod, and all the addon plant mods. Now I just need a way to make the plants live longer - trying to plant a huge perfect garden.
Is there anyway this mod could be amended to make the plants live longer?
Absolutely love this mod and appreciate the hard work!
Instructor
Original Poster
#156 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 8:29 PM
@TPMemnoch

Can you provide a link to the "allow plants to live longer" mod? I can try to take a look and see if it's in conflict with the Canning Station Overhaul.

To the best of my knowledge, the Overhaul doesn't touch anything related to plants, so it'd be surprising if it's indeed implicated. It would be really helpful if you can describe the following:

1. What pointed you to the Canning Station Overhaul as the source of problem?
2. In what way does the "plants live longer" mod no longer work in your game?

Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#157 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 6:58 PM
@TPMemnoch

Thanks for the reply! If you don't mind, I prefer to discuss the mod here in the comments instead of via PM. This way, the information is readily available to anyone else running into a similar problem. I've pasted the relevant technical info from your reply down below for reference:

Quote: Originally posted by TPMemnoch
The mod is 'more harvestables for plants'. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=597106
1. If I take the canning station mod out, plants do not die. Put the canning station mod in, plants die.
[...]
I do have all the mods for the extra plants - cabbage, corn, cucumber, etc.. and the Nraas controller mods.
I do have all the eps, stuff packs and almost all the store stuff for Sims 3.

I've taken a peek at the plants mod and don't think the Canning Station Overhaul is interfering with it. It only edits one tag in a single resource, which the Overhaul doesn't affect in any way.

However, according to its comments, the "more harvestables" mod only works for plants that are planted after the mod has been installed. Is it possible that the plants dying at the same time as the Overhaul being put in was a coincidence, since those plants may have been planted before the "more harvestables" mod was installed and therefore would not have been protected from death anyway? Also, it doesn't look like it covers Store or modded harvestables. It might be useful to make sure that both the "more harvestables" mod and the Overhaul are installed, then planting a new group of plants (I would suggest testing only with non-Store, non-mod plants), and seeing if these live longer.

Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#158 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
@nixicole

You've almost got it:

1. Select the canningJarJam OBJD resource like you did in S3PE.
2. Click on the "Grid" button at the bottom of the screen. This will pop up a new window titled "Data Grid".
3. Locate the row named "SlotPlacementFlags" and click on the small triangle next to it. This will expand the sub-rows it contains.
4. Set the flags mentioned in the mod's description to "True".
5. Click "Commit". This closes the Data Grid window and temporarily saves the changes just made.
6. Go to File --> Save to permanently save the changes.

Don't forget to back up the decrap_fixes file before making the changes in case you need to revert.

Enjoy the mod.

Hi
I used this small guide but Sims3Dashboard still says there is a conflict. Do I also have to set the other presets to "false" or something like that?
Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#159 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 7:24 PM
@lulliepop

That should be OK. There is indeed a "conflict" in the sense that decrap_fixes is overriding one of the resources in the Overhaul, but that's expected and why the instructions you quoted above are necessary for the jar slot placement improvements to work. This will not result in problems during gameplay or in the savegame. There's no need to set the other flags to false.

Thanks for checking out the mod and I hope you enjoy it.
Test Subject
#160 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 3:23 PM
@lulliepop

That should be OK. There is indeed a "conflict" in the sense that decrap_fixes is overriding one of the resources in the Overhaul, but that's expected and why the instructions you quoted above are necessary for the jar slot placement improvements to work. This will not result in problems during gameplay or in the savegame. There's no need to set the other flags to false.

Thanks for checking out the mod and I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for the answer!. I'm going on a redecoration spree now.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#161 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 12:11 AM
Thank you! This is awesome, particularly for my sims that get sick in the summer and spring and can't get a flu shot.
Test Subject
#162 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 7:07 PM
Does every harvestable have a custom jam texture when you would put it on a slice of bread?
Instructor
Original Poster
#163 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JustSome
Does every harvestable have a custom jam texture when you would put it on a slice of bread?

That depends on how similar the jams look. For example, raspberry jam toasts share a texture with strawberry jam toasts, because raspberry and strawberry jams are almost indistinguishable in real life. However, a toast spread with lime marmalade will have a different texture.
Scholar
#164 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 7:31 AM Last edited by NutsAndDolts : 25th Jan 2018 at 5:15 PM.
Does anyone have the edited StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package for download somewhere? I have never used S3PE for anything other than combining package files, so even after looking at guides about slot placement and objd, I'm 100% lost.

nixicole's screenshot looks nothing like what my OBJD line says. Mine says "Error reading resource 319E4F1D:01000000:00000000000F6139" etc. I don't even have the option to click the "grid" button.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#165 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 6:22 PM
Yay!! Ty
Instructor
Original Poster
#166 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:48 AM
@NutsAndDolts

Sorry to hear things are being troublesome. It's strange that S3PE is unable to read the OBJD resource and display it in the preview pane. Perhaps an older version of S3PE is being used, or the .package file itself is corrupted... What happens when you click and select the other OBJD lines in your StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package?

@galadrielh

Glad you enjoy it By the way, your builds are inspirational!
Scholar
#167 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:12 AM
@Butterbot

Most of the other OBJD files seem okay, and have the grid button clickable, but a few others also have the error. I don't see any rhyme or reason for this, but, I am not very experienced in this particular form of witchcraft.

I'm using the canning station mod in my game now, everything seems fine except the jars cannot rotate. So it's not the end of the world if I can't fix it, it would just be nice if I could.

I love it anyway. <3
Instructor
Original Poster
#168 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:00 AM
@NutsAndDolts

Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
[...] a few others also have the error.

This is definitely not expected behaviour for S3PE. It might be prudent to re-download StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package; the worry here is that the game might not be able to read the borked OBJD resources either (although that's not necessarily easy to diagnose).

At any rate, I'm glad the mod works well for you otherwise.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#169 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:58 PM
I couldn't find if this was asked after checking here and on NRaas, but will the double boiled ginseng work on germy moodlets that come from NRaas Vector?
Instructor
Original Poster
#170 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 10:54 PM
@orose

I'm not familiar with Vector. The broth should work on the moodlet itself, but it would not prevent Vector from adding the buff back if it's so inclined. If you decide to give it a go, let me know whether it works!
Instructor
#171 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:38 AM
@orose

I'm not familiar with Vector. The broth should work on the moodlet itself, but it would not prevent Vector from adding the buff back if it's so inclined. If you decide to give it a go, let me know whether it works!

I've been testing it and it does work to remove the moodlet initially, but vector seems to put it right back after a few seconds. That said, I found out afterwards that the sim I was testing on was sick with two separate vector illnesses, so it's possible that the moodlet from the first was removed but not the one from the second. I'll try it on a save with only one illness enabled and see what happens.
Test Subject
#172 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 8:52 PM
Tried the mod and it was causing error 12 on saving game. Got a few game crashing to desktop so I had to remove it. I test all mods that I add to make sure they work with my already pre-tested mods. I use Nraas, icarusallsorts, MissyHissy_Careers, bluegenjutsu, Shimrods, Twoftmama, and others. Once the mod was removed my game was working propertly again. I am updated to 1.67 version of Sims 3. Mostly likely there is a conflict between one of my already installed mods.
Instructor
Original Poster
#173 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 10:02 PM
Sorry to hear that you're dealing with error 12. Please let me know if you find out which of your existing mods is conflicting.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#174 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:04 PM
Dude these changes (especially the rations feature) are GREAT for playing a post-apocalypse save!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#175 Old 25th May 2018 at 9:13 AM
trying to install now but hank you
Page 7 of 9