Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#12801 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 4:03 PM
I believe it loads what it sees first. If it's deeper in a folder, it'll be loaded after the stuff that it sees before that. But, I could be totally wrong!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12802 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 10:54 PM
My question about the vacation maps: do they actually work to identify the secret spots?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12803 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 11:12 PM
They allow your sim to go to the lot, without the map the option to walk there doesn't show up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12804 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Thanks all that responded. I did find it under Electronics/All I appreciate everyone's help. This is a marvelous site and I think you all are great.

I found the right part for Family links, the little tree in the blue vase, and it did the job I wanted on the Pets that were related. Now they are not. Yay.

Good thing I asked as I almost never look in the All sections. It might have been there at the start, I don't know as I had not looked there.

I suggest making a collection for them. Makes it a few less clicks to find.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#12805 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I suggest making a collection for them. Makes it a few less clicks to find.

OK sounds like a very good idea. Now how does one make a Collection?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#12806 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 5:21 PM
Go to Collections in the catalog, there's a few buttons, one of them is Add New Collection.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12807 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFlyingRaccoon
Does anyone know whether the package files that are directly in the Downloads folder are loaded first or last?

Everything loads alphabetically; first the folders inside Downloads, then the folders inside THOSE folders, and on down.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#12808 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:52 PM
I was contemplating making a lot featuring an abandoned pool - and it got me wondering if the pool ladder could be modded to work without water, as an actual ladder that a Sim could "drop" down from. Surely there is somebody smarter than me who could figure that out?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12809 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conversesneaker
I was contemplating making a lot featuring an abandoned pool - and it got me wondering if the pool ladder could be modded to work without water, as an actual ladder that a Sim could "drop" down from. Surely there is somebody smarter than me who could figure that out?

The pool ladder has code with it that puts the sim into a swimming motion whether or not there's water there. If you just wanted to have a sim move from one level to another, you'd be better with one of the existing ladders. Deactivating code on a cloned object is doable, of course, but it's usually more fuss than adding something.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#12810 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conversesneaker

I use Marvine's ladder on everything. I like to think it's not just because I'm too lazy to build stairs, but... It would probably work. To me it makes sense that someone would put one there so they wouldn't have to drop down. Shrug. http://modthesims.info/d/241795

STUPID QUESTION of the DAY:Does anyone know where Angel Hart's urn is in Widespot? I swear I saw it, but now I can't find it and I've built her such a nice cemetery.
Mad Poster
#12811 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:17 AM
STUPID QUESTION of the DAY:Does anyone know where Angel Hart's urn is in Widespot? I swear I saw it, but now I can't find it and I've built her such a nice cemetery.[/QUOTE]
I left it on an end table next to the flat-screen TV. No telling what you did with it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#12812 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
The pool ladder has code with it that puts the sim into a swimming motion whether or not there's water there. If you just wanted to have a sim move from one level to another, you'd be better with one of the existing ladders. Deactivating code on a cloned object is doable, of course, but it's usually more fuss than adding something.

Thanks for the quick response! I suppose I could still use the pool ladder just for the visual effect of an abandoned pool, but it would have been cool to not have wasted space.
Mad Poster
#12813 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:57 AM
Well, you could use a deco pool ladder(does it even exist?) if you just want the look...but if you really want it to be usable, you have to know that this pool ladder is not the usual one story high. The pool is though. Your sim would use it, but would not drop to the bottom which is one whole floor down. Or maybe they would, but the animation would look bad. Like maxon already mentioned, sims will be in a swiming motion-like state, and if you look carefully, you'll also notice that they aren't one floor down, they are like..in between 2 heights.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#12814 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
"STUPID QUESTION of the DAY:Does anyone know where Angel Hart's urn is in Widespot? I swear I saw it, but now I can't find it and I've built her such a nice cemetery."

I left it on an end table next to the flat-screen TV. No telling what you did with it.

I didn't move it! Yet. Thank you. I'll probably find it right there.
Mad Poster
#12815 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:56 AM
Is there a list somewhere of what actions and interactions Sims of specific personalities like and dislike? I just had a 8/10/8/0/0 Sim protest when told to hold hands with her date, which got me wondering.

Theorist
#12816 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 4:54 AM
Is there a list somewhere of what actions and interactions Sims of specific personalities like and dislike? I just had a 8/10/8/0/0 Sim protest when told to hold hands with her date, which got me wondering.

