Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#3626 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 3:12 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 19th Sep 2018 at 5:19 PM.
I took a break in February but I just couldn't keep away!

Karen Davis just returned from college and got a big surprise ! While on one of her many dates (She has a complete 50 1st dates LTW) she managed to get pregnant and didn't make the roll for an abortion. No biggie though, she has a decent amount in savings, she did well in school and wants to pursue a career in Nature Science but just hasn't found an opening yet. She's also inherited her parent's home so she's pretty set as far finances go. The only thing is....he's OLD. LOL. I didn't think he'd be able to knock her up for whatever reason but he did lol!

Her younger brother Caleb had just left for college so she invited her parents over for the birth so she wouldn't be alone, but I miscalculated the time and they left early anyway. (How rude!) She had a baby girl that she named Vanessa. As far as Adam goes (the baby's father) he can either be involved or not, whatever he decides is fine with Karen she can completely take care of her on her own. She just doesn't want someone who's not going to really be there for the baby, so it'll be up to him.

Adam Williams is actually big family guy, he actually started his family right after college as well. Now that I think about it, Adam also married someone much older than he did Unfortunately for he and his late wife, three out of their four children joined the local alien cult when they went to college and have had very little contact with them after that. He currently lives with his daughter, her husband and son.

*Damn it, it I just looked at the family tree and Adam is technically her great aunt's husband* At least she's dead?
---------------------------------------------------

Noah Robinson just had his little alien spawn with him this rotation. Noah has five kids total, two from a long term relationship that didn't work out, then he got abducted, and he also knocked up two other women lol. He lives in a two bedroom apartment and shares custody with his first baby mama. He hasn't met his last two children, I don't think anyway lol. But he's most likely not going to get any custody with either of them.

He is however thinking of making things official with Aurora (his third baby mama) since they've been seeing each other for a while now. She's head over heels with him of course and is dying to marry him. It would work out better for him purely because of the bigger house But he hasn't shown very many wants towards her so I'm not sold on them just yet. Then again I haven't taken him out by himself, maybe his mom can babysit the boys soon lol. But considering he's technically cheated on Aurora maybe he's just not ready to settle down yet.

The session ended with a small little birthday party for little Aiden (the alien spawn). Noah has the boys again, their mother will finally be moving out of her sister's home and into her own place for her and the boys.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#3627 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 11:23 PM
I played last night and the house my sims are in...it was downloaded and something about it, don't know what, as all the roof is covered, makes it so the upper rooms are not weather proof so in the winter it's constantly cold and the sims' temperature dips into blue, so I stuck a fire place in the parents' room so they can wake up in the middle of the night to warm themselves if needed. This actually prompted me to suggest a mod for upping the temp if sims are sleeping together because...body heat. Anyway, their son who also sleeps in a cold room but has no one to snuggle with did go out on a date, it was 'Lover's Day' according to the calendar and he had a great date with a sassy red head. Maybe replaying the memories of making out with the most popular teen girl in the hood that manifested into his dreams kept him warm through the night.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#3628 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I played last night and the house my sims are in...it was downloaded and something about it, don't know what, as all the roof is covered, makes it so the upper rooms are not weather proof so in the winter it's constantly cold and the sims' temperature dips into blue, so I stuck a fire place in the parents' room so they can wake up in the middle of the night to warm themselves if needed. This actually prompted me to suggest a mod for upping the temp if sims are sleeping together because...body heat. Anyway, their son who also sleeps in a cold room but has no one to snuggle with did go out on a date, it was 'Lover's Day' according to the calendar and he had a great date with a sassy red head. Maybe replaying the memories of making out with the most popular teen girl in the hood that manifested into his dreams kept him warm through the night.

@Charmful Mootilda made a mod that you may like: Constant Temperature for All Sims, me I use the related one: Constrained Sim Temperature. Check them out you may like one of them. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=452260

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
#3629 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 1:22 PM
Yesterday, I uninstalled Inteenimator, so I could install Squinge's Lecture mod and kestrellyn's extended family mod. So far, taking out Inteenimator isn't causing any issues (knocks on wood).

