5 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12826 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
She didn't protest at some other flirts though, such as goose.

I bet her playful points are high.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Inventor
#12827 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 5:57 PM
Question - I have a collection file that appears only once when accessing it in-game, but appears twice when I try to organize it (moving the order of the collections). The copy has a different icon, however, and it seems that I can move its position around but it will still be invisible when I go back to the actual collections section in-game. Would anyone happen to know how I can fix it?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12828 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Question - I have a collection file that appears only once when accessing it in-game, but appears twice when I try to organize it (moving the order of the collections). The copy has a different icon, however, and it seems that I can move its position around but it will still be invisible when I go back to the actual collections section in-game. Would anyone happen to know how I can fix it?

It might be that one is a community lot version of the collection and the other is a residential lot version. When you create collections, you have the choice of picking one or the other or both. If you pick both, the game will sometimes have two versions when you look at your collections in the 'organising' panel. You can tell the difference because one will have a blue border to the icon and the other an orange border. If you have a look at the EAxis default collections, you can see there are two versions of a lot of them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#12829 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 7:47 PM
I see. That makes sense. I was confused because I have collections that are enabled on both residential and community lots, but they didn't duplicate like this. This doesn't happen all the time then? I suppose I can delete and recreate the collection if it particularly bothers me. Thank you!
Scholar
#12830 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 8:13 PM
kinda offtopic but why is Delphy now Tashiketh?

I feel like i'm out of a loop here

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#12831 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 8:14 PM
Midlife crisis, likely.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12832 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 9:50 PM
New question: The Sim Manipulator adds a "*Teleport" option when clicking on the ground. It's helpful to have on occasion but I didn't want it to always appear, so I changed the TTAB for it in Sim_Manipulator_DestinationMenu_AddOn.package and checked "debug menu." However, it doesn't appear when shift-clicking the ground. Did I make a mistake?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12833 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 9:53 PM
Why are the "open underneath" modular stairs acting like an end table? Sims will put newspapers, cups, etc on the BOTTOM step.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12834 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Why are the "open underneath" modular stairs acting like an end table? Sims will put newspapers, cups, etc on the BOTTOM step.

Must have a slot.
I see. That makes sense. I was confused because I have collections that are enabled on both residential and community lots, but they didn't duplicate like this. This doesn't happen all the time then? I suppose I can delete and recreate the collection if it particularly bothers me. Thank you!

I haven't worked out what makes it happen - I mean I haven't tried to work it out, I just noted it happened. Sometimes. Sorry I can't be more help about it.
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
kinda offtopic but why is Delphy now Tashiketh?

I feel like i'm out of a loop here

I wouldn't ask. I got shouted at when I did. Admittedly, I did make a joke in poor taste about it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Top Secret Researcher
#12835 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 4:33 AM
New question: The Sim Manipulator adds a "*Teleport" option when clicking on the ground. It's helpful to have on occasion but I didn't want it to always appear, so I changed the TTAB for it in Sim_Manipulator_DestinationMenu_AddOn.package and checked "debug menu." However, it doesn't appear when shift-clicking the ground. Did I make a mistake?

Just Guessing. but maybe you need to have TestingCheats on?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#12836 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 4:48 AM
I have testing cheats enabled all the time.

Inventor
#12837 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I haven't worked out what makes it happen - I mean I haven't tried to work it out, I just noted it happened. Sometimes. Sorry I can't be more help about it.

That's all right. At least I know that it isn't solely my game freaking out.

Another question - can I delete the default collections from the Collections folder or in-game? I made my own versions of some of the files and I was hoping to reduce the clutter, but I'm worried about damaging something. I don't think it will since the collections are separate per TS2 folder, yet it's better to be safe than sorry.
Mad Poster
#12838 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:20 AM
It'll be fine. I've done it.

Inventor
#12839 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:32 AM
Thank you. I was getting tired of putting the unused collections all the way at the end, and some of the defaults even have duplicates.
Mad Poster
#12840 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:36 AM
Question: Is there a way to make a fountain stop foaming? After adding soap, it's still foaming almost two days later.

Mad Poster
#12841 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:53 AM
Sell it and buy a new fountain.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12842 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:55 AM
Another question - can I delete the default collections from the Collections folder or in-game? I made my own versions of some of the files and I was hoping to reduce the clutter, but I'm worried about damaging something. I don't think it will since the collections are separate per TS2 folder, yet it's better to be safe than sorry.

If you just mean the collection file itself, that should be safe to delete in game but don't go deleting any defaults in game. I generally edit collections though rather than duplicate them.

Inventor
#12843 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
If you just mean the collection file itself, that should be safe to delete in game but don't go deleting any defaults in game. I generally edit collections though rather than duplicate them.

Sorry, I'm getting confused. Just for clarification, I can delete any custom collections I've made in-game, but I shouldn't delete any of the EAxis collections? Would deleting the EAxis collection files from the Collections folder be a bad thing?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12844 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 12:29 PM
No maxon is saying don't delete defaults. Defaults refer to CC made by someone to overwrite a maxis item, we don't normally refer to the Maxis items themselves as defaults so the confusion is due to word usage. Pretty sure you can delete the maxis collections although I have never done so- anybody know for sure?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12845 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 12:50 PM
Yeah I've deleted EAxis collections without problems. Jo is correct Sketching.

Inventor
#12846 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:18 PM Last edited by Sketching : 25th Mar 2018 at 3:17 PM.
Whoops, my bad. Sorry for the confusion. I think I'm out of it due to some pain medication. I'll just see myself out now.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to say thank you, maxon and joandsarah77. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#12847 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 4:04 PM
I got confused too reading this and I am not on pain medication. One minute you guys are talking about Collection, then boom!...default 0_o
Considering they are 2 very different things. I got lost as well. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12848 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:08 PM
Question: Is there a way to make a fountain stop foaming? After adding soap, it's still foaming almost two days later.

=
But not as irritating as a foaming SIM, or a bubbling butt.

Mad Poster
#12849 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:10 PM
And let me try again:
So why/how did the modular stairs get a "slot"? And it happens with ALL of them.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12850 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And let me try again:
So why/how did the modular stairs get a "slot"? And it happens with ALL of them.

No idea only it must be a slot if you can put something there. I guess it might be the slot needed to help the sim onto the stair though decorative slots are not the same things as animation ones. Can your sims still use the stairs?

Page 514 of 1346