Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#76 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 2:41 AM
Yup. There's even a couple episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation which address the ups and downs of the human tendency towards curiosity.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 3:10 AM
I got another unpopular opinion:

I think Uberhoods are overrated.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 4:04 AM
I kinda like Uberhoods - especially if I can build them on my own. I like the possibility of Lilith Pleasant meeting Ripp Grunt and possibly being able to commiserate with him about their bad luck. And maybe Nervous Subject or one of the Curious brothers could end up marrying Brandi Broke. Maybe Daisy Greenman could meet Mortimer Goth and perhaps create some drama with him, Dina Caliente, and Bella Goth. Or maybe one of the Cordial sisters could make some trouble with the Curious brothers or Nervous Subject, and maybe Kimberly will show the world what a 'chicken' General Buzz Grunt is.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I've decided that my agrees are "I agree with this unpopular opinion"

How many agrees mean it isn't an unpopular opinion, though.
Instructor
#80 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 11:49 AM
Hand sinks are pointless
  • (Unmodded) sims do not autonomously wash their hands after relieving themselves
  • Sims pee through their clothes anyway
  • Sims do not touch door handles (all doors in their world open automatically - a bit like Star Trek)
  • Sims will happily walk up two flights of stairs to wash up plates in the smallest room in the house.
QED - hand sinks are pointless

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Alchemist
#81 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 1:01 PM
The Dreamer household is boring and lacks inspiration
Test Subject
#82 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 1:47 PM
Yes! The possibilities are endless. It also provides more options for friends for the child and teen sims.
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I kinda like Uberhoods - especially if I can build them on my own. I like the possibility of Lilith Pleasant meeting Ripp Grunt and possibly being able to commiserate with him about their bad luck. And maybe Nervous Subject or one of the Curious brothers could end up marrying Brandi Broke. Maybe Daisy Greenman could meet Mortimer Goth and perhaps create some drama with him, Dina Caliente, and Bella Goth. Or maybe one of the Cordial sisters could make some trouble with the Curious brothers or Nervous Subject, and maybe Kimberly will show the world what a 'chicken' General Buzz Grunt is.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 8:14 PM
Quote:
The Dreamer household is boring and lacks inspiration

That's not the only one: try the Oldies, or their contemporaries-the Goodies. The Roths, anyone in Riverblossom Hills.

In fact, I don't play any of the premade hoods because they're too stereotypical and boring in themselves. Most of the premades are just caricatures of stereotypes: "the mad scientists", "the crazy lady", "the conspiracy theorists"...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#84 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 3:50 AM
I prefer to make my own neighbourhoods, really. I'm also loving the challenge of starting with a CAS adult sim and plunking him or her onto a large lot with nothing but the 20k startup funds. Build a small outhouse and buy a cheap fridge, table, counter, and a bed or tent. Find a mate, get married, have babies, and try to at least get your kids to grow up well. You have to budget though - which means you can't always buy the bestest furniture or fun objects; you have to also worry about food.
Instructor
#85 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
That's not the only one: try the Oldies, or their contemporaries-the Goodies. The Roths, anyone in Riverblossom Hills.

In fact, I don't play any of the premade hoods because they're too stereotypical and boring in themselves. Most of the premades are just caricatures of stereotypes: "the mad scientists", "the crazy lady", "the conspiracy theorists"...

That's why I like genderswapped hoods. I find it way more interesting when sims seem to be following different roles than the roles I grew up with.
Scholar
#86 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 3:06 PM
Soooo, who took the time to put at least one disagree on every post?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Field Researcher
#87 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 3:37 PM
I always liked the sea chantey.
#88 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 4:43 PM
red haired sims have no souls....yea i said it....
Instructor
#89 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 5:07 PM
I don't really have anything to nag about The Sims 2 itself other than the usual problems everyone has with it.

What I do have a problem with however is people who create CC to make Sims look "Realistic" even though all it does is add obnoxious specular highlights and barbie doll like skin, which seems to be especially bad with The Sims 2 and 4.
What's even worse is the people who like it and yell at me when I say it looks bad, like... no. It doesn't look good. Do you even know how to artstyle? None of that kind of CC ever fits the damn game and it's terrible.

Slightly off topic, but the same happens with The Sims 4. All these awful "realistic" skin retextures (no offense), that just make the Sims look like ugly, lifeless barbie dolls. There's a reason Maxis went with the stylized art style. I remember seeing people on MTS whining that the game looked like a cartoon and didn't look realistic at all. Newsflash, it's called a stylistic or stylized art style. It's supposed to look "cartoony". That's the whole damn point of the art style! If you think it looks inherently bad, the only thing bad is your taste, because objectively it does look good.

That can also be said for The Sims 2, actually, although The Sims 2 tries to be more realistic than The Sims 4. Still, in general, most of Maxis' art looks better than more than half of the CC I run into online. No offense to anyone who's proud of their work. I am just extremely biased because I do game design myself, and it's frustrating when people talk shit about your art when it objectively looks good.