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#3630 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 6:07 PM
I really need to watch my Sims a little more closely! Gvaudoin Tricou just kissed, fell in love with and then had her first woohoo with Friar Capp at some point while I was out of the room. Friar's older brother, Oxford, is engaged to Gvaudoin. What's worse is this isn't even the first time I've had to use Sim blender to fix Gvaudoin's shinnanigans, while in university she fell in love with Philip Capp - Oxford's older brother.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#3631 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 12:44 AM
I was doing a photo shoot of some clothes I recolored and suddenly I said where is the third model?

I went outside of the "house" and saw the Grim Reaper standing next to a satellite.

I've NEVER had anyone die of a satellite falling on them EVER in all the years I've played this game and darn, it has to happen in the middle of taking PHOTOS!

I was 1) annoyed the model was "dead" and 2) Angry I missed it. Had to make a new person to stick into the photo shoot.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#3632 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 1:51 AM
It's about 2 days away from the BIG DAY in Tinsel Town: where an awful lot of teens are going to be college bound. There is a brand new Uni built just for them, and they're all excited about going. There is a little anxiety among various parents about tuition, but they're fairly certain that even if they do not have the full amount in their bank accounts, they can get a low-cost loan for the purpose.

The official list of the incoming Freshman class at UCLA Hollywood :

Male Dorm
Dave Walton
Stephen Swanson
Sheldon Lloyd
Jason, Kenny and Clay Powers
Female Dorm
Angie and Shelley Swanson
April and Christie Lloyd

Of the remaining teens left in Tinsel Town, Rosemary Bishop will be heart-broken when most of her paramours move away. She wants to grow up so badly so she can continue to have fun with the boys-but she has extracted a promise from her parents that she will be allowed to rent her own place instead of a dorm room. She claims that it will improve her grades, when in all reality, she will have more privacy in her love affairs. Either way, her parents are very willing to allow her the freedom to do as she wishes. The princess must never be ignored!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#3633 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 2:50 AM
Roxie Sharpe and Jonah Powers have got through their first semester as parents, though it's costing them a fortune in nanny fees. Since the baby rather cramps their style, one of them tends to call the nanny as soon as the other leaves for class in the morning, and then she stays the full eight hours. Roxie mostly changes and feeds Jack in the morning, but she's a bit of an out-of-sight-out-of-mind sort, so unless he's crying when she walks through his room on the way to the bathroom, she doesn't really pay him much attention. Yesterday she only fed him in the morning, even though he'd been crying in his dirty diaper for hours, and then the nanny, in all the hours she was there, also didn't bother to change his diaper. The poor little mite was in the same dirty diaper for nearly 24 hours and must have been so sore! Finally, Jonah interacted with his son for the first time and took care of things. Meanwhile, the nanny was yelling at Roxie, poking her and shoving her around . . . but not bothering with the childcare duties she was hired to do!

So Roxie now hates the nanny and wants to see her dead, which could be a problem because Jonah has decided to drop out of college altogether. It took him two attempts to pass his sophomore year, and when he tried changing his major to one he thought would be better suited to his LTW, he found he was even further away from meeting the skills requirements for the next semester than he had been majoring in philosophy, so he really doesn't see any point in continuing when he could be out earning money. He doesn't want to take the baby because he'll be at work all day, then working on building a house in the evening since they can't afford any that are currently vacant. Roxie is now wishing she hadn't been in such a hurry to get Edwin out; she could have done with a built-in babysitter.

The nanny isn't Roxie's only problem. She was also looking through the telescope during the day and had Julien Cooke come to scold her. Instead of apologizing, she shoved him back and later went round to his house to steal his newspaper, then just kept going back and hanging around outside, which set his two dogs barking and getting themselves in a tizz. So Julien complained to the king, and Roxie was fined $1500, of which she had to pay $500 to Julien and the rest to the royal treasury. Julien now has an injunction against her, so if she appears on his lot again it's going to cost her, and if she's not careful she could end up in jail.

Time to grow up, Miss Roxie! You're a mother now and need to start acting like one!
Lab Assistant
#3634 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:22 AM
Well, I've finally decided to build/set up a megahood. Or whatever Mootilda's collection of shopping districts and downtowns are called. It's been at least 8 years since I last played any sims in Pleasantview, or any town not Strangetown. It's going to be a pain setting up my spreadsheets and all, and I can't even imagine how long it will take for one round. But I have no motivation for my modern hood and I need a break from my medieval.

