Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2023 at 11:32 AM
Default I don’t want the infant update
Hi
Is there any mod yet to destroy these little monsters? I don’t want to see infants ever again.
They just look scary. Why did EA not invest just a little bit of time to make them not have the same face as toddlers? They just don’t look like babies, they look for some reason way too old, and their faces get distorted with most genetics.
So I’m looking for a mod that automatically skips this useless and ugly „life stage” that haunts my nightmares.
I’m sorry. I know I’m weird for thinking they are scary but I just hope I’m not the only one.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Apr 2023 at 11:58 AM
This mod might be able to help you.
Infants Are Objects - Official Release!

Taiwan Soul!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Apr 2023 at 12:36 PM
I love how this is/was an April Fool's joke that people actually wanted.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Apr 2023 at 12:13 AM
I'll say that I've yet to understand just why they added Infants. We now have Babies, Infants, Toddlers and Children. There's no uniqueness to these life stages. Just locked actions and "kid skills" that has little to no bearing on adult skills. There's barely any visual change between infants and toddlers. The teen/adult divide suffer similary. You can't tell who is an young adult and who is a teen from a look. It feel like there should be a more significant visual change than between young adult/adult.

In addition we need several different packs to get much play out of them. One for infants, one for toddlers and one for children. Like, I don't have Growing Together and I got very little out of the infant stage. It skipped right up to crawling a lifting head.
Smeg Head
#5 Old 14th Apr 2023 at 11:57 PM
TS4 always was and always will be the Young Adult Party Simulator. All these years later, no matter what packs they may have tagged on, or toddlers patched in, trying to make it feel more like a life simulator, it's just not. None have had any depth or meaningful momentum, all other ages have nothing to them, even making them worse with things like annoying child or teen mood swings without any upside, or mind-numbingly boring High School, and elders, here's your balls of knitting yarn that will make the players yawn. Here's toddlers, your sims will not leave them alone for five minutes, that will drive you crazy. Now here's infants, same thing all over again. Then it's scrap all other age groups and get back to playing the young adult party simulator to get the most - least annoying - out of whatever this long dragged-out iteration is supposed to be.

I did make a mod where you could grind up newborns and toddlers in the Eco Living recycling machine to get bits & pieces to craft things with. I suppose infants can go the same way. Although the newborns and toddlers were indeed gone for the rest of that game session if staying on the lot, going through lot load, or save, quit and reload game, they were back again and healthy as can be. Ah, well. Not truly evil genius after all. But the sacrifices we make for going green. Back to the young adult parties then.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Apr 2023 at 12:23 AM
I have not played the Infants, in fact i'm playing this game less and less, as expected the Huge Update and the new EP has failed to relaunch my interest in this game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Apr 2023 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
and elders, here's your balls of knitting yarn that will make the players yawn.

You forget that the knitting pack was actually voted for by the community, with one of the other options being focused on the Grim Reaper.
So maybe we are the weird ones for wanting to play a game that is not as depressing, boring and exhausting as real life… and everyone else actually likes the stuff EA is terrifyingly successful selling to us for way too much money.
I actually ended up spending 20€ on Nifty Knitting just because it had rocking chairs and a Metal radio station (which is actually quite cool because it has special interactions written in caps - ok at this point I’m just trying to defend my stupid decisions)
But actually everyone knows why they gave us infants (which nobody asked for) instead of preteens (which everyone asked for and there even is a mod for that)
And it’s the same reason why teens use the same body and face as adults: they are really lazy (which is my biggest problem with TS4) and reused the model (at least the face) of the toddlers instead of creating a new model for infants. And, in my opinion, it doesn’t work and makes infants look like 3 year olds. Which is why I want them gone. Or at least to look like actual babies.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Apr 2023 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I'll say that I've yet to understand just why they added Infants. We now have Babies, Infants, Toddlers and Children. There's no uniqueness to these life stages. Just locked actions and "kid skills" that has little to no bearing on adult skills. There's barely any visual change between infants and toddlers. The teen/adult divide suffer similary. You can't tell who is an young adult and who is a teen from a look. It feel like there should be a more significant visual change than between young adult/adult.

Totally agree! FIX the teens instead of adding things we do not need IMO.
Smeg Head
#9 Old 15th Apr 2023 at 11:19 AM
Oh I did not forget knitting pack was "voted" for. The fact that was the one that came out on top has convinced me the pack voting is a sham. Hence it's no longer a thing. Not even for the conveyor belt of kits.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Apr 2023 at 6:56 PM Last edited by Celia : 17th Apr 2023 at 12:14 AM. Reason: apparent error
Edit 2: MC Commander gets fubared when I age up the baby to infant. But, I can save, go to Main Menu, then back into to game and it is fixed. Aging them up in CAS does not fubar MC Commander.
Edit: I've just found out that aging them up in CAS seems to fubar Mc Commander. I didn't want the Growing Together pack and was unhappy when they gave us the infant stage. Then I realized I could just age them up in CAS.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Apr 2023 at 3:33 AM
You can also easily age them up in-game, if you have testingcheats on. Shift-click on them and in the cheat sim info menu will be a option to "age up!" and that works for all ages (you can also age down but of course not to newborn). This option is like using a birthday cake, in which sims won't lose any traits they may have gained.