Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#76 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reliastion
Hello moderating overlords,

I would like to request a username change fromm my current 'reliastion' to 'emilsteilsson'.

My reason: I used to use 'reliastion' on all my social media sites, but I'm changing it on everything, as I will be applying to uni soon, and the admissions board might look at my social media. However all social media searches for my old, blanket username show up pictures of me from when I was about thirteen. If it was just a cringe emo phase, I'd be able to live with it; unfortunately not only was it my cringe emo phase but also I was still presenting as a girl then (I'm a transboy, and am applying to uni as male). As such I'd really rather not be associated with that username in any way anymore as it shows up so much stuff to do with my deadname! (I mean stuff like calling myself a 'girly girl' on stardoll under that username.) However I do want to preserve my MTS account because it has all my downloads and literally provides for my life. Can I convince you with my 100% record of giving thanks?

My funny (stupid, but true) story: the reason I was called 'reliastion' is because I was a super stubborn kid. I wouldn't admit I spelled 'realisation' wrong while trying to be an Edgy Kid(TM) and so I made the misspelling my username for everything to make it look like it was on purpose. Thus I proceeded to rag on people for spelling my username wrong for nearly a decade... even though it was my misspelling that created it in the first place.

Even if this isn't good enough to warrant the change, thank you anyway for reading my request!!

Yours hopefully,

Emilsteilsson ( )

EDIT 16/01/18:
I am worried that the above is actually not funny, and just true. So I shall also tell you the story of when a nun walked into a ski rental shop.

On a skiing holiday in 2017, me and a couple of friends decided, on the last day, to wear nun costumes for a laugh. Unfortunately on that day I also grossly underestimated what speed I was going at when I made a certain turn, and didn't turn in time. I began to fall of the edge of the run, and somewhere in the kerfuffle, one of my skis fell off, clattering down a Canadian mountain, never to be seen by me again. (I still wonder if they ever found leftie. RIP, man.)

After thirty minutes of hauling, my incredibly patient guide rescued my holiness from my defeated alcove on the edge of the run and LITERALLY SKIIED DOWN A MOUNTAIN CARRYING ME. Because I had one ski. His name was Alastair Kennedy, and he was a kiwi. Check him out on Insta (he deserves it, and he made me agree to namecheck him every time I tell this story).

A nun walked into a ski rental shop.
'I lost one of my skis down the mountain. Can I please have another?'
The guy at the counter clearly tried to think of a punchline, but he failed, and made me fill in some paperwork instead. I got some very, very weird looks.

In a few weeks, I'm going skiing in Italy - we have decided to be Pac-Man and the ghosts, because I don't think the Catholic Italians would be nearly as tolerant of me in a nun costume as the Canadians were! (God bless those canucks).

~fin~

Oops, I forgot to paste this one in the first time I copied it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Site Helper
Original Poster
#77 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellfrozeover
I would like my name changed to Alexandra on here. The previous Alexandra hasn't logged on in several years

Funny story uh....

My dog (one of many) was perched on his throne (read as chair, stolen from the humans) and was smugly sniffing himself when to his utmost horror, he passed foul gasses up his own nose and shocked himself so much that he launched himself about six feet in the air and hid under a table for half an hour until the smell departed his nostrils. He is still in counselling.

I can just imagine that!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#78 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Poisi
Hello, I'd like to request a name change from Poisi to enable_llamas - this is the username I've been using for sims-related stuff and the old one was registered a million years ago after an old email addres.

Funny story:

Before surgery:
"Doctor, are you really gonna let a medical student operate on me?"
"Yes, we are."
"But what if he does something wrong?"
"We'll fail him..."

Thanks!

That is about as reassuring as hearing the doctor say "oops" while delivering your baby.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#79 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rakarock91
Hello,

I want to change my username from the current one to everydaysimulation or everydsimulation (if the first is not available). The reason is I want this account to match up with accounts I have elsewhere as I will be uploading mods.

How about a joke and a riddle?

I googled "Rorshach test."
But all that came up were pictures of my parents fighting.

What has a heart but no other organs?

Thank you in advance.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#80 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BroadwaySim
Hello,

I would love to change my Current Username to MeliDee Simmer

I realized that my icon for BroadwaySim would be BS so I fixed it!

I don't have a funny story, so I present a joke.

"Ask me what my profession is, and then ask me what my biggest problem is."
---"What is your profession?"
"Comedian"
---"What's your biggest -"
"Timing"

Discovering that you were going to be called "BS" sounds like a pretty good reason to change. Good luck.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#81 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 3:43 AM
Quote:
Hi.

Please change my username to ChronoJohn.

In the past year, I've felt increasingly concerned about my personal privacy, and therefore no longer wish to be known by my current username on here or any of the other websites where I've used it in the past due to it bearing at least some resemblance to my actual name. “ChronoJohn”, on the other hand, is just a reference to something in an old MS-DOS game.

As per the requirement for a joke or funny story when making these requests, I've included an old favourite of mine below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little boy goes to his father one evening and asks him "What is politics?"

"Well, son,” says the father, “let me try to explain it this way: I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me "capitalism." Your mother, she manages the household, so we'll call her "the government." We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you "the people." The nanny, we'll call her "the working class." And your baby brother, we'll call him "the future." Now, have a think about that and see if it makes any sense to you."

The little boy goes off to bed thinking about all this. Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby, being a baby, has soiled himself. The little boy goes to his parents' room to inform his mother of this, but finds her fast asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he heads on down the hallway to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he looks through the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. Somewhat disturbed by this, he then gives up and goes back to bed.

The next morning, the little boy returns to his father.

"Dad, I think I understand politics now." he says.

"Good, son.” says the father. “Now tell me, in your own words, what you think politics is all about."

"Well," says the little boy, "while capitalism is screwing the working class, the government is asleep, the people are being ignored, and the future is in deep shit."

Former name deleted from quote for privacy.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#82 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Hi, I'm feeling extra spontaneous tonight.

I feel like DJ. has been a major part in my simming life. It's the username I went by while having downloaded hundreds of MB of CC over the past few years. It's also the username that I've had while putting up my first approved download on MTS.

And it all started out on 17th April 2009. Got the name from a protagonist of Monster House because it was playing in the background on DVD while I was just discovering TS2 CC for the first time.

But enough of the sentiment and memories. Enough of the capital letters and the pesky dot as well. You better watch out; I came prepared. Instead of writing a witty joke on the spot, I'll link you to a short one that's already reached a bit of audience, so that the button numbers distract you from how bad the punchline actually is. The joke is here, and the username of the poster should be topp from now on.

(If the joke made you laugh... then DJ.'s final words.)
I'll explain the username in, like, 3,422 days. Sims 2 better still be a hot forum by then!

I can't wait.

Page 4 of 4