I would like a list like that. But I suppose in this case it's due to the 0 in Niceness? After all, holding hands is something nice, that makes others feel good, so mean Sims might not enjoy it :-P

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#12817 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 5:00 AM
Yeah, I was thinking the same. I'll check the Prima Guide later, maybe there's something in there.

Anyways, to my Visitor Controller issue: changing the guy's name to Tod Humble didn't do anything, but then I shift-clicked the VC and forced an error on the controller and it stopped zapping him on every lot. So I'm not sure.

Alchemist
#12818 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 5:48 AM

I would've thought it was just that she didn't think she knew him well enough. I've seen them reject things like that even after a kiss, when their long term is low, but the short term is high, or when I've tweaked their relationship and not done it very well.

Hm, on Humble. My cloned "Ron" Humble is not quite kosher, still has some odd NPC type behaviors, which are interesting. I don't trust him in an important hood, though, so I ran him through SimPE and BodyShop, making an appearance only clone, boring, but normal.
Mad Poster
#12819 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 5:58 AM
No, the two of them were 100/100 and in love to boot.

Mad Poster
#12820 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 7:49 AM
Shy sims and grouchy sims will both protest being instructed to perform romantic interactions, even ones they have current wants for.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#12821 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 10:20 AM
I have tended to see moaning about romantic actions as the Sim wanting to get on with it. When I'm being cautious, I think my Sim is saying to me, "Come on! We've done that. I want woohoo; not another soppy tender kiss!" But I have to say that, like Peni says, on his dream date with Pamela Hunt, young Cameron Morgan (with no outgoing points at all) was complaining even about being asked to make out with her which (seeing they're both teens) is as far as they're going to go on a date. Personally I think that all the romantic interactions ought to increase the Fun motive. I well remember in my early game, before I got Squinge's Making Our is Fun mod, Andrew and Julian having to pause in the middle of a hot love session, to play red hands, because their fun bars were going into the red.

ihatemandatoryregister, it looks as if the Visitor Controller recognises the NPC Rod Humble by his name. Assuming that you'd rather he was called Rod than Tod, you might try to fool the Visitor Controller by including a space either after his first name (i.e. "Rod ") or before his surname (i.e. " Humble"). If that doesn't work (and I admit it is common programming practice to trim out leading and trailing spaces), you could try adding an apostrophe after "Rod", implying that Rod is short for something else -- Roderick perhaps. Many of these short names were originally short for something else, but in recent years parents have increasingly used them as their children's "official" names.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#12822 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 10:21 AM
Shy sims and grouchy sims will both protest being instructed to perform romantic interactions, even ones they have current wants for.

There are overlaps depending on other aspects of their personalities though. Shy sims tend to have a preference for the peck kiss, and if they're nice, they'll happily sweet talk, give backrubs, and hold hands; I'm not certain but in my game at least, they're partial to romantic and tender kisses as well. I've also had playful, shy sims like squeezing their partners.

Most of my grouchy sims dislike romantic interactions (and even hate having to talk to the landlord to rent an apartment), but the outgoing, playful ones seem to like smooching, goosing, making out, and/or serenading.

We had a thread for personality-specific animations, by the way.
Mad Poster
#12823 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 1:41 PM

She didn't protest at some other flirts though, such as goose.

Alchemist
#12824 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:42 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 24th Mar 2018 at 3:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
ihatemandatoryregister, it looks as if the Visitor Controller recognises the NPC Rod Humble by his name. Assuming that you'd rather he was called Rod than Tod, you might try to fool the Visitor Controller by including a space either after his first name (i.e. "Rod ") or before his surname (i.e. " Humble"). If that doesn't work (and I admit it is common programming practice to trim out leading and trailing spaces), you could try adding an apostrophe after "Rod", implying that Rod is short for something else -- Roderick perhaps. Many of these short names were originally short for something else, but in recent years parents have increasingly used them as their children's "official" names.

@ihatemandatoryregister, I experimented with this because, like I said, the VC has confused me in this regard, too, so I'd like to know what it's doing. In short, I cloned him, named him Rod Humble, and the VC didn't zap him. If you want the details they are below. But here is Rod and another clone chatting next to the VC and Cloner. So, if nothing else, you should be able to get him this way.

Theorist
#12825 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:45 PM
She didn't protest at some other flirts though, such as goose.

Well goose is a tiny bit...ruder(?)...It's the difference between pinching your partner's ass, possibly adding "Nice Rack!" and gently caressing their hands.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 513 of 1339