Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 5:40 PM
Default Favorite Custom Worlds?
Since there's a post about your favorite EA created worlds, I figured this one would be interesting too. Plus it'll help showcase new worlds for players to download. So tell us, what's your favorite custom world?

Mine has to be Los Aniegos over at the exchange. I haven't been able to stop playing it, even though it can get a tad laggy with all the damn trees.
I'm also a big fan of Redcliffs over at Awesims. I don't play it as much since I got Los Aniegos, but it's a perfect world to use if you're into a legacy play style.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 5:55 PM
Los Aniegos definitely. Although I'm using Riverblossom Hills right now, LA is still the best world. Also, Geogria Falls (by babolat) is AMAZING.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 7:06 PM
Riverblossom Hills I have yet to try, though it does look amazing. I love Georgia Falls as well! I was actually going to modify it a bit and add some highrises, but I felt like I was messing with the whole flow of the town. I'm excited to see if Babolat comes out with another world with a lot of Late Night elements. It'd be stunning.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 7:22 PM
I love Builder's Island because I use it a lot... Also, I love, Love, LOVE, Strangeville! I missed Strangetown when I made the switch to Sims 3. And now I have them back. (Hugs code)

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 7:34 PM
Moon Base Charlie/Delta by Rflong7. An amazing, and extremely well-made world; perfect for sci-fi lovers. It's the only time I've ever downloaded something from the exchange.
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VegaBlack
Moon Base Charlie/Delta by Rflong7. An amazing, and extremely well-made world; perfect for sci-fi lovers. It's the only time I've ever downloaded something from the exchange.

Hi, do you have a link for that world? When I search the forum, I just get a 404. Thanks in advance.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 7:40 PM
I tend to only play one game at a time and right now I'm playing Red County - the younger version of Los Aniegos I think? (I tried Los Aniegos but it makes my game lag and crash a lot since I don't have WA and my Laptops not great.)
But anyway I love Red County it's so gorgeous and unique, it's the only custom world I've ever really played properly

Google has the answers. Not me.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Barcelona Pear
Hi, do you have a link for that world? When I search the forum, I just get a 404. Thanks in advance.

Sure. It's here. Also, check this thread for the populated version and pictures.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 8:03 PM
Sure. It's here. Also, check this thread for the populated version and pictures.

That is badass. I didn't know this even existed. Brb, spending the rest of the afternoon playing this world.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 9:09 PM
I've been dying to try something different(horribly attached to Riverview) and I downloaded Los Aniegos when it first came out. It's truly breathtaking! Incredibly big and full of content. I spent the first sim week just checking out all the attractions and hidden gems. I love how the schools in LA look. Now that there is an updated world with better performance I will definitely be play it more.

Even though I havent tried it out yet, Georgia Falls looks awesome from just looking at the pics.

I also think the Galaad world by Frances is a pretty nice. It's big and is split up into little districts and neighborhoods
Theorist
#11 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 10:18 PM Last edited by tizerist : 16th Aug 2011 at 8:04 PM.
Overlook Bay or Red County or New Emerald City.

Overlook Bay ticks almost all the boxes and is highly customisable.
Red County is a dream to live in. So well sculpted.
New Emerald City is more of a city than those two, and is really good.

I like Los Aniegos, but I don't like the way the land just cuts off in a straight line, it breaks the immersion somewhat. But awesome otherwise. Not as good as Red County though, nowhere near.

And whatever the latest version of Coconut Island is. I don't normally like island hoods, but I love the bamboo/atoll type of vibe it has.
Cant wait for version 4.0.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#12 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 10:49 PM
I'm in love with kiwi_tea's Riverblossom Hills! It is like Riverview, with so much more! And I love the sims in this world

I would love to play kiwi_tea's Rawr Atoll if it got released :P

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 12:20 AM
I am playing, well adding to Riverblossom Hills, can't wait to play it. My favorite atm is Asgaard, can't remember the creator's name, but got it at Custom Sims 3. Nothing spectacular about the world, it was empty and I built it up to a great town, so yeah, I am proud of it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#14 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 12:25 AM

Thanks for giving the info about this world. I'm a huge sci-fi fan and this world just hits all the right buttons. Reminds me a lot of that old tv show, Space: 1999 (Moon Base Alpha). Too bad that the populated version's download in mediafire is deleted but I will keep my eye on it.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Thanks for giving the info about this world. I'm a huge sci-fi fan and this world just hits all the right buttons. Reminds me a lot of that old tv show, Space: 1999 (Moon Base Alpha). Too bad that the populated version's download in mediafire is deleted but I will keep my eye on it.

Just click on the picture that says Moon Base Delta on it; it's a link to a working mediafire page.
Alchemist
#16 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 4:31 PM
Just click on the picture that says Moon Base Delta on it; it's a link to a working mediafire page.

I have it now. Thank you.
Scholar
#17 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 6:34 PM
I like Redcliff and Riverblossom Hills a lot
My favourite has to be Mayfair Island though, it's a nice small island that is filled with empty lots for me to work with
Scholar
#18 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 2:57 AM Last edited by suzetter : 12th Feb 2011 at 4:06 AM.
My favorite world is called Buildtown by Regina/bog Sims and you can find it here http://www.bogsims.com/sims3/regina/misc/worlds.htm It's all sizes flat lots and is the best world for building that I have found.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Scholar
#19 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 3:17 AM
Los Aniegos, Neverglade, Niua Simona, Red County, Cocunut Island, and Riverblossom Hills. I used to like Overlook Bay, even created a bunch of lots for it when it was a WIP, but it needs a serious update for Late Night.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 9:00 AM
Los Aniegos. Great world for anyone who likes Los Angeles. The author really did a great job in making the world feel alive.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 3:30 PM
I've been playing Neverglade, but I might have to check out this Riverblossom Hills that everyone seems to love.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 11:41 PM Last edited by SommarBlomma : 13th Feb 2011 at 8:55 AM.
I like Redcliffs from Awesims (beautiful sceneries with varieties, like a swampy lake, a beach, a treeles farmland, a foresty area; many lots of different sizes, a good center). It is exotic and picturesque t ome.
I have found Georgia Falls by Babolat just the other day, and fell in love with it. It looks like a town with cooler climate, it is not too small, but not very big either, and is easy to customize; I think it will look very nice in winter (I am looking forward to having seasons and weather in the game).
For those who like to build, and prefers huge lots, I'd suggest Trianon, a large island world from Blacky's sims zoo. I used to have it, but uninstalled it, because it was my least fave of the custom worlds I had, and I don't want to have too many worlds, they consume a lot of space.
Alchemist
#23 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 12:04 AM
I havent' downloaded a custom world, but I'm definately downloading LA as soon as I have WA and LN, and can somebody Link georgia falls? I haven't seen it on MTS
I'm currently playing playing my self-made prarie world, which is pretty horrible, but I only use it for buidling, so I don't care very much

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#24 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 12:35 AM Last edited by SommarBlomma : 13th Feb 2011 at 8:02 AM.
Here is the direct link to download GF:
www.sendspace.com/file/dk1d90

and the link to the creator's journal (to see the pics, read the description and download)
http://babolatbuiltit.livejournal.com/4586.html
Field Researcher
#25 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 12:47 AM
I love Riverblossom Hills, Redcliffs, and Moon Base Charlie. Thanks everyone for the links to Buildtown, Los Aneigos and Georgia Falls! I am addicted to new neighborhoods. These look so interesting-- I have to get them.

Any others?
Page 1 of 42