Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#526 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 3:37 PM
I always use angelcity i dunno why but i love it
Advertisement
Test Subject
#527 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 3:44 PM
My names are totally lame... I'm Italian so my old neighbourhoods had Italian names like... Francavilla al Mare.
My current favourite neighbourhood now is named Clay View. It sucks I know, but I really can't think of anything else.
Test Subject
#528 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 8:59 PM
Default Weirdville
I have one which I play a lot, mainly with strange custom skinned and/or quirky Sims. After all, I've got the child of the Grim Reaper, many living dolls, a woman obsessed with fostering children and my selfsim. It's called Weirdville!
Scholar
#529 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 12:51 AM
My neighborhood that I use for Asylum challenges is called Raven Gate.
Test Subject
#530 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 10:09 PM
I mostly use the original names, very creative I know :P. I do have a neighbourhood named "New York (F.r.i.e.n.d.s)" where I have made the replicas of the apartments in that show and where I intend to move in the Friends characters as sims.
Test Subject
#531 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 12:17 PM
Meadowbrook, currently.
Landsdowne
Riverview Heights
Cherry Hill Heights
Brattendon
Colleyville
Shannondoah Township (Made up on spur of moment, feel free to use.)
Harinsville (ditto)
Dollers Town (ditto)
Paragould (Real place name, it's in NE Arkansas.)
Field Researcher
#532 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 8:10 PM
5 years ago it was something like Olivland (taken after my name obviously ) and Trilania.
Since February '09 I've been playing in my custom 'hood named Nieznanowo (in English it might be translated as "Unknowntown") - I had no idea how to name my new 'hood and I thought I'd change it later. "Later" never happened
Nienanowo has it's own vacation subhood - it's called Wyspa królowej Melanii (Queen Melanie's Island). I was also going to "furnish" my own uni subhood, but I didn't manage to finish and now I have to delete it. It's name is Mądralkowo (sopmething like "Wittyland" )
Lab Assistant
#533 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 3:37 AM
I name my neighborhoods based on their gaming purposes.

For example, I used to have a neighborhood specifically for a mafia challenge, so I named it New York. I know, very original, right? XD

For the TOT challenge, I currently have an island neighborhood called the Isle of Tartar. Right now, all of my sims are in the Neanderthal period.

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
Instructor
#534 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 8:01 AM
Morbiton Valley, in the desert north of Strangetown, and the downtown area is called Greeb City.
Test Subject
#535 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 4:48 PM
My neighborhood is called "Kvarteret Kattrumpan". It's swedish for "The Neighborhood Kittybottom". There actually is a neighborhood near downtown Stockholm called Kattrumpan, though nobody says that. xD I thought it was funny, so I called my new neighborhood that. Almost all communitylots are called something that puns on cats or buttoms. :D
Test Subject
#536 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 8:51 PM
Mine is named Bluewater Cove and Crystal Springs.
Field Researcher
#537 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 8:33 PM
My current custom hood is called Patience Island, I'm not sure where that came from and it's not really an island, but oh well. The one before that was called Mein Ville (My Town) in German, to distinguish it from all the endless hoods my brothers kept making and deleting, because they can never stick at one for more than a few weeks. I like the name of their current hood though: Kinivah Bay, which is an combination of two of my nicknames for them (Oliver --> Ollie --> Ollie Kins --> Kins --> Kinny --> Kinivah and Jacob --> Jake --> Jay --> Jay Bay --> Bay, in case you wanted to know).
Test Subject
#538 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 5:49 PM
I have this town I made and it comes with Pleasantview.
It is called Abordale and is a green silent neibourhood. I called it abordale, because it just was the first thing that popped into my head!
Top Secret Researcher
#539 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 6:19 PM
I usually play the neighborhood of Middleground, home of the Fleurada legacy.

I also have The Hood I Test Stuff In. Which is the hood I test stuff in.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#540 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 6:27 PM
I made a test neighborhood. It's called Beta Beach.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#541 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 9:29 PM
My empire city, for the longest time, was No-Name, as I wanted the name to come about naturally. Later while decorating I jammed a giant stone bridge into the hillside for no reason, and it was christened Stonebridge.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Field Researcher
#542 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 11:02 PM
I have 2 hoods going one for Legacy and the other is just a random town.
Legacy Hood is named: Oakgrove
Random Hood is named: Pinewood Acres
Oakgrove is a very laid back country town while Pinewood Acres is a bit more modern in feel.
Mad Poster
#543 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 8:57 AM
I have one custom hood named 'Calopsita' because I love cockatiels, and 'calopsita' is Portuguese for 'cockatiel'. It has a subhood named 'Goffin' which is a species of cockatoo. Also, I have a custom hood I'm working on, sort of building from the ground up, named 'Heresville' after the default city name from Sim City Classic. It doesn't have a Downtown yet, though I will be making a connection to the default Downtown so I can have the House of the Fallen Trees and get the Tricou bastards to resurrect their dead daddy. I will add it pretty soon, once there are enough businesses that would warrant that kind of connection. Also, once I have that many businesses, I will add the default vacation spots, since in the game, commerce does require an airport. Of course, it will function a little differently from the original Sim City type cities because it doesn't really have any 'industrial zone' function, and the business lots are sort of industry/commerce hybrids. I might plunk down a few industry-type decorations though, and of course some power plants if I can find them. Might also move out one of the servos and have her adopt some of the townie kids, just so they can grow up properly and get their aspirations rolled. I might even have them use the Sensorb once they get into the green and give them a chance to reroll their aspirations or get grilled, because I want some Grilled Cheese teens, dangit!
Test Subject
#544 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 1:13 PM
I called my hood "Eden Road".
Field Researcher
#545 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 5:13 PM
I always name my hoods after the SC4 Templates I use for their landscaping.

If I download a hood I keep its original name.
I'm so creative, I know xD
Mad Poster
#546 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 4:12 AM
I made one custom neighbourhood on my old laptop, before it decided to stuff up. I think it was called Hawkesbury or something like that

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Lab Assistant
#547 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:15 PM
This may not be the place for this but how can you change the name of the Shopping District. I know you can do it when you first use it but I didn't and now I have at least 6 Bluewater Villages and would like to give them different names. Have about 15 hoods but they are all the original name used when I downloaded them.
Site Helper
#548 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 5:06 PM
Same as changing primary neighborhoods. Just go to the subhood selection screen and type in the new name.
Banned
#549 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Same as changing primary neighborhoods. Just go to the subhood selection screen and type in the new name.

Just tested this - it doesn't work from the main (startup) screen for subhoods, but does from the neighborhood view (where subhoods are in the upper-left.) You can change the name of the main neighborhood from the main screen though.
Field Researcher
#550 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 8:13 PM
I made a tropical island neighborhood that was originally named Simaica (Sim + Jamaica, in case you didn't immediately see that). I changed it to Simaicos soon after.
Page 22 of 24