Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5576 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:43 PM
Google can be irritating sometimes. Notice the search results that are missing the word "census." It's one of your search terms - why would they show you results that are missing one of your search terms? That drives me nuts!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5577 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:53 PM
Google's been doing it for a few years now: https://neosmart.net/blog/2016/on-t...search-results/

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5578 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 11:36 AM
A few days back, I had a Sim lose all his want slots after having to force-error reset him. I didn't feel like moving him back into the house, so I temporarily changed his aspiration to Grilled Cheese, locked one of the wants, changed it back to his original (which made the other 3 go blank), and then fulfill the locked one. It re-rolled his other wants - generic ones at first but then after filling a few of them they went back to normal.

Another discovery is that, with allmenus on, there's a 'dispose' option on lamps. Didn't someone make a mod to let lamps break and need to be replaced sometimes?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5579 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 9:10 PM
After many, many, years of not using it, I reinstalled Simwardrobe's Categorizer. I was fearful to do so before because I'd made a few stupid beginner mistakes (like changing anything in build mode categories-don't ever do that. It will crash your game.) and it made sure to make my game unplayable.
I was also afraid that it wouldn't work with all the EP's, (even though I knew better..).

Lo and behold, it works just like it did the last time-perfectly. Now that I know what not to do, I can use it again! I missed it so much!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5580 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 10:13 PM
Discovered this on wiki, but toaster ovens aren't (just?) microwaves. I assume they are basically a microwave, but they are much more distinguished than just in appearance.
Field Researcher
#5581 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 10:44 PM
Toaster ovens are like mini ovens or a slightly different toaster. Nothing like a microwave.
Field Researcher
#5582 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I discovered that the EA developers are working on remaking the Sims 2! You can see more details in this video.

You know, I could not log in too much these days and where I live, April Fool's practically does not exist. So, I clicked on that link via phone with enthusiasm.

The jokes on you, though. I like that song so much that I ended up dancing and singing.
Mad Poster
#5583 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
The other one is Fire Safety, which makes Sims get out of the house when a fire breaks out, rather than mothing it.

And 2 that are "must haves' for me; can direct them to fight the fire, and the burglar.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#5584 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Oh. I must've had a mod affecting it, then, because one of my orphanage Sims never got the scholarship.

where's the button for "confused" -

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#5585 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 12:34 AM
My orphanage Sims are mostly aged-down townies.

New discovery: Children will happily jump around on the lower bunk of a bunkbed.

Lab Assistant
#5586 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 6:12 PM
That my sims hate taxi/carpool drivers and will step back in disgust.

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Mad Poster
#5587 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 6:48 PM
If you use the Meeting Controller to call a meeting, which includes the marriage of two visitors to each other, the one married in moves onto the lot where the meeting is held while the one who initiates the marriage goes home at the end of the day. He brings money with him, too!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5588 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MintFinch
That my sims hate taxi/carpool drivers and will step back in disgust.

It has to do with turn-offs - maybe their aspirations, zodiacs, or other characteristics just turn your sims off. The disgust they feel is due to negative chemistry, I think.
Mad Poster
#5589 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 9:40 PM
I've seen Ripp Grunt heartfart at the bus driver.

Scholar
#5590 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 10:43 PM
I discovered that 1) there's a full row in my female teenagers' underwear with literally nothing and 2) there are nipples on my skins.

H.
Instructor
#5591 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 10:56 PM
I discovered the wonders of setquartertileplacement on. RIP boolprop snapobjectstogrid false (2014-2018), gone but not forgotten.
Mad Poster
#5592 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 11:29 PM
I discovered that if you send a sim to *dance* when another sim is playing/performing on an musical instrument, it satisfies the dance with sim want, for both sims

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5593 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
I discovered the wonders of setquartertileplacement on. RIP boolprop snapobjectstogrid false (2014-2018), gone but not forgotten.

There's an occasional CC object that quarter tile placement doesn't work for. So the rumors of its death are greatly exaggerated.

Mad Poster
#5594 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 7:34 AM
Turns out I wasn't the first one to make an American Eskimo Dog. I'm not sure why I searched for it instead of just clicking on my profile.

I think I like mine a little better.

Theorist
#5595 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Not to discredit the original creator's take on it, but I do like yours better, as well! Good job.

^ THis, same here. It looks smoother which fits my personal taste better. But the other one also looks very adorable.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Top Secret Researcher
#5596 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:16 PM
Either I've got some mod preventing it, or sims don't actually take home the things they buy while at another sim's shop. Finnian bought three toy robots from Julia's shop while I was playing her lot, but when I went to check his inventory, there wasn't one.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#5597 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:52 PM
You've got a mod. One of the things I like best about having owned businesses is seeing what sims buy on their own by checking the inventory.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#5598 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 5:05 PM
Well that's good to hear. I've been excited for a while at the prospect of spreading robots through the 'hood based on what everyone buys from Julia.
Edit: Now, if only I could figure out which one it is...OTL

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#5599 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 5:13 PM
It sounds like BO's inventory mod, but that one does it only for townies, I think..ah, here it is: "Simulated Sales": http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....55846#msg155846

But he references Squinge's hack: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,8418.0.html , which does delete items from inventory.

"As requested:
This mod stops your playable sims from filling up their inventory with unwanted items & going broke when your not playing them.

You still make money from the sale(because you need to replace what they bought) but it doesn't get subtracted from their family funds or added to their inventory."

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5600 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:03 PM
It also could be from Sims Wardrobe Playables don't go broke?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 224 of 445