Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 7:25 PM
Default Family tree editor? Can't use fulleditmode :(
I've looked all over the place for a solution to this problem but the only answer I ever seem to get is to try cas.fulleditmode. That's great for when you need to add new sims to an existing family tree, but I'm afraid only a mod will help me with this kerfuffle...

I thought I'd paused my game and returned to find my sim's firstborn infant whisked away by social services. Apparently even on the highest autonomy setting my sim's can't care for their own offspring for half a freaking hour Anyway, I cut my losses and accepted that baby number 1 was lost forever, my sims mourned and eventually welcomed babies 2 and 3, but that first baby is still listed among their kids and it's bugging the heck out of me.

Does anyone know if there's a mod out there that'll allow me to delete that lost baby from my sim's family tree? The game culls the kids when they're taken away by social services so there's no reason for it to still show up in their genealogy, right?

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 8:23 PM
Hmm. One method that I know of is to have MCCC's adoption system running where it will choose another family to adopt the whisked baby. You can then split that household to get your baby back. That's if you even use that at all in the first place.

The other method that could work is to evict your whole household then re-add them into the same house. Just in case, try this without saving and see if it will fix your family tree.
Smeg Head
#3 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 4:21 AM
The family tree is something that has proven beyond difficult - impossible - to edit with current modding tools, due to the way the info is stored. I've read tales of modders trying to edit it and failing.

If this family unit has no other blood relatives in the world living or dead, just the four of them, two parents and babies 2 & 3? Then you could save the family to your library, delete original family and replace with library version. That would certainly clear out any unwanted family tree history that's no longer applicable.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RedRidingCat
Hmm. One method that I know of is to have MCCC's adoption system running where it will choose another family to adopt the whisked baby. You can then split that household to get your baby back. That's if you even use that at all in the first place.

The other method that could work is to evict your whole household then re-add them into the same house. Just in case, try this without saving and see if it will fix your family tree.

I do use MCCC but had no idea that it had a system like that, is it included in the main module or a seperate download? How do I access it?

I'll try evicting and re-housing as well, thanks
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Linkala
I do use MCCC but had no idea that it had a system like that, is it included in the main module or a seperate download? How do I access it?

I'll try evicting and re-housing as well, thanks

It's in the MC Command Center module itself. Check your mc_settings.cfg and look for the second line (at the very top):
"Adopt_Neglected_Child": false,

Turn false to true like this:
"Adopt_Neglected_Child": true,

Then save.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 1:29 PM Last edited by Linkala : 16th Apr 2018 at 6:54 AM.
Dang, the line was set to false :/ I changed it to true but it didn't spawn the missing baby in the adoption bin for any of the families I tested. I guess that's a bit like closing the gate after the horse has bolted, eh? At least I won't have any repeat incidences now.

The first suggestion worked though I saved my sim family, deleted the original and moved the copy into the same house. No more mysterious missing sibling in the family tree for the kiddies to discover when they're older... they'll never suspect that their parents were once dangerously neglectful, hahaha! Now all that's left is to make sure that they never discover they're all clones.

Thank you all very much for the help, you're both awesome!