Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#15701 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:44 PM
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#15702 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:17 PM
Scholar
#15703 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 8:38 AM
Hi, I am updating early as my workplace is closed due to snow. Chapter 3.7
Scholar
Original Poster
#15704 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 5:57 PM
Space Pony
#15705 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 6:58 PM
2.0 - A New Generation

This chapter was suppose to go out two weeks ago. Unfortunately, despite being on vacation, I ended up with a cold. So I've spent the past couple weeks curled up in bed. Pregnancy and sickness are not a good combo.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Field Researcher
#15706 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:49 AM
Lab Assistant
#15707 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 12:18 PM Last edited by melynx : 5th Mar 2018 at 3:29 PM.
@kadience Hope you feel better!

I've got a new chapter too:

Gen 8 Ch 1: Where the Heart Is

EDIT:
And another one!

Gen 8 Ch 2: Back
Scholar
Original Poster
#15708 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:14 PM Last edited by NutsAndDolts : 9th Mar 2018 at 5:26 PM.
Happy Monday!

Goldbeard RLC Chapter 134: Two Dimensions is up.

Edit: Happy Friday!

Chapter 135: The Less You Know is up.
Scholar
#15709 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 8:49 AM
I have another update, Chapter 3.8
Lab Assistant
#15710 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:28 PM
5.15 Moon river

Neda has taken the trip to egypt
Field Researcher
#15711 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 1:47 PM
*Waves hand* Hey guys! I'm still around, even though I haven't been very active lately. I've been incredibly busy with real life stuff. Between work and family, I just haven't been able to find time for much, until this weekend. Phew. I'm almost caught up with everybody's legacies again (still struggling to catch up with the Winterly's and melynx's legacy, but I'm getting there)!

If all goes well, the next Marquel update will not be too far off either.

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Lab Assistant
#15712 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:19 PM
*pokes head in*

Hi, I'm new here, but I've been a fan of the Sims since the Sims 1

I've tried to do legacies in the past, but something always seems to go wrong. I hope it won't happen this time round...
Scholar
Original Poster
#15713 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:04 PM
Good to hear from you Ann! Real life gets tricky sometimes.

Hi new person! Welcome to the challenge! The RLC was my first legacy as well, but all these years later, it has not lost its appeal. Let us know if we can help out or clarify anything for you.
Lab Assistant
#15714 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 11:38 PM
There is one thing that needs clarifying: Does the founder/heir need to complete their lifetime wish as well as the generation goal?

And I managed to write up the first part of my legacy!

The Street Random Legacy: Chapter 1.1 - #foreveralone
http://toolsieplaysthesims3.blogspo...reveralone.html

Sorry if there's grammar mistakes. It's late and my brain has stopped working D:
Scholar
Original Poster
#15715 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 12:12 AM
If you rolled Fulfilled as the Generation Goal, you must complete your founder/heir's LTW. Otherwise nothing in the rules requires it.
Lab Assistant
#15716 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 10:10 PM Last edited by slashbanghorror : 12th Mar 2018 at 10:36 PM.
Thank you, sorry for being a noob D:

Also, my game really hates me right now. It's crashed on me twice in the space of half an hour. I keep having to save every five minutes...

Make that three times.

Are you kidding me? I've just lost my save file. :///////

Edit: Found it. Thank God, I would have cried if it was really gone D:
Lab Assistant
#15717 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 11:29 PM Last edited by melynx : 12th Mar 2018 at 11:40 PM.
Just a tip I read once: apparently it's much better to use 'save as' instead of 'save' when saving your game. Apparently saving over the same save file several times makes it prone to corruption, so it's safer to create a new one each time you save. Yes, that takes more disc space, but you can simply go in and delete old saves you're not likely to use anymore.

Also, about your crashes, @slashbanghorror, are you using nraas mods like overwatch and errortrap? Those can help prevent a lot of things that cause lag and crashes. (That is, if those crashes are due to something within the game. Maybe you're just running low on RAM?)
Lab Assistant
#15718 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 11:52 PM
Ah, that sounds like a good idea I’ll give it a try next time.

And I’m not using any mods. I had a mod installed with made witches learn spells faster, but that’s about it. I’ll check my RAM and everything, as well as give my laptop a good clean out. It’s pretty old D:

Anyway, my first Gen Two spawn is nearly a child how is everyone else’s legacy doing?
Field Researcher
#15719 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 12:50 PM
Welcome to the challenge, slashbanghorror! I'll parrot melynx and suggest you take a look at the Nraas mods - especially Story Progression, in addition to the ones melynx mentioned, since you mentioned you've had issues with legacies in the past. Story Progression will help keep your town balanced and prevent it from stagnating, which makes playing a legacy challenge much smoother.

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Lab Assistant
#15720 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 2:56 PM
Just popping in to say I am still around just swamped with RL things. I'm hoping to put out an update this weekend.

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Lab Assistant
#15721 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 4:03 PM
Agreeing with @ConvictedDreamer ! @slashbanghorror , a few pages back we were discussing useful mods for legacy gameplay in this thread. Might be a good idea to check it out! Definitely get StoryProgression though
@Keyneky Looking forward to that update!

In the meanwhile, I've got a new one up:

Gen 8 Ch 3: To the Future

ITF spoilers if you've never seen Oasis Landing, I guess! No spoilers about the ITF narrative and opportunity chains though, I completely ignored those for the story XD
Lab Assistant
#15722 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 7:47 PM Last edited by slashbanghorror : 13th Mar 2018 at 11:51 PM.
So, I’ve installed the Overwatch and Story Progression mods, and loaded up the game to check that they are installed.

However, I have thought of something else. Usually, when the game crashes, I move to a new neighbourhood and everything fixes itself. I’ll move my Sims to a new neighbourhood and see if that works, too.

Thanks for the tips, everyone :D

Ahhhh, I've got the next chapter up, but it's not the best one and I'm not too happy about it: http://toolsieplaysthesims3.blogspo...ur-toddler.html

It's because I got too caught up trying to teach Violet to walk, talk, use the potty, and read nine books to her that I forgot to screenshot everything D:

I was unsatisfied with where I left off the last chapter, so I added a bit more. I now have a second child to raise, though having done it once it shouldn't be too hard to do it again, right?
Field Researcher
#15723 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 2:33 AM
Welcome to the challenge slashbanghorror! It sounds like the save file may have been corrupted if everything worked well in a new neighborhood? This does tend to happen after a while, and a lot of people also use the Nraas porter mod when moving to preserve their family tree and sim relationships. But if you do use errortrap and overwatch it may help to prolong your save so you don't have to move so often.

Finally got this chapter posted: Chapter 9.9 "I Want a Cat!"
Lab Assistant
#15724 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 11:23 PM
Hey hey!

First of all, sorry for the quality of the photos on the blog. I've changed the blog theme and increased the photo size, so hopefully it looks better now.

Second of all, I have a new update: http://toolsieplaysthesims3.blogspo...-of-riches.html

I'm not working right now (though I am looking for jobs), and now that my game is actually working, I've been able to play and update a lot.

Hope it's more interesting for you guys D:
Scholar
Original Poster
#15725 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 6:49 PM
Page 629 of 676