Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Question Regarding a Folder Within The Game
Hi all
I have noticed a folder in the Sims 3 called Featured Items. In this folder is a heap of Thumb shots
Does anyone know if it would have an effect on the game if the thumb shots were deleted from the folder,
Thankyou
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:25 AM
No point deleting them as the game will just recreate them, think it's part of the "online features", but even if you never log in to your account through the game you still get them.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:19 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 3:46 AM Last edited by tomboy : 7th Oct 2018 at 9:56 PM. Reason: Adding Comment
Thankyou both for your replies
Batsheba thankyou for the link

Well it was an interesting experiment. The thumb shots stoped coming into the folder, but in the buy mode I had blank little windows with the money sign.
So nothing was really gained. Since re-enabling the write option I now have the thumb shots back in the game

My reason for doing all of this was to see if it made any difference to the loading of the game. The answer is - no it did not.
Alchemist
#5 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 1:58 PM Last edited by sweetdevil : 15th Oct 2018 at 3:08 PM.
Do you have Shop Mode enabled under General Settings (third tab in Options)? That's the only thing I can think of that could be causing the empty thumbnails, after you set the FeaturedItems folder to read-only. There really is no reason to have Shop Mode enabled if you don't plan on buying things, the items take up space in the catalogue and on your HDD.

If you're on Windows 10 you can block TSRW.exe and Sims3LauncherW.exe from the internet entirely via Windows Firewall. It cut down on the loading time of the Launcher by not loading all the annoying ads (I installed a lot of counters lately and it made a significant difference in terms of loading times).

Edit: changed "Sims3Launcher" to "Sims3LauncherW", they're different files.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 2:12 PM
That's a good one, wouldn't mind shaving a few seconds off the initial loading process.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )