Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 4:09 AM
Custom Careers from MTS after new UPDATE doesn't work properly
Yo!

Today I've noticed that every custom career i downloaded from MTS after yesterdays Game Update having some issues/bugs :/

This is so dissapointing... I have many of them installed...

1. And you can see on the screen, that every of these careers I chosed for random sim - is ... "invisible" O_O

2. Next thing after choosing random Custom Career and for example going to "town edit mode" and returning to this family with this Custom Careers the game is ... acting wird. Like stuck, but it isn't.. There is no family panel, menu on top has missing icon.. da?

men... i don't know what to do. Everything was fine until that latest update.

Do you have some suggestions?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 4:33 AM
Ok, I think these careers I have chosen are specificly using Neia_Careers_Commons.package - maybe I am wrong I don't know, but I just downloaded some careers without this script and they working fine...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 5:12 AM
I have this problem as well. Though, it only happened once with one family (knock on wood it doesn't happen again), and I was able to get the UI back and have the family loaded after I had exited out of the game (thanks to Task Manager since I couldn't actually save and quit, ehh). Just on the safe side I haven't had Sims join customs careers since then. But yeah, it only happened the one time when I noticed that despite saying it had joined the career, the game still had "Click to join a career" in the panel. Honestly that might have been what screwed it up, cause before it just...had it blanked?

Either way, still disappointing that the new patch broke something essential.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 3:14 PM
Thanks for reply!

I was snooping on the internet and I was able to find some "UPDATED" mods (actually it was ONLY Neila who had them updated YESTERDAY! <3) - and now (just them) they work fine.

Rest of mods, that haven't been updated..... i am sad but they doesn't work anymore and I had to remove them. It was about 70% of my career mods and I don't really know if modders will update these... Eh.. i am so disapointed...
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 4:31 AM
So I am having this problem to only its just some careers. I don't understand it. It's only happening on some careers and they even have the same creators and it says that they've updated. I go and download the updated version and I am still having the same problem. For example I can download Neila's Airline hostess and it works but I download the sports massage therapist and it wont work. Can anyone help me?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 10:52 AM
Hi to all in this thread,

Game updates often cause existing CC/ Mods to break- this has been the case since Sims 1.

You need to remove outdated CC before you update your game, and wait for the creators to update the content.

If you are having a problem with CC/mods which are designed for your game version, then you can leave a report in the creator's download thread, specifying your gameversion and the error received.