Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 10:39 PM
Default Can slots be slanted?
Does anyone know is this possible? I'd like to make an slanted surface at like 25 degrees and would like the objects to sit in a slot flush with that surface.
Thanks in advance!
:P
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 10:47 PM
Yes, that's the first three lists (actually a rotation matrix).

http://www.idomaths.com/linear_transformation_3d.php

That page is very handy for figuring out the correct rotation values.

(As a not very math-inclined person, I would probably find it difficult to figure out the correct position for the slots after the fact .. I'd probably make my surface non-slanted first, put some dummy vertices on the surface where I want the slots to be, and then rotate the whole thing. So that I can use the dummy vertices as a reference, I mean)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 11:06 PM
Thank you! I can see how the dummy vertices would work, that makes a lot of sense. The only part I'm not sure about is the 'first three lists'. Are those the numbers under the transform part of the slot?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 11:26 PM
Yes, they are the same kind of matrix as on the website I linked to above -- attached are two screenshots, do you see what I mean? (They are not the same object -- the fireplace shows an un-rotated slot, the s4pe screenshot is of a dining table which has some deco slots that are rotated around the Z axis (Z-up))

I don't remember which way around the axis-es are on that maths website -- you should check whether that's Y-up or Z-up.
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 12:16 AM
I see that. Okay, let me see if I can beat these slots into some slanted submission.