This shall be fun!
Mad Poster
#3635 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:18 PM
A recent article from the Yodel River Yodeller:

Yodel River, Veronaville:
MISADVENTURE NAMED IN DEATH OF BUSINESS TYCOON

Vincent Hayden nee' Moore, owner of national conglomerate Vincent Moore Industries, was found dead in his home last week by his wife, Samantha Hayden. An inquiry into the death of the 36 year old determined the cause to be death by misadventure. Mr. Hayden is found to have ingested an eight-ounce glass of antifreeze mixed with Mountain Dew. His wife, Samantha Hayden, 32, we mean 28...rather 26, said her husband enjoyed ingesting things that were dangerous or lethal. "Stupid, right?", she replied when asked about the strange habit. "He was always tasting something or other. Oh, well. That's life".

Hayden was the father of infant twins, Moore and Adelaide. He was the son of billionaire Timothy Moore and wife Tiffany. Mrs. Hayden has confirmed she will not be taking over the day-to-day operations of the conglomerate.

There have been rumors following the unexpected death of the businessman since the early hours. Questions have been raised regarding the delay in calling paramedics as well as the presence in their home of a coworker, Grey Kurtin. Kurtin is reported to be have been staying with the Haydens following a separation from his wife.

The ruling of death by misadventure will probably do nothing to quell the suspicions of those who believe the man was poisoned. However, it will pave the way for Mrs. Hayden to inherit millions of dollars.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#3636 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 9:21 PM
Just started a new supernatural themed neighborhood and it's turned into a love dodecahedron. My main sim Helen Segundo loves Abhijeet Deppiesse,Rose Dai and Basil Rose.Rose D is married to Nikki Zhang and is in an affair with Jill Smith. Nikki is in an affair with Basil and Basil is married to Shelby Barrett. Basil is also having a affair with a random elder townie. I guess that happens with ACR and most of your sims have the romance aspiration.
Top Secret Researcher
#3637 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow214
Just started a new supernatural themed neighborhood and it's turned into a love dodecahedron. My main sim Helen Segundo loves Abhijeet Deppiesse,Rose Dai and Basil Rose.Rose D is married to Nikki Zhang and is in an affair with Jill Smith. Nikki is in an affair with Basil and Basil is married to Shelby Barrett. Basil is also having a affair with a random elder townie. I guess that happens with ACR and most of your sims have the romance aspiration.

I wanna hear more ! 😄 Is every family a different supernatural species ?
Lab Assistant
#3638 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 9:25 AM Last edited by Shadow214 : 24th Sep 2018 at 12:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
I wanna hear more ! 😄 Is every family a different supernatural species ?

There aren't too many so far Helen Segundo is alien and so are her two children(All three have red eyes and purple skin). Basil is a plantsim who just grew a plant baby called Mulberry and his wife has also gave birth to a boy called Ash who will turn to a plantsim when he grows into an Adult.(He has the plantsim skintone). Rose and Nikki's adopted son is going turn into a werewolf when he becomes a teen.

I have plans,next round make a group of roomies consisting of a werewolf, a mannequin and a vampire. Abhijeet moved in with a golden badge in robotics so he will eventually make a servo.

I used to the Sims transformer,treeg's supernatural skins and eyes and few alien skins from Alieen Landing. Most of the sims are townies that Helen and Basil convinced to move into the neighborhood.
Instructor
#3639 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 3:34 PM
Beginning Pleasantview — Round 6

Round 6 started off kind of boring, as I played the Goths. Pleasantview’s founder, Gunther Goth learned some new skills, so he can expand his business career. He really was to be a Business Tycoon. His wife, Gretle is so bored with being at a stay-at-home wife. She finds it pointless since now her children are attending college. She wants to work, but Gunter won’t let her. To pass the time, she started a little tomato garden. She hopes to have a garden big enough, so she can be a part of the garden club.

The Crumplebottoms are getting their savings back in order after dropping 20 grand for Agnes college tuition. Simon is not happy as it was a waste of money and time. Agnes flunked out as soon as she entered college. Now she's back at home obsessing over being fit. Agnes’s mother Prudence doesn’t care about her failures. Matter of fact, Prudence doesn’t even like being a mother. She has no parental guidance over her two daughters and is more like a sister to them. Prudence also hates going to work and has a careless mentality about her. I came to the realization that she’s hate responsibility, is depressed and has anxiety issues. Now, I wonder if Agnes lack of progress at college is her hating responsibility as well?

