Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#16051 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 2:37 PM
New chapter!

Chapter 2.6 - Drama Llama

This is the closest I've been to having drama in the family, and it's a biggie.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#16052 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 10:40 AM
Chapters 1.6 and 1.7 released yesterday for the Webb family, forgot to link.

1.6: Vampires and Parties

1.7 Time Travel and Age
Test Subject
#16053 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 10:44 AM
I've put up 3 more chapters for a total of 7, and I have to say I've never had more fun playing in years. Giving Sims personalities really does the trick to get me to want to play. My 3rd generation is a teenager looking for love right now and I'm having a lot of fun trying to plan for "second chance at love." All my Sims marry the first person that walks by usually, and stays with them til they die. It'll be interesting to have a Sims get divorced.
Field Researcher
#16054 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 2:49 AM
Lab Assistant
#16055 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 2:40 PM
What, back so soon?

Yep, I have the final chapter of Generation Two of the Nicholson Legacy: Chapter 2.7 - Wrapping Things Up

Onto Generation Three!
Test Subject
#16056 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 11:50 AM
I'm nearly up to date now with my current game state!

1.8: Retirement and Witches
1.9: Robert and Dawn Webb
1.10: Era Webb and Moving On

And that's generation 1 100% done.
Test Subject
#16057 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:04 PM
I've posted more chapters and updated the blog theme so the very first chapter is at the top, so no real spoilers for the newest one. I also added a table of contents page to list everything in order, added a generation rolls page to keep up with them, and added a "blogs I'm currently reading" link. I'm pretty happy with the blog itself now, it's much more coherent and easier for mobile users to use. I'm also almost up to where I am in game!
Scholar
#16058 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:13 PM
Hi, I have another update, Chapter 5.5
Test Subject
#16059 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 3:18 PM Last edited by Castaras : 21st Aug 2018 at 7:05 PM.
I forgot to link these two posts, but on the 19th two more chapters went up for the Webb family:

2.1: Robots and More Robots
2.2: Torgny and Pools

Should be 1 more chapter going up in a few hours, will edit into this post when it's up.

edit:

2.3: Grandchildren and General Shenanigans
Lab Assistant
#16060 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 4:28 PM
Hello, I am back with the first chapter of Generation Three :D

Chapter 3.1 - Singing In The Snow
Test Subject
#16061 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:44 AM
I've put up a bunch more shorter chapters. I just had some random fun with it, even if it doesn't make any sense.
Test Subject
#16062 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 9:47 PM
2.4: New Life and Tragedy is up for the Webb Family.

A lot happens. When playing through it, it was quite emotional and I'm kicking myself for forgetting what certain objects have a chance of doing...
Scholar
#16063 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:34 AM
Lab Assistant
#16064 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 9:54 PM Last edited by slashbanghorror : 1st Sep 2018 at 10:14 AM.
Hello!

I have a new chapter: Chapter 3.2 - Burning Love

I think this has been one of my favourite chapters so far, purely because I had a blast writing it.

I have a new chapter, but didn't want to double post, so here it is: Chapter 3.3 - Accidents Happen

All I can say is... Whoops?
Scholar
#16065 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 9:47 AM
Test Subject
#16066 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 8:07 AM
I've written a bunch of chapters since my last post, and I've just had the first of Gen 4 in this one! I've put writing on the back burner to play, but now I'm in gen 5 in game, and they've just aged up to YA, so gen 6 will be on the way soon! I should really catch the blog up to where I am!
Scholar
#16067 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 9:07 AM
Test Subject
#16068 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 6:21 AM
Hello! It's been a hot minute since I last visited here, or participated in the RLC--idk if anyone will even remember me, as I was here only briefly (although I've played the RLC in my own time a lot). My previous legacy family was the Soapberrys (Soapberries?). In-game I got to the birth of gen 7, but I only blogged partway through gen 2. Anyway, I'm currently locked out of their save file due to losing a few of my expansions; I bought them from one of those suspiciously-cheap sellers on eBay, so it was my own fault. At the time, I genuinely thought they were legit, but after a few months EA took them away and the seller got shut down. So until I shell out the money for those expansion packs again, that legacy is on hold.

The whole ordeal kind of set me off of playing Sims for a while, but going back to college always gets me in the mood to play for whatever reason, so here I am.

All that to say, I'm adding my blog to the pile. It's got a grand total of one post so far. Amazing! I'll also be working hard to catch up on everyone elses' legacies, so please be patient as I read! I promise I'll start leaving comments soon.
Lab Assistant
#16069 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 7:58 PM
Hello!

After a bit of break, I have a new chapter! Chapter 3.4 - Reach For The Stars
Lab Assistant
#16070 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 2:43 AM
@Noricel Glad I'm not the only one that has (briefly) jumped ship for WoW. FOR THE HORDE!

However I have an Interlude: Four Seasons: A Ballet

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Field Researcher
#16071 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wagaturtle
Amazing! I'll also be working hard to catch up on everyone elses' legacies, so please be patient as I read! I promise I'll start leaving comments soon.

Great to have you back (and nice to meet you)!

I wonder if you backpatch to 1.67 from 1.69 you can use the games without relying on Origin or whatever (I hate having to be online to play too). Games from the store aren't easy either though, if you lose a computer or whatever you only have so many downloads. Wonder what the Disk packs go for (or did they not continue making them?)

Still it's better than Sims 4 (probably)! But yeah I just had to reinstall all of my mods myself because the folder disappeared during gameplay... that was weird (probably because my save folder got to be too large, not too sure). So I had to spend time over two days to recombine package files vis S3PE etc (I had saved most of my mods out of the game and it still took hours to recomine them. Lesson learned ).

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Scholar
#16072 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 8:30 AM
Lab Assistant
#16073 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 8:00 PM
Test Subject
#16074 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 12:53 AM
Hello everyone, I've been a little absent.

I had a problem with the saves of all my sims games. To organize myself, I have the games in folders with different names, for some strange reason all those folder mixed with each other and some disappeared entirely. Unfortunately this caused all my saves to become unplayable. The only save of this challenge that is playable is one of when Bellandra (first kid) is about to become a teen, which is terrible because I was more advanced in the game than in my blog. Zoe had meet all the requirements and only a couple of days were left for generation two to take over. She had managed to complete all the mixology challenges while reasing four kids with little money! I feel so frustrated.

I have to think what I'm going to do with the blog because now it's ahead of my game. I have two ideas on how to continue with the challenge, one is to replay the lost weeks . The other is to age the heir and move him/her to a new town and continue from there, because technically the first generation is finished, I was only waiting for the heir to become a young adult. I have to think that it is the best thing for the blog, the good thing is that I have enough screenshots to write a few chapters.

I am also tempted to start a new challenge while deciding what to do with this one but I'm trying to resist because I really don't have the time.
Scholar
#16075 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 9:13 AM
Page 643 of 676