Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 1:29 AM Last edited by Zhumi : 10th Dec 2018 at 1:50 AM.
Default Getting "items removed" message every time I load a lot
So, I downloaded a custom save file and assumed that all the items used from the packs I didn't have would be replaced. But, I get the "items removed" message every time I enter a lot. For example, I'm currently playing with one household. When I first moved them into a lot, I got the message that 20 build mode items were replaced, and I was cool with that. But I still get that message every. single. time. I start up with that household, or any lot within the game. Will the game just keep substituting the items until I get the packs? I'm not sure how things work in the Sims 4, because in the Sims 3 content would just be automatically replaced and that would be the end of it. I'm not sure if this is a bug/glitch or if I'm just not understanding the game mechanics.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 5:07 PM
Okay, so...

Origin has a sale on games and I went ahead and took advantage of it (I bought three new packs for under the normal cost of one, haaaa). When I opened my game again, it said that 12 build mode items were replaced. I'm assuming 8 other items were within one of the packs I bought. So, this wasn't a bug/glitch, and I just didn't understand how the game worked.

But I still have some questions if anyone wants to help.

Does this mean that, once I get more packs, the original build of the houses will be all there? For example, for one of the clubs, I don't have the same pillars the original creator used, so instead rabbits statues are just placed around the club. If I get... whatever pack the pillars came from, would the rabbits then be replaced? Like, do I have to just leave everything alone? And if I never plan on getting one of the packs, how do I just... permanently have things be replaced? Like, if I rebuild the interior of a lot (or, in this case, delete the rabbits and replace them myself), would things change once I get another pack?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 5:54 PM
If YOU replace items with items in-game, those items will not change - especially if you save the file/lot.

If you do NOT replace them in-game and purchase packs that those items came from, the identifiers should be there - just don't save the file after the items have been replaced by the game.

Does that make sense? When you play, the game will either replace the items with in-game items or the sim or lot will show up unfinished. If you save them that way, they will need to be updated by you.
If they are not updated and saved by you, then the game will generate the intended items when you purchase and install the packs the items were originally from.

it is nice when origin does sales.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
If YOU replace items with items in-game, those items will not change - especially if you save the file/lot.

If you do NOT replace them in-game and purchase packs that those items came from, the identifiers should be there - just don't save the file after the items have been replaced by the game.

Does that make sense? When you play, the game will either replace the items with in-game items or the sim or lot will show up unfinished. If you save them that way, they will need to be updated by you.
If they are not updated and saved by you, then the game will generate the intended items when you purchase and install the packs the items were originally from.

it is nice when origin does sales.

Thank you! This answered all my questions.