Simis Bachelor got a $75,000 bonus from work one evening. I was so shocked as it has been a long time since any sim of mine received a big payout from their job. Instead of spending on cars, clothes, and chicks, he put the extra cash in savings. It’s going to come in handy when it’s time to impress the Goths in the future.

Bob Sr. and Mags Newbie are heading for divorce as I accidentally got Bob caught cheating (Why can’t I get this right? lol). After getting a promotion and his very own Walk of Fame star, Bob was feeling himself. While Mags was at work, he decided to invite some babes over to celebrate his new-found stardom. No harm done right? Wrong! Bob got carried away with the babes. Later in the day, Mags’s carpool pulled up to her home as Bob was giving Irma Oldie a Smooth Talk outside. Mags was terrified as she saw Bob pull a rose out of nowhere and give it to Irma. She couldn’t believe he didn’t stop, as she was running up the driveway. Maybe he didn’t see her. Or maybe he did and didn’t care. That night, in the house, Mags attacked Bob. She lost the fight, but not her pride. She wasn’t going to stand for Bob’s abuse. She filed for divorced. Mags only child, Bob Jr. tried comforting his mother in the kitchen. “It will be ok mom, I’m here for you.” Bob Jr. said to her. She gave him a smile, but when he walked away and went into his bedroom, she cried in her hands. As she cried she wonder how will she live after her first and only love betrayed her?

Scholar
#3640 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 4:13 PM
"Ouch!" thought Sir Morty Roth as he signed the last cheque. "That was an expensive day!"

In addition to the usual bills, the maid, and the nanny who took care of Xander until Stella got home from work, he'd had to fork out over $10,000 in taxes (he was paying for his Aunt Betty's house, too, since he would eventually inherit it and she had very little cash), plus $25,000 in tuition fees for Sandra. Still, that money would be coming back to the family in the long run. The king had asked for Sandra's hand in marriage to Prince David; after one semester in the dorms, she'd be moving in with him, and he would have 20% of all taxes and tuition fees received each season as personal spending money. And once he was king, of course, nearly everything would go to him. There had also been talk of Xander marrying Princess Sharla, but they were just children and nothing firm had been agreed. But if he did . . . the princess would receive 10% of the royal income with no tax to pay; Morty's children would effectively enjoy the rank and income of the royal family.

"Oh yes," thought Sir Morty, leaning back in satisfaction. Today might have been an expensive day, but one day his daughter would be queen, his son possibly married to a princess. Some day soon, the Roths would be so much more than simple country squires!
Mad Poster
#3641 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 9:05 PM
Well, I determined that something was wrong in the Contrary house in a perfectly new neighborhood. It even crashed after Sophia got them to move in with the Jocques, and I tried loading it in build mode.

Bulldoze, and put down a new house for them. It's smaller, more compact, but big enough for the three of them, and they had plenty of money--about $20,000--to play with leftover.

John Mole has a new assignment, thus changed his appearance. Desiderata may be too remote for him, but for now, he's catching a commuter train to downtown to keep an eye on this, that, and the other. There's definitely gambling at Fisk's Bar, but it doesn't seem to be the hotbed of criminal activity in the uberhood, though he caught Steve Dore drinking underage and Dirk Dreamer gambling. That wasn't what he was looking for, so the boys have gotten away with it for now. Sandra Roth wandered in, but didn't do anything naughty. He also has a personal character problem, but sufficient self-control to behave. Violet Jocque hits all the right spots for him, and she's much, much too young. John's rather disgusted with himself. Maybe he'll call up that Betty Goldstein he met at Fisk's, or Lola Curious, or Chastity Gere, or hang out with General Grunt, or . . . the General only played pool with John, so that was excellent decision making on his part. Perhaps the General is going to prove to be one of his contacts, long term. (Pascal, Johnny, and Bella also showed up: it was definitely Strangetown Day at Fisk's!)

