Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 2:59 AM
Default Single Father With Five Kids Challenge
Milo and Alice McDonald were a happily married couple with five daringly unruly children. Mrs. McDonald always managed to control them, with love and cookies. But when a terrible accident ripped the family apart by taring Alice from this world. Milo is left caring for his children alone.

First you should know, you don't need to use those names they are just what I used.

second you need to create a male adult Sim, any traits you want except "dislikes Children" this isn't one of those challenges. Then create five kids, at least two teens, one kid, and toddler the last one can be whatever you want. (I made a third teen for example)

You then moved them onto either an empty lot, or a four bedroom home. (depending on how hard you want to play) You can only have 2,000 dollars to your name, after the funereal experiences, dried up you/his bank account.

You quite your cushy bank job to be able to stay at home and raise the kids. You have to raise all five kids to adulthood, and until you get your first grandchild.

Rules:
Your father can only have a part time job or be self employed.
kids can be home schooled, but can't attend boarding school.
Teens can't have jobs! they have to focus on school...
No cheats, (besides "familyfunds" in the beginning)

Example Family

Milo McDonald

Allie (redhead) and Kaylynn (Blonde)

Maloire

Dani

And Alex

(So any questions or suggestions?)

Don't Cry for me I'm ordinary and unimportant
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 3:23 AM
Hmm, sounds interesting.
I'll give it a shot.

*Signature Under Construction*
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 5:25 AM
I'm going to do this! Once the teens age up, do you kick them out or do they then have the same rules as the dad (part time job or be self employed)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 11:34 AM
So glade people are interested!

@breze6: It really depends on how hard you want your single father to have it with the kids. After giving it a little thought I think it would be best to move them out, but if you don't no they don't follow the same rules as the dad, they can have a full time job.

Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 8:45 PM
I'm starting this now(:
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 5:29 AM
Default done
I completed this challenge. I missed out on choosing my toddler's traits since they were living below the poverty line by a LOT. The toddlers slept outside on the floor since I started on an empty lot with $2000. The rest of the family slept in sleeping bags.

Here's my ending family. Blog post before the linked one has my starting family.
http://boredofsims3.blogspot.com/20...amily-tree.html

I started a blog for the challenges I'm going to take in the sims 3... this should be fun

At the end, I kicked everyone out except one of the sisters and she's trying to complete her LTW of surrounded by family now Dad still lives with them for now
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 9:39 PM
I love your blog, so glad you pick this to blog! LOL!!!

Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 2:39 AM
I just wanted to let you know that I've started a story based off of your challenge. I couldn't do it completely because I wanted to use Thornton Wolff, and he dislikes children.

If you're still interested in reading it, I've just put up the prologue here. =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 11:15 PM
@TheLizzy1990: LOVE IT! I'll keep reading

Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 3:41 AM
Default Sounds Great
I always wanted to do a challenge like this, but I couldn't keep myself on track. Now with someone else making the rules, it should be easy, well, easier. Nothing is going to be easy about this challenge. I'll get started right away!!

By the way, you have lovely looking sims.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLizzy1990
I just wanted to let you know that I've started a story based off of your challenge. I couldn't do it completely because I wanted to use Thornton Wolff, and he dislikes children.

If you're still interested in reading it, I've just put up the prologue here. =)

This story is wonderful! Keep at it!
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 4:31 PM
I think I'll try this I'll post pictures when I'm ready
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 2:00 AM
Me i go to do this one later.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 11:31 PM
GREAT! Glad you were interested...

Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 8:04 AM
Great story TheLizzy1990! (:
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 9:39 AM
Can the father remarry
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 9:43 AM
And can we have the father die and the mother the 1 who looks after the children?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by polly54
Can the father remarry

In response to bot your questions, and I'm sorry I didn't get back to you till now. I haven't been in this section of the site for a bit. The point of the challenge is it's a single father story driven challenge. Too take out the single part and gender-swap the founder would kinda change the story a bit don't you think? Now, after you age up the children and complete those hard years you can do what ever you want with the main character, and you could even give him a few romances thought the story, but a steady relationship isn't really what this character would be doing so soon after the death of his wife.

Think Dan Tanner, type of character here.

Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 12:17 AM
I am so going to do this It sounds fun It reminds me of the Full house or better yet The Brady bunch.
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 6:43 PM
This sounds fun, I'll have to try it soon!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:33 PM
Instead of a one dead mother, could we have a womanizer suddenly getting full custody of five illegitimate children? Maybe the mothers died or lost/gave away custody? This could add some extra depth to the relationships between the father and kids- the teens would hate him for never being involved, the kids would be excited to finally meet him, that sort of thing?