Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 10:06 AM
How do I create an animated texture?
How do I make an animated texture? I've tried to clone the "anytime" candles, but still no success. Is there any process on how to do this?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 11:05 AM
No one else answered this, so I thought I would. As far as I know, animation isn't possible at this point. Sorry, wish I could help. Love your avatar, though!
Inventor
#3 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
No one else answered this, so I thought I would. As far as I know, animation isn't possible at this point. Sorry, wish I could help. Love your avatar, though!

Go to the front page of this site and you will see in big letters 'First Sims 2 Animation Tool released!' :banana:

But it is a bit different for CuteDoggyPal. Because she wants an animated texture. All I know is that someone (I think JWoods) did this for windows.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 12:01 PM
I've seen this done before. The waterfall by Oberkorn, the globe from xanathon, and more.
Inventor
#5 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 12:05 PM
YEah, I have too. But I dson't know how.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 12:25 PM Last edited by gromit : 6th Aug 2005 at 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Hi CuteDoggyPal

You do not need the animation tool for this, it is not a 3D animation. It just rotates through the different texture. With the 'Anytime candles the flame is a set of 16 different flames in a row and the animation is set in the material definition, StdMatTextureCoordAnimMode etc. All I have done in the past like with my 'Candle on a Skull' is just apply the texture as is to the mesh; it looks odd previewing the object in your 3D program as it is all sixteen flames applied to the flame mesh but as above the way the texture is applied on the completed object is set in the material definition. It all depends what you are trying to animate.
Mesh Maestro
#7 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 9:49 AM
CuteDoggyPal: I included a tutorial it is the last download in this thread (For Animating Textures)

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=80140