Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 4:58 PM Last edited by DeadCruiser : 21st Mar 2018 at 11:50 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Aging mod not working completely anymore
Hi guys,

I hope someone will be able to help me, I'm desperate...
I have the seasonal aging mod installed made by awrevell from MATY that you can find here : http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11789.0.html

This mod changes the aging process but also the duracy of the pregnancies. Sims are pregnant for 12 days, each trimester being 4 days long.
I didn't change anything in my mod folder or in my game and suddenly, the mod stopped working.
The mod was working really fine weeks ago, I don't understand what happened.

The aging part of the mod is still working fine, but the pregnancy in the game are "vanilla", lasting a little more than 3 days. I tried to find something in SimPE but I don't even know how to use it.
I also tried to delete the mod from my folder, downloaded it again and put it back but still, it wasn't working. Only the aging part was working.

I saw that awrevell is not active anymore apparently so maybe someone here who already had this kind of problems or someone who knows how to do things with SimPE can help me ?

Thank you

Edit : ORIGIN, back at it again with messing up your game...
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:01 PM
Did you add anything to your game recently that might conflict?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:37 PM
Hi maxon,

No, I didn't add anything to my game at all
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:14 PM
DeadCruiser, I use a different aging mod by Almighty Hat that uses the vanilla pregnancy to work out the age durations, but for a long time I was using Inge's Age Duration and Pregnancy Duration mod, both of which are easily customizable. Hence I know what to look for in SimPE, as I tweaked them to suit me.

Anyway, I just downloaded your preference and had a look at the relevant BCON - the numbers look fine to me, but I've not thrown it into my game to test it. I'd suggest backing up your hood, then removing everything except that mod. If you're still getting vanilla pregnancy length, your mod's gone funny. If all is well, then you've got something conflicting. CC that's been fine for ages can still get corrupted and cause problems.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:26 PM
Hi Selly_2009, thanks for the advices. I will try to do what you told me when I'm back home.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 11:05 PM
If the mod had been working and you did nothing to your game then I would say the culprit is outside of your game, such as a window update or your anti-virus.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:57 PM
Hi joandsarah77, Windows apparently did not update since the start of my problem and I don’t have viruses on my computer according to my anti viruses program.
I tried what Selly_2009 told me and the mod is working when my downloads folder is empty.

As I didn’t add anything new before the mod stopped working, I need to find the cc clashing with it, wish me luck ! 😩
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 3:28 PM
I'm glad it's working as expected when it's the only thing in-game; but boo to having to find the conflicting culprit!

The 50/50 method, found here, while tedious (especially if your Downloads folder is large), is very useful for finding things. I had something go wrong in game some time ago and was amazed at how quickly I found the buggy item with it (I have a LOT of stuff in there!).

Best of luck!

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 8:33 PM
Did you try the hack conflicting detection utility? It's what I use before starting the 50/50 method.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeadCruiser
Hi joandsarah77, Windows apparently did not update since the start of my problem and I don’t have viruses on my computer according to my anti viruses program.
I tried what Selly_2009 told me and the mod is working when my downloads folder is empty.

As I didn’t add anything new before the mod stopped working, I need to find the cc clashing with it, wish me luck ! 😩

I didn't say that you had a virus on your computer I said it might be your antivirus program. They have been known to mess with sim files.

If you did nothing to your game then things would not start to suddenly clash. Did you move CC around? That is doing something to your game.

Make sure you have a backup and test in a test hood. Also I would not pull any sim loaded and smarter EP check or any NPC creating mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:43 AM
Hi everyone ! Thank you all for your help, sorry for my late answers.

I know what happened now ! Because I'm playing with the UC, stupid Origin is messing my game every time it's updating.
The last update they came up with renamed and moved some of the folders without any warning, especially folders in the Downloads folder.

Everything is working fine now that I renamed the folders the way it was before. The least I can say is that I HATE ORIGIN. I still don't understand why it's the only mod that was messed up. There were probably other ones but this one was the most glaring one.

Thank you for your advices !
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:49 PM
Glad you got it fixed.

Alchemist
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 12:45 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 23rd Mar 2018 at 1:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DeadCruiser
Hi everyone ! Thank you all for your help, sorry for my late answers.

I know what happened now ! Because I'm playing with the UC, stupid Origin is messing my game every time it's updating.
The last update they came up with renamed and moved some of the folders without any warning, especially folders in the Downloads folder.

Everything is working fine now that I renamed the folders the way it was before. The least I can say is that I HATE ORIGIN. I still don't understand why it's the only mod that was messed up. There were probably other ones but this one was the most glaring one.

Thank you for your advices !

You can disable updates from Origin and put Origin in offline mode, I believe. Sorry, I'm not going to engage Origin to check how, because... well, let sleeping dogs lie. But check it out. I haven't played with Origin in years.

EDIT: @DeadCruiser, I looked it up. It's very easy. If you start playing Sims 2 with a shortcut from the desktop, right-click properties, and change the target to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe" or whatever drive letter/path you use. For UC, downloaded from Origin, that's my path. This will start your game without Origin. I'm not even sure I still have Origin on my laptop where I play Sims all the time.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:57 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:04 PM
Guys, are you telling me I can get rid of that stupid Origin ?!!!
I will surely do what you are telling me, thank youuuu :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:21 PM Last edited by DeadCruiser : 25th Mar 2018 at 1:41 PM.
Hi everyone, my game now doesn’t need Origin anymore to run correctly, that’s great ! Thanks !
But... now I can’t even enter a lot or household anymore without my game crashing....... It's happening in every of my neighborhood, even new ones...
I need to find what’s happening