Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2776 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 6:06 PM
Whelp...we have a trailer...it...exists. I guess :/

The Receptacle still lives!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2777 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 6:12 PM
Those build and buy items are too cute for the basic and/or fugly clothing in this pack.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2778 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 6:15 PM
Kewl kewl.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2779 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 6:27 PM
I decided to read the press release...

"Speaking of photos, your Sim now has the chance to be a freelance fashion photographer. We’ve talked about the freelance career before, but the Moschino Stuff Pack offers something totally unique. Once your Sim takes on gigs, it’s up to them to complete tasks like taking photos of Sims in different outfits and getting photos approved by clients before the deadline. Level up your Photography Skill by taking lots of pics, using filters and backdrops, and even taking selfies with your Sim’s phone."

We already have a Get To Work for fashion photography (as horrible as it is). Purchase a retail lot, give Sims makeovers (with Get Famous, or Edit them in CAS with cheats), take photos of Sims with Makeovers, then sell them. A better use of effort would be to retroactively add more functionality to the Get To Work photo studio (since this object look pretty similar) and have Sims model clothing with weird couture poses. Then, add a catwalk to have modeling as an actual career. Both of these would build fame.

Also, many of these items should be modeled after having a boutique/studio. It looks like home décor.

They don't know what they're making any more.

Mad Poster
#2780 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 6:29 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 6th Aug 2019 at 6:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Those build and buy items are too cute for the basic and/or fugly clothing in this pack.

I was thinking the same thing. Like...I really don't wanna buy this pack on principle but...there are things in it that I want lol

Mad Poster
#2781 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 6:29 PM
Tiny Cherries Junk Pack. K.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2782 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I was thinking the same thing. Like...I really don't wanna buy this pack on principal but...there are things in it that I want lol

There's a whole suite of full length industrial windows. There's even a window curved edges. Ugh.

I'm still on the side of having items for a boutique/studio. There's ONE clothing rack in the game, but it doesn't look like a retail clothing rack. It's intended for costumes. Nothing in this game makes sense.

Instructor
#2783 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 9:03 PM

Why does the music remind me of a much worse version of this song? (the one that starts 10 seconds in, the familiar part playing at about 30 seconds in) Thing about that song is that game used it ironically to try and weird players out and be funny. Moschino is playing it like it's actually the hip new beat.

Also is the trailer strategy to show as little as possible so people don't realize what a dud it is?
Inventor
#2784 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 9:11 PM

Thank you, NEXT! This pack probably has the least amount of value for your money. Only a couple of BB items. Clothes look like trash. I hate the style of ALL of them. I can't believe they're rehashing the Get To Work photography skill and object for this new career. But I'm not surprise this pack is rubbish. Most Stuff Packs are.
Mad Poster
#2785 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 9:39 PM
So, with the fashion photography career in Moschino SP, does it mean that sims will be able to read magazines again? The trailer implied there would be magazines. Hope they included the plumbob umbrella I saw in an earlier picture they released.
Mad Poster
#2786 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 10:04 PM
Yeah, this SP makes gamer girl bath water better and much rational choice for purchase in comparison. no?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2787 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 10:26 PM
I got my advanced copy of Moschino Stuff.

All joke aside, outside of a little more context, anything in the picture (plus the stylist career) makes me think even the career is a waste of time. I guess I have to see it first.
Screenshots

Instructor
#2788 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 10:38 PM
I got my advanced copy of Moschino Stuff.

All joke aside, outside of a little more context, anything in the picture (plus the stylist career) makes me think even the career is a waste of time. I guess I have to see it first.

Don't we, technically, already have all of the items in the picture? Are they selling recolors again? Golly gosh, EAxis... Ya'll are selling recolors again aren't ya? for shame

on a serious note (Not really but I can help it at this point), how many souls did their team lose by helping make this collab with Moschino? As much as they lost making Katy Perry's sweet treats? or about the same?