Before you disagree my post, I know I can scroll past it, but the problem is the people who worship it, while talking shit about the art style of the game. Yes I have strong opinions. No I won't apologize for it.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Mad Poster
#90 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 7:04 PM
I do like sims in japanese anime style but not in that digital Disney anime style.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 8:03 PM
Lots of agrees on the unpopular opinions, lol Which means these opinions are now becoming popular? Guess that happens when a lot of unpopular opinions get together, they aren't so alone anymore. So, is my opinion on this unpopular or not? Hi, disagree person! Enough funny stuff... My unpopular opinions about the game would be that I prefer not to use ACR (cause I turned the camera to my sim to find her making out with her boyfriend's grampa on the couch) or choose my sims relationships unless I make them in CAS. It works out, if sims have a high enough chemistry or stars are aligned in the coding, my sims autonomously flirt or pay much more attention to potential mates. Kinda like real life. Also, I never use the "try for baby" option. It may take a while, but I'm patient and they seem to pop the kid out at just the perfect time. Let's see, as said above, I don't play supernaturals and I don't like shiny sims or shiny sim things. My game is very homely and humble. I've said this before somewhere on here, but I don't cheat money for my sims. They have that $20,000 for land and a shabby shack, and they have to strive for success if they want more than that in life. I use to, but now I don't download houses or sims for my game. I make all my lots and sims from scratch. I'll just put this in here, Crypt O' Night is and will always be my fav destination, ever. All this and I still won't get that community time mod. Gotta get that! Ok, there are my opinions. Sorry so long.

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#92 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 8:15 PM
Don't be sorry about a long post. Might want to break it up into paragraphs next time, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#93 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 8:17 PM
I love every thing about Sims 2 even the bugs. LOL

OPPS this may be a very "Unpopular Opinion".

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#94 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 8:51 PM
The Sim City is exploiting all the NPC service sims, who all seem to work in a servitude.
Inventor
#95 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 9:01 PM
I love marrying in townies. Playables that I create myself are almost never allowed to marry each other, unless I have specifically made them for each other (and that happens rarely). Otherwise, they must find someone in the townie or premade pool to pair up with. Premades may or may not marry each other, depending on whether I like a certain pairing or am saving the premade for one of my own sims. Gabriel Green is one of my favorite premades, so he usually ends up in reserve and Samantha Cordial gets pawned off to someone else to keep her out of the way .
Mad Poster
#96 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 11:10 PM
Base Game (with a little necessary cheatings and such to allow the player to move in townie teens and kids) is still a lot of fun, and it's awesome to be able to let the kids jump on the beds to their hearts' content without worrying about them getting too hot. You can have a couple with any aspiration combination and not have to worry about things like lifetime wants or chemistry. Heck, if I get another computer, I might try a legacy using just the Base Game and the Tombstone of L&D (so Meadow Thayer and the others won't be stuck immortal and the child sims can be sent to the adoption pool or put in foster care). The Base Game has its flaws, but with mods, we have been able to do a lot of cool things.

I would love to discuss designing a mini-expansion with some modders sometime - Look up sanjouindacapo or dollynipples on skype, or PM me. I don't bite
Mad Poster
#97 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Base Game (with a little necessary cheatings and such to allow the player to move in townie teens and kids) is still a lot of fun, and it's awesome to be able to let the kids jump on the beds to their hearts' content without worrying about them getting too hot. You can have a couple with any aspiration combination and not have to worry about things like lifetime wants or chemistry. Heck, if I get another computer, I might try a legacy using just the Base Game and the Tombstone of L&D (so Meadow Thayer and the others won't be stuck immortal and the child sims can be sent to the adoption pool or put in foster care). The Base Game has its flaws, but with mods, we have been able to do a lot of cool things.

I would love to discuss designing a mini-expansion with some modders sometime - Look up sanjouindacapo or dollynipples on skype, or PM me. I don't bite

I guess you could be right. Though things like College, Businesses and apartments will have to be heavily roleplayed. No? Might test it out and share my experence with that.
Mad Poster
#98 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 12:32 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 20th Jun 2017 at 12:51 PM.
My opinion is, frogz2007 is a big fat poo-poo face, and his mother wears army boots. His mother is also a hamster, and his father smelt of elderberries.

Also, @SneakyWingPhoenix, I'm talking about a mini-EP to go along with the other EPs to make special custom College memories so that Sims who don't attend University will still get the perks based on the skills they learned, their grades, and their teen job levels. It would issue a diploma based on the major of the 'trade,' while sims who don't have as good of grades will get fewer perks, or the dreaded fourth fear slot penalty.

Of course, the mini-EP could be customized to where College doesn't exist yet, but all the College careers are still open. There could even be teen/elder equivalents of those jobs. The simmer would use an object to turn certain switches on or off, and decide when to add a University subhood. The Uni careers could even be customized to favor flunked sims, because in real life, often it's WHO you know rather than WHAT you know. If their creativity and charisma skills are good enough, they could make the cut.

This way, Simmers can have their cake and eat it.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 12:44 PM
Maybe it's only because he's famous, but I like Goopy. I don't want him in the house, but in the townie pool, he's okay.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 12:45 PM Last edited by Rguerra : 20th Jun 2017 at 6:00 PM.
The legacy challenge works better in The Sims 3, in The Sims 2 it is hard to manage, considering that the challenge rules states that you can only play with one family and was to age the other families manually (and "ageless households" bother me).
Page 4 of 17