Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 4:45 AM Last edited by Karuttiae : 31st Dec 2023 at 6:30 AM.
my cc doesnt load into an already made save but loads in a new game
my game crashes half way through loading into an already made save. It's not like they're high poly count, they're around 11k poly each, i have cc that is 24k poly that works smoothly (not included, off topic lol). One of them worked in my save for a while but now it just crashes half way through, I don't know why this is happening.

In a new save all of them work fine

(requires seasons) https://www.mediafire.com/file/g61f...dwraps.rar/file
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 6:43 AM
Are you certain these are the cause of the crash? Crashes can happen for a number of reasons, but if it isn't occurring on a new save that's difficult for anyone else to troubleshoot for you.

Bad or missing bone assignments can cause an immediate CTD, so you may want to double check all of your LODs as CC that appears in CAS (in LOD0 form) may cause a crash later when it's rendering out of LODs 1, 2, 3 if any of those are broken.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 1:54 PM Last edited by Karuttiae : 31st Dec 2023 at 2:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Are you certain these are the cause of the crash? Crashes can happen for a number of reasons, but if it isn't occurring on a new save that's difficult for anyone else to troubleshoot for you.

Bad or missing bone assignments can cause an immediate CTD, so you may want to double check all of your LODs as CC that appears in CAS (in LOD0 form) may cause a crash later when it's rendering out of LODs 1, 2, 3 if any of those are broken.

None of the bone assignments are missing? maybe this second pic? I would understand if that was the reason but NONE of them wanna load in, but the sixth one worked just fine until now for some reason, i did nothing but take it in and out of my mod folder
Screenshots
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Jan 2024 at 11:37 PM
It appears to be your LODs that have the missing assignments, as I mentioned.
I checked the GEOMs from the Headwrap AF package and LOD2 has no bone assignments. I've missed that kind of thing before too, but the game will absolutely CTD when that LOD loads.
The crash will only occur when that LOD happens to render, so it's possible to go a little while without it triggering.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Jan 2024 at 8:38 AM Last edited by RustyShields : 23rd Jan 2024 at 8:26 AM.
Any update? I also faced this problem, but now it is solved. Top Essay Writing's samples aren't just snippets; they're comprehensive guides https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples to excellence. I've found valuable insights for various subjects, making them an invaluable tool for academic success. If you're serious about honing your writing skills, this is the place to be.