ETA: Did anyone see he dislikes and read the comments from the trailer on youtube?
Inventor
#2789 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 11:11 PM

Are there any new gameplay objects or features? Other than the freelancer career and the photo studio (rehash of the GTW one), it doesn't seem to be ANYTHING new in terms of gameplay.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2790 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 12:04 AM
I don't own it. The stuff in the photo is the joke.

Mad Poster
#2791 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 1:22 AM
Not gonna lie. Just based on the fact that our own sims can be on magazine covers, and because they seem to have revamped GTW's photography system so that it no longer sucks...I might just go ahead and get this.

The artist in me is too weak to resist.

Field Researcher
#2792 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 1:34 AM
They seem to really be banking on the career as the main selling point of this pack. Unfortunately for them this isn’t freelance fashion photographer stuff it’s titled Moschino which seems to be put in the backseat? I am very confused. I also noticed this stuff pack doesn’t even follow the new design language of the rebrand. Maybe I’m just cynical, but they seem to know this pack isn’t gonna sell based on the brand alone.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2793 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 2:31 AM
The blind could see that.

This isn’t even anything completely new. The camera looks right out of GTW, so all they did was reskin it and mixed in some base game stuff. You can very easy be a fashion photographer with Get To Work.

I’m not paying $10 for some cute windows (which really are so cute).

Inventor
#2794 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 2:52 AM
It seems the community is not having it this time. The Mosquito Stuff Pack trailer is the fourth more disliked video in The Sims YouTube channel, and the second lowest rated The Sims 4 video.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2795 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 3:09 AM

The entire approach to design and the respect for the brand are night and day. H&M Stuff features casual, everyday clothing everyone can enjoy, and the build objects are simple enough to be used in a variety of places without explicitly being an H&M location. It’s great content design.

-10 points for lying about the runway, though.

Inventor
#2796 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 3:28 AM
-10 points for lying about the runway, though.

I remember being extremely disappointed when I found you couldn't do that and it was all "trailer magic." I think there's a lot of potential to recreate the Fashion branch of the Fame career from Superstar. Mosquito could've justified its existence by doing an active career or something more in-depth than take pictures of Sims. It's such a bland premise for a career, I honestly don't understand the "value" some people claim this career adds to the pack.

H&M and Diesel had actually pretty decent outfits and use them all the time. I can't see myself using any of the outfits featured in Mosquito Stuff. There's absolutely hideous and poorly made. Those plumbob swimsuits and bear patterns look like something I could make in 5 minutes. Absolutely atrocious quality.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2797 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 3:43 AM
Branding in the games get worse and worse.

TS1 was perfect: You had to download it all. It was all free too!

TS2 was great because the content was fan favorites. IKEA was so good fans ported it all over. It was so good the base game has a mock version of it. it was branded content but never looked or felt cheap.

TS3 was hit and miss. Diesel was respectful and tasteful (the bed being the best thing to look at since sliced bread), white sweet treats was... no. At least Sweet Treats was good for candy shops, amusement parts, you shops, etc.

TS4 is starting off with a brand no one has heard of with stuff no one wants. EA had to cram a career into the pack to make it worth while.

Inventor
#2798 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 5:36 AM
TS3 was hit and miss. Diesel was respectful and tasteful (the bed being the best thing to look at since sliced bread), white sweet treats was... no. At least Sweet Treats was good for candy shops, amusement parts, you shops, etc..

Branded content was pretty good in TS3 (other than Sweet Treats), especially the FREE branded content from the store. A lot of it was a little bit difficult to get if you didn't live in the US, but there were ways.

Everything from Dr. Pepper's Alice in Wonderland themed furniture:

Another Dr. Pepper endorsed set, this one inspired by the 60s:

The IAMS pet set:

To the MASSIVE Ford/Renault/Toyota sets (which include a lot of new electronic, and NEW gameplay like the skydiving center, charging station and solar panels, etc):

And let's not forget extremely rare jewels like the T-Mobile set:

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2799 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 12:00 PM
How could I forget about some of this stuff? Renault could have been a stuff pack in and of itself (with additional items of course).

TS3 gave players free solar panels and wind turbines, while we struggle with an off the grid lot trait.