I might need to set up mods to block teens from some venues, though.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#3642 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 4:03 AM
A teen sim who had been invited over to woohoo my gay romance sim autonomously gave my playable who was brought home on the bus her first kiss. Especially great because she'd be striking out with dates and wants to go steady with someone. I hope she doesn't mind sloppy seconds, but I mean, she's a pleasure sim so she probably doesn't.
Test Subject
#3643 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 4:55 AM
Reunited the six Tricou offspring and put them through college, where they accumulated enough money to buy back the old homestead ("House of Fallen Trees") and are working on fixing it up. (I "undeepened" the basement for them in case they wanted to go look in it, which eventually they will.) Only four of them are still Pleasure Sims - one is now a Knowledge Sim (the "Orion Teens" one, called Jack C. Tricou) and one ("Tiave Teens", in my game Oscar A. Tricou) is a Family Sim. The dark one ("Loren Teens", aka Axel Carey) is taking Pleasure a bit far, pursuing the Grilled Cheese obsession. I had renamed "Patrick Teens" (he had something obnoxious assigned) to Matteo Giacobini and changed his hair color and style (now brown, neat) before I realized he was a Tricou - and he seems to be the most normal of the lot. The two women are Aine (no hat) and Iona (hat) O'Connor, and may decide to take the name Tricou once they get used to it.

Head canon is that they all had different mothers (I think Matteo was raised by his) and at least some of them were given up for adoption (Aine and Iona almost certainly, as they were raised in the same Irish-Simerican family).

Five of the six are pursuing careers: Aine as an Adventurer, Iona in the Culinary track, Jack as an Entertainer, Matteo as a Gamer, and Oscar as a lawyer-wannabe. Axel at present is a HomeSim.

The lot is still haunted, but the ghosts haven't bothered anybody - yet. The six residents know better than to go outside at night, and they haven't had a lot of visitors, so far.
Forum Resident
#3644 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 5:49 PM
I'm reinstalling my game so I can properly get the stealth hood sims back! I wanna create a city called 'Megahood City' using the Stilport template, with all of the Maxis sims. Woop :D

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#3645 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I'm reinstalling my game so I can properly get the stealth hood sims back! I wanna create a city called 'Megahood City' using the Stilport template, with all of the Maxis sims. Woop :D

You don't need to reinstall just for that. There are blogs that have these characters as downloadables.

Tarlia has a whole "Viper Canyon" neighborhood just for the bin sims from the various EPs here (requires all EPs obviously ):
https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/108255.html

I think I once saw a blog somewhere that had extracted copies of these sims available for download, but I can't seem to find it now.
Forum Resident
#3646 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
You don't need to reinstall just for that. There are blogs that have these characters as downloadables.

Tarlia has a whole "Viper Canyon" neighborhood just for the bin sims from the various EPs here (requires all EPs obviously ):
https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/108255.html

I think I once saw a blog somewhere that had extracted copies of these sims available for download, but I can't seem to find it now.

Ack...I should have waited before uninstalling

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#3647 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 6:44 PM
This time when you install empty templates, you should make back up copies of the originals. Always back up the original, you never know when you might need it!

Live and learn. You'll never make this mistake again, for sure!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#3648 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
This time when you install empty templates, you should make back up copies of the originals. Always back up the original, you never know when you might need it!

Live and learn. You'll never make this mistake again, for sure!

The NeighborhoodTemplate folder can be renamed as well, and be changed back when you want the families to return. But Peni is right, backup before you change anything, just to be safe and save time.

Mad Poster
#3649 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 7:06 PM
Perhaps the Roberts' need to pay more attention to teen daughter, Hanna. She got pregnant and gave birth without either parent noticing a change. They weren't talking to her, so I guess they tried to pretend she didn't exist. The couple has just had two little ones, Quinn and Davis. With this, their jobs, and their home business, they are busy. Hanna has been such a trial to them, they'd just given up on her. She'd long ago quit going to school. She just hung around the house flirting with their male customers.

Well, they're noticing her now. The two are engaged in a hard conversation regarding her future.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#3650 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I was doing a photo shoot of some clothes I recolored and suddenly I said where is the third model?

I went outside of the "house" and saw the Grim Reaper standing next to a satellite.

I've NEVER had anyone die of a satellite falling on them EVER in all the years I've played this game and darn, it has to happen in the middle of taking PHOTOS!

I was 1) annoyed the model was "dead" and 2) Angry I missed it. Had to make a new person to stick into the photo shoot.

omg haha i had this 1 time too expect it wasn't in the middle of taking photo's thank god
i had that 3 years or so ago on a sims
Page 146 of 351