Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I've made it! None of my existing Sims would volunteer to play-test it, so I had to make a new one in CAS. He's doing it now. He's spotted a few minor problems, but by and large it works, So I reckon I am on target to have it all ready for Christmas week.

I see my In-Box is full again, so I'll have to clear out a few more old "You have a new mention[s]".

I wish the mentions were a seperate system entirely from the PMs. I'm always forgetting to clear those out.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 4:46 AM
Is that when people tag you in a post?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 10:16 AM
Yeah. It sends a PM telling you about it. It's useful, but I wish it didn't clutter up the PM box.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#29 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 10:18 AM
It annoys me, because people presume that you won't keep reading a post that you were following. Sometimes I've read the post again before I even see the tag.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 1:23 PM
My memory's crud, so sometimes I forget about posting in a thread, especially if it's tucked away in the help or WCIF sub-forum.

Alchemist
#31 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 3:45 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 21st Dec 2018 at 5:28 PM.
I hope it's ok to share the screenshot here. I'm pleased with it as it's a shot taken in one of the homes Lylesnake built. PM has a personal note and link to the file. I need to send it a tad early as I'm flying out and won't be able to later. I enjoyed working on this, just hope @Lylesnake enjoys it! Happy Holidays!

Mad Poster
#32 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Mine is pretty much finished. I want to make a nice screenshot and just see if I have any new ideas for details, but I think it's about ready to go.
Thanks for the generous offer, but I think play-testing is complete. It seemed to go ok, so I think the gift is just about ready to send. I'll wait till at least the 23rd though.

As for "You have a new mentions", they don't annoy me until my mail box is nearly full. And then I blame myself for not deleting them sooner. They can be useful if someone tags me in a thread I'm not actively following. On the other hand, they're really not needed if I've only just posted in the thread -- in that case I'll be looking out for replies. But, if you're replying to a post of mine several days after I posted it, then a tag can again be helpful.

I don't like to complain about tags though, even if they are filling up my mailbox. Because they're a sign that somebody has been thinking of me, and I appreciate that.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 11:07 AM
I sent my gifts to my secret santee, a little early as I will be unavailable for the next few days.

I hope they like it, and maybe they will share it here with you all!

Happy Holidays fellow simmers!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Thanks for the generous offer, but I think play-testing is complete. It seemed to go ok, so I think the gift is just about ready to send. I'll wait till at least the 23rd though.

As for "You have a new mentions", they don't annoy me until my mail box is nearly full. And then I blame myself for not deleting them sooner. They can be useful if someone tags me in a thread I'm not actively following. On the other hand, they're really not needed if I've only just posted in the thread -- in that case I'll be looking out for replies. But, if you're replying to a post of mine several days after I posted it, then a tag can again be helpful.

I don't like to complain about tags though, even if they are filling up my mailbox. Because they're a sign that somebody has been thinking of me, and I appreciate that.

I delete mention PMs as soon as I've checked the thread. That way they can't get clogged up.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 8:44 PM
After various frustrations, I do seem to have completed my gift before Christmas! Maybe I shouldn't have done something I wasn't familiar with on a deadline, but I did learn a lot of useful stuff in the process. There are some things about this that are still somewhat mystifying, but I think it's basically fine.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 1:59 AM
Is that what your questions in the random question thread were about?

I've got my gift sent off. I hope my recipient likes it.

Mad Poster
#37 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 2:51 AM
Pretty much, yeah. Christ Hatch helped me out with some other questions in PMs.
Alchemist
#38 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
After various frustrations, I do seem to have completed my gift before Christmas! Maybe I shouldn't have done something I wasn't familiar with on a deadline, but I did learn a lot of useful stuff in the process. There are some things about this that are still somewhat mystifying, but I think it's basically fine.

Absolutely love the idea you described in pm! Gosh darn family Christmas gettin in the way of me playing Sims! Can wait to try it out! Thank you so much for your work and thoughtfulness! Will let you know how it plays.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Pretty much, yeah. Christ Hatch helped me out with some other questions in PMs.

He must have really helped you out to get that name. XD

I still need to finish mine (and yes I am aware that it's already Christmas).
Mad Poster
#40 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 6:45 AM
Ahaha, I'm not even going to fix it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 9:32 PM
Well, the player is the Watcher. So that makes the modders...er, I'm not sure exactly.

Mad Poster
#42 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 12:21 AM
Well, then the modders are the Grower, right? Unless you aren't referencing the Myst universe.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 12:37 AM
Never played the Sims Medieval, then? There's a whole thing about the player being a deity called the Watcher. There's churches and everything. The Sims Medieval kind of sucks, but I found that kind of cool.

Mad Poster
#44 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 2:33 AM
Ahh. I played TSM for like thirty minutes, and determined that it didn't really interest me, and never picked it up again.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 4:51 PM
I play it once in a while for a lark. But it's not really a Sims game. There's no build mode at all (though you can buy furniture), you can't control your Sims' families if they get married, and the quest system is...well, it's just not the Sims. At least the game is pretty.

Field Researcher
#46 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 7:06 PM
Just sent my present... I know I was a bit late, but you know how holidays are with family stress and whatnot. I'm just hopeful that my recipient likes it ^_^

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#47 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 4:29 PM
Yay! I opened my present, and it's really fun! I will post some pictures on the Gifts thread shortly:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=621607
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 7:16 PM
A bit random (and a bit pointless now), but if anyone has a better idea for a group icon, go ahead and let me know. I just used Google Images to look for creative-commons Santa hats.

Page 2 of 2