Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 1:09 AM
About cleaning my downloads bodyparts files
Hello. I hope that I'm posting at the right place

I'm playing since 2005 and get a large amount of files.
I'm actually trying to get rid of some broken or ugly hairs and clothes. I usually use the Body Shop, Download Organiser and Simpe.
But I'm facing some trouble locating the files on my downloads section. If I check on the Body Shop, when passing my mouse on the panel showing a hairdo or a cloth, there is the name of the creator showing up.
By exemple "By Ellu" or ""XMSIMS". It can help me to find the proper files and get rid of them.
But sometimes there is no way to find the name on the title, the filename or the description. Is there another category?
Appart of erasing manually from Body Shop each occurence of the file, is there a way on SimPE by example to find a list of the downloads with the name who appear under BodyShop?

Thank you for helping me!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 1:26 AM
I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but Delphy's Download Organizer may help.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 1:32 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Jan 2019 at 1:48 AM.
The tooltip tool is very useful. It puts the filename as the tooltip instead of whatever the creator used (remember to tick the "change tooltip" box). Makes it a lot easier to locate items with Bodyshop: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=321239
(you can do this manually in the Text Lists resource, but it's lots of work when all it takes is a few minutes of letting a program do all the work)

Simply let the program run through the files you want to change. It only changes recolor files, so don't worry if there are meshes or other files present.

With SimPE you can compare the mesh file to the 3DIR. The Instance number for the Shape and Cres from the mesh file should match the last 8-digit number in the Resource Node and Shape in the 3DIR. If they match, they belong together. If they don't match, the mesh is probably the wrong one (for hairs and accessories, make sure you're comparing the right age to the right 3DIR - easiest way to know is to compare the Material Definition/Txmt instance number to the ones in the 3DIR to get the right age, and then compare it to the mesh belonging to that age).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but Delphy's Download Organizer may help.

I'm already using the Delphy's.

To explain in a better way, here is a picture. You can see that the label says 8k/nouk. When I go to the download organiser, no file has such a name. And the "8k/nouk" doesn't appear in any title nor filename nor description. I wonder how to find a file after the label.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 1:55 AM
@Shaniah29, I think you posted while I was posting, so I just wanted to make sure you see the post I made above
That toolip tool saved me a ton of work while I was cleaning up my downloads a while back. Lots of old junk in there...

While you are cleaning out your downloads, it's a good idea to make a system with (not too deep) subfoldering.

Personally I prefer keeping meshes together with their recolors, so I don't have issues with orphan meshes and the like. I'm not too fond of the organizer tools, and do most of my editing in SimPE. May take a little more time, but at least I have full control over what I'm doing. The tools occasionally flag files as borked or orphaned, while in reality they just need a little bit of tinkering to work. Plus, in SimPE I have full access to whatever I might want to change (deleting faulty bump maps, changing categories, removing double textures for hairs, or whatever else might need some tinkering).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 2:19 AM
If your folder is that old, I would suggest pasting it to your desktop and starting from scratch. Downloading all new fresh up to date items and keeping it organized. Then go through your old download folder slowly, bringing over things you want to keep.

Also lol, body parts sound like you're an axe murderer. I think you mean Body Shop items like clothes, hair and makeup.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 2:31 AM
Thank you so much Simmer22!
joanandsarah 77: pardon my french it's very late back here and my brain hurts!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 6:57 AM
The problem with deleting every instance in Bodyshop is that only the recolours get deleted and the mesh stays there forever surplus to requirements.

I have that hair the sim in your picture is wearing, but I can't find it in my files either. If I wanted to delete it I'd usually look up Nouk and go through her hairs to see if I could spot it. Don't suppose you know what the hair at the bottom right is? It looks interesting. XD
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 12:22 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Jan 2019 at 12:35 PM.
Charity, I think it's a donation peggy hair, so you may be able to find the original at the Booty. No idea if it's a recolor, though.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=File:Mpg10.jpg

The hair gallery is often helpful (at least for the older hairs) - http://simswiki.info/Hair_Gallery, and allthehairs for recolors: http://allthehairs.podserver.info/

I don't think the pictured hair is a Nouk hair, but sometimes people will use Nouk's textures for their recolors.

I've taken to use the filename (a descriptive one) as the tooltip for my own files, because it's so much easier to locate them if there's something I need to fix. The tooltip tool is genious, because you can just run it through your files, and then be able to find the exact file you're looking for in Bodyshop. It's harder to find the mesh, but once you know which file it is it may be easier to find the original, and from there you can locate the mesh. As I mentioned above, once you've found the mesh (and all the belonging recolors), you can make sure it's the right one in SimPE, and then remove the files.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 3:25 PM
You can use SimPE’s finder to find your recolor-file and from that file’s 3D ID-files find your Mesh-file
1. First you have to add your folders with your hair-files (Recolors and Meshes) to SimPE’s file table. Due to windows’ rules about the length of filenames’ search-path it’s a good thing to assemble them in one or two sub-folders in your Downloads-folder.
2. Then you use Finder's STR # Search to find your recolour file .
3. After that you use Finder’s TGI Search to find the mesh-file via CRES-value in one of the 3D ID-files.

For those who are interested I supply a detailed tutorial in pdf-format.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Finder Tutorial.zip (2.08 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#11 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The tooltip tool is very useful. It puts the filename as the tooltip instead of whatever the creator used (remember to tick the "change tooltip" box). Makes it a lot easier to locate items with Bodyshop: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=321239
(you can do this manually in the Text Lists resource, but it's lots of work when all it takes is a few minutes of letting a program do all the work)

Simply let the program run through the files you want to change. It only changes recolor files, so don't worry if there are meshes or other files present.

With SimPE you can compare the mesh file to the 3DIR. The Instance number for the Shape and Cres from the mesh file should match the last 8-digit number in the Resource Node and Shape in the 3DIR. If they match, they belong together. If they don't match, the mesh is probably the wrong one (for hairs and accessories, make sure you're comparing the right age to the right 3DIR - easiest way to know is to compare the Material Definition/Txmt instance number to the ones in the 3DIR to get the right age, and then compare it to the mesh belonging to that age).

I was checking this out and on her last post she said it was not working for Win 7 and later. Did she ever fix this?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 4:09 PM
It works fine with Win7 (which is what I have). If it doesn't work, you may want to try compatibility mode or some such. I didn't have to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It works fine with Win7 (which is what I have). If it doesn't work, you may want to try compatibility mode or some such. I didn't have to.

It works fine on win 10 too.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 9:01 AM
@Charity (sorry to necropost and bother everyone else!), the hair is a Peggy one I have in my game; I see it numbered variously as G00010, G M010, or G002. Here are the allthehairs links to Pooklet and Remi textures.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 10:16 AM
Thanks!