Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 12:07 PM
Default Bump in The Night
Backstory: For as long as I can remember, my family has been hunting vampires. Generation after generation of well-constructed gainsay of cohabitation with plasma-thirsty Sims. I've have learned the ins-and-outs of their kind, what abilities they can have, how they choose who to feed on, everything. I've also learned how to fight them, how to slay the creatures who've terrorized human Sims since their inception many, many years ago.

Now, I and the few hunters I stand by and call my family fight daily against the vampires. Each of us hunt them down as often as possible and slay any that meet our hands. We are all that stands between Sims and vampires and we'll whatever it takes to protect them.

Some say they fear the monsters that go bump in the night. But now, the monsters have something to fear.

Goal: The general idea here is that our family must slay as many vampires as possible to protect the Sim race. But, there are a few things that must be done first. SAying that, the goal is to slay a minimum of 10 vampires per Sim in a household of 4 or more in a time period of 1 Sim year.

Setup: We must prepare ourselves before joining the fight against our enemies. Here a few things to get us started.

Create-a-Sim-
  1. Create a family of 4 or more Sims. This can be any type of Sim except a vampire, kinda against the point here. If you choose to have children that are ages child or lower, know they still have obligations to the family.
  2. Traits must be randomized and can be changed up to three times if they are undesirable. No specific trait can be changed after the three times are used up.
  3. Aspirations aren't necessarily relevant to the challenge, but for an added challenge to the challenge, you could have them have to complete a number of them before their lifetime is up.

Build/Buy-
  1. Garlic. Loads of it. There must be garlic braids, wreaths, garlands, and bulbs everywhere in the household in case a vampire breaks so they are unable to feed on anyone.
  2. There must be a way to advance the following skills:
    • Vampire Lore
    • Fitness OR Wellness
    • Logic
    • Gardening
    • Charisma
    • Mishchief
    • Handiness
    • Herbalism
  3. You may also want to 'build the part'. You can build a compound of sorts for your Sims to live in during the course of the challenge to make it seem more realistic.

Gameplay: When you get the chance to attack, I want you to think about these things, they're important.
  1. Hunters cannot go hunting until they reach level 5 of the Vampire Lore skill when they learn to make garlic braids, wreaths, and garlands. They must also have a fitness AND/OR wellness level of 3 or higher. Hunters must be fit and knowledgeable before going out to fight their enemies. Sims who have a level 3 or higher of all the necessary skills can hunt as often as desired while a Sim with level 3 in only 2 or 3 skills can only go out a total of three days out of the week until they have the proper skill levels.
  2. Hunters must hunt for vampires as often as possible. In order to adequately protect one's self during hunter activities, a Sim must bring at least 5 Ultimate Vampire drinks with them as a total for their group, and a generous amount of garlic in their inventory. They should actively search for vampires with groups of 3 or less. The only hunting ground for vampires is, of course, Forgotten Hollow.
  3. It is the responsibility of hunters to protect human Sims. To accomplish this task, they must first protect themselves. At any given time, whether traveling to a venue or going for a jog, hunters must have at least 3 Ultimate Vampire Cure drinks on them (you can just drag the drinks from inventory to inventory instead of making a ton of them) and a few bulbs of garlic in their inventory. Should they ever see a townie being drank from, they must immediately engage the vampire and slay them to save the Sim.
  4. Hunters also have the responsibility to teach new generations about hunting. Any new Sims added to the household, either by birth or from the neighborhood, must follow guidelines for hunting and should be taught by the most skilled hunters.
  5. Hunters are expected to have the big names in Forgotten Hollow along with the remaining number of vampires by the end of the 1st year or after 4 Sim weeks.

Rules: This list is something a hunter must strictly follow while slaying vampires and going on with the family life of a hunter. Each rule should be taken seriously because the consequence could hurt the family or themselves.
  1. Relationships between hunters and vampires is expressly forbidden. Any children with vampires is expressly forbidden. Should a half-breed be born, they must be hidden from the vampires who may wish to harm it. The choice of whether to move the parent to a safe house or keep them with the family for protection is up to you.
  2. All human children born must learn each toddler skill and must reach at least level 3 on all of them. Child Sims must master each of the child-only skills before aging up.
  3. Sims who are aged teen or higher must learn all the necessary skills to become a hunter. They must reach the limits of the Vampire Lore and Fitness/Wellness skills before actively hunting.
  4. When adding Sims to the household, the townie must have a trait that will aid in the advancement o the necessary skills such as Genius, Active, or Perfectionist. Any Sims with negative or unusable traits are not valuable to the family and shouldn't be added to the household.
  5. Hunters are not permitted to have normal, everyday occupations. I mean, they slay vampires on a daily, come on. So, for a means of money gathering, they can do some flower arranging, steal items for public places and sell them or use them in the home, garden and sell the produce, or paint and write.

Ending: After we've fought for so long, things have finally reached a cool-down period. We can take a breather and think about the future. This challenge can end in three different ways:
  1. After slaying a large number of vampires, a leader in the group loses his daughter to a plasma-thirsty Sim, who may have also had revenge on their mind. This leads to the creation of the Vampire Academy.
  2. Sims can continue slaying vampires and teaching skills to the next generation. The next generation will then take over and the challenge restarts.
  3. A Sim has a second thought about vampires after spending their lifetime slaying them and wants to see the other side of life, or rather, death. Choose a Sim in your household to change into a vampire and turn against the hunters.

After choosing, you can advance in your own way. Perhaps you wish to change a few things around in the challenge to suit the next generation and make it more modern, or you could do the Vampire Academy challenge as a stand-alone. Whichever you wish to do is entirely up to you.

This challenge has been by far the hardest even though it was one of my shorter ones, simpler ones. I had to rewrite it twice before it made any sense and this is the end result. I do hope you guys enjoy it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 11:35 PM
This sounds like an interesting challenge. I have one question though. How do you slay the vampires?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frozengirl1234
This sounds like an interesting challenge. I have one question though. How do you slay the vampires?

Use the Ultimate Vampire Cure drink from the bar after collecting all the necessary ingredients. Fight with a vampire until you get the slay vampire interaction in the mean section and you will be able to cure them of their vampirism (you must have the drink in your inventory).
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kindredmaje
Use the Ultimate Vampire Cure drink from the bar after collecting all the necessary ingredients. Fight with a vampire until you get the slay vampire interaction in the mean section and you will be able to cure them of their vampirism (you must have the drink in your inventory).

oh ok, thanks. Sorry, I haven't messed with that stuff very much.