Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 12:19 AM
Default Looking to change the raindrops(make MORE of them)
Remember the crappy base-game rain objects? They had one advantage over the rain in seasons- you could SEE the rain hitting the ground.

Now, with seasons, it's still there...but it acts as though it's barely sprinkling. Here we've got giant rainstorms complete with gusts of mist, and yet there's about 5 raindrops a second.

I'd LOVE to ask someone who knows what they are doing to find if making more appear is possible, but unfortunately MTS2 seems to have completely abandoned letting people ask for mods(or anything else, for that matter), and there is no forum here or there for it, and I know of nowhere else where I'd find people with the ability to even tell me if it's possible.

So...yeah.

Possible?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 10:21 AM
Are you sure it's nothing to do with graphics card or something? It seems to chuck it down in my game!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 8:02 PM
Could you try ad get a screenshot?

I see barely any drops on the ground. It's pretty unrealistic. I'm sure its notthe card, as I have all options up and the game runs just fine.
#4 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 8:06 PM
are you sure you just havent just had light showers? the amount of rain does vary even within seasons. It might just be that *shrug*
Forum Resident
#5 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 9:02 PM
I think the rain in seasons and the rain in the base game are completely different. I think its probably not possible to make the seasons rain like the basic rain that was abandoned in the base game. It 'could' be possible however for an advanced modder to replace seasons rain with the original but then it might fall through roofs and everything. It probably wouldn't happen. Sorry.
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwiftSign
are you sure you just havent just had light showers? the amount of rain does vary even within seasons. It might just be that *shrug*

Are we talking about the same thing? Yes, the rain varies, and I'm talking heavy thunderstorms here.

Also the actualy splashes of drops on the ground, not the ones falling in the air.
#7 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 2:47 AM
I find it kind of funny how in my game I can see rain in puddles but not in the pool. It looks kind of funny, but Im not suprised it happens I have a really bad graphics card.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 4:21 AM
Hmm, I've noticed that too. It's annoying when you're trying to take a picture to show off the lovely rain storm, but all you see is some rain slashes and a few puddles on the ground. I keep trying to pause when there is one, but it looks so small and insignificant there's not point.

Any way, I just wanted to point out - I have a new computer with good graphics, and I don't see any more than you do.

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 4:23 AM
This reminds me of the game Fable.

I have te PC version, and when it is raining(only ina few places does it rain), the drops appear only within a 4 foot area radius of you! It looks so terrible, and I never figured out how to fix it. D:
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 9:14 AM
Maybe you don't have an 'up to snuff' computer or graphics card, and it cannot handle the heavy rain.

On my bad computer, which I am using now, I saw only 3 or 4 rain drops at a time, and on my better computer, I saw so much.

-SimKid
#11 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 8:14 PM
I have good graphic card, and everything, and when it's raining, there is allot of rain falling down, and making splashes and such, but yes, just a few puddles left after the rain
Banned
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 8:24 PM
I think I need a picture of what I'm talking about, because nobody but Spaceman seems to get it. >_>

These:
http://www.paulscharffphotography.com/Raindrop.JPG

Not These:

http://davis.wpi.edu/dsrg/raindrop/images/raindrop3.jpg

Or these:

http://www.mylife2live.com/mt/puddle1.jpg
#13 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 9:23 PM
Oh, Claeric, I completely understand. I want the same thing. More raindrops on the ground/pool/pond areas. More raindrops... everywhere. I hope a talented simmer can come up with something.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 4:01 PM
Well, they are very difficult to describe. Would you say... rain splashes?

Anyway, I was looking around the game, and I realized that though it's really hard to see them one the grass, there were more on the street, and bigger at that. Not as big as I'd like them, but better than they looked on the grass. Perhaps if you want to see them best, you have to have a floor underneath them?

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Remember the crappy base-game rain objects? They had one advantage over the rain in seasons- you could SEE the rain hitting the ground.

Sorry to go off topic, but I was wondering what rain objects you're talking about?
Banned
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:09 AM
There were objects hidden in the base game that made Rain, Heavy Rain, and Thunderstorms.

They were the remnants of trying to actually include rain in the base game, but it rained indoors. They had TONS of raindrops, as well as random power outages that worked kind of like a party scenario(Which I wonder why this wasn't included in seasons?)