Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:19 PM
Default It's not your work hours!
Why is the sims 3 career system so horrifically broken. There's nothing quite like your sim never being able to reach their lifetime wish because the game decided to stop letting them work.

What really ticks me off is that even if you try to MAKE them go to work at the appointed time, it just says it's not your work hours and try again in x days, x hours.

Normally, nraas and Reset Everything fixes it, but it hasn't this time. :/ I'm so annoyed right now.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 12:04 AM
Try saving your household to the library, deleting it, and re-placing it. I had this happen once before and that was the only thing that worked...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 12:27 AM Last edited by igazor : 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:01 AM.
There is an NRaas mod command that can fix that issue but it's in DebugEnabler, not MasterController. On City Hall, NRaas > DE > Options:City Hall (or Public Service Office or whatever it's called in that world) > Sim > Fix Homeworld.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There is an NRaas mod command that can fix that issue, but it's in DebugEnabler, not MasterController. On City Hall, NRaas > DE > Options:City Hall (or Public Service Office or whatever it's called in that world) > Sim > Fix Homeworld.

Ah, I have debug enabler. I'll try that. Thanks!
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There is an NRaas mod command that can fix that issue but it's in DebugEnabler, not MasterController. On City Hall, NRaas > DE > Options:City Hall (or Public Service Office or whatever it's called in that world) > Sim > Fix Homeworld.

Thank you Igazor! I'm gonna try that next time this happens.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 11:14 AM
I did this and it said that 0 errors were fixed. Well, I tried.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:21 PM
Sorry that didn't work, it usually does (depending on where this fault is coming from). I would then move on to a variation on what orose was saying. Retreat to Edit Town, evict your entire household to the side of the map, copy the uninhabited residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. Then run the DE fix again. Even if it reports nothing has been "fixed," hopefully that will be enough of a reset to get things working again by the next work/school day.