Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 10:08 PM Last edited by devincita : 24th Apr 2018 at 5:04 AM. Reason: problem is solved!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Mods not showing up...
Hi. I love to play my Sims 3 Game, and I have decided to add CC and Mods. [I'm not sure if the 2 are the same or different.] I download from TSR and MTS, but only TSR works. I download clothing and furniture there, and as usual, everything works. Though when I try to download from MTS, specifically mods, nothing shows up in my game. I've tried downloading no mosaic, no intro, careers, but nothing works. I've also replaced my resource.cfg files many times. I got a hand me down computer recently, so I moved my whole game there. Letting you know, I thought, maybe since this game came from Steam and not Origin or DVD, maybe that was the problem. I do have resource.cfg and I did make a Packages, Overrides, and Mods folder. I keep the mods with the CC, in the Packages folder. I use WinRAR to extract the zipped mods. I've recently tried to zip the mods back up or put them in the Overrides folder, [because I've read threads and heard that has fixed it for a few] but now that nothing has worked, I just don't know what to do. I delete files from the FeaturedItems and the DCBackup (not the ccmerged.package file!) But why does the CC work, but Mods don't? Is it because the CC is all Sims 3 CC type and the Mods are all PACKAGE files? If somebody can please get me some clarification and a solution on here, I would be really pleased. I have literally tried almost anything I could find, with no success (obviously.)

THIS PROBLEM IS SOLVED. vvv
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 12:33 AM
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...3_Package_Files should be able to walk you through the steps to get it set up.

It sounds as though something might have gone wrong when you made your folders. Either that or your resource.cfg is actually a text file... (You are patched, right?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 4:42 AM
Agreed with the above, but let's also rule out Steam installs (mods work exactly the same way, I have a Steam install myself as do many others), and the re-zipping or putting anything in Overrides. The game cannot read zipped files at all (that might be a TS4 thing?) and nothing belongs in Overrides unless a mod developer specifically says to put one of their files in there.

Steam installs are patched automatically by the Steam client program. We're all on 1.67 whether we want to be or not.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:04 AM
Sorry for not replying in such a while, I had thought a reply would take longer than just a few days. I am not the best person for this kind of stuff, but what do you mean when you say, "patched?" Also, thanks for the website to the Game Help: I am reading it right now and I will get back to you and see if there's a solution ASAP. Thanks!
Site Helper
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 6:47 PM
If you were using just the base game and world adventures from a disc installation, the procedure to get CC to work without having installed a patch would be different, and a bit trickier. (Not to mention the difficulty of actually finding a mod that is intended to be used in such an out-of-date game...) I wasn't sure if Steam forced the patch or not.
Since igazor says that Steam does automatically patch the game, you don't need to worry about it. You are patched.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 9:58 PM
I went through the site you gave in your previous reply, but I can't find anything wrong with my files. Would it help if I took some screenshots?
Site Helper
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:37 PM
Probably? Sometimes a new pair of eyes will see things that you might have missed.

We need screenshots that show the full file path, like the ones in that wiki page.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 1:43 AM Last edited by devincita : 23rd Apr 2018 at 1:44 AM. Reason: clarification
http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/devincita/slideshow/

I've tried to make sure this works, just let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to get another link.
If it does work, those photos aren't in order. This is the order: 6, 5, 3, 4, 7, 2, 1
They also aren't the best photos. (I was just trying to hide my personal files and stuff.) If you do need some more photos, just let me know.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 2:10 AM
Your mods folder inside of your TS3 user game folder needs to be called "Mods" (without the quotes). Just that, not "^MODS^" with the extra ^ characters around it.

You are displaying a series of sims3packs in screenshot #2 (some of them look like duplicates of each other to me). We cannot see which subfolder they are in, but they do not belong in Mods or Mods\Packages if that's where they are.

You have a custom modeling career in Mods\Packages but do not have the NRaas Careers mod, unless it's there and off the screenshot. That shouldn't break anything, but the custom career alone without the mod won't work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 4:00 AM Last edited by devincita : 23rd Apr 2018 at 4:02 AM. Reason: additional info
Apologies, the sims3packs are in the Packages folder. Though you do talk about the career mod, what about the other mods on that screenshot? Why wouldn't those ones work if they don't need anything else? And where would the sims3packs go?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by devincita
Apologies, the sims3packs are in the Packages folder. Though you do talk about the career mod, what about the other mods on that screenshot? Why wouldn't those ones work if they don't need anything else? And where would the sims3packs go?

The one you have labeled as Screenshot #3 tells us that you don't have a Mods folder as far as the game is concerned. You have a folder in its place called ^MODS^. Can you not see the difference? You can put anything you like in there, it will be ignored. As it is now, it's just an extra folder taking up space that the game has no instructions to read from.

Sims3packs are a different kind of content. They get placed into the game folder's Downloads to be read by the Launcher and installed that way by user command again by way of the Launcher. And without all of the duplicates. They will not get read if they are in a Mods\Packages folder and will possibly prevent everything else from being read if the game gets stuck on trying to process them during the startup procedure.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 9:28 AM
This may help to explain to you @devincita
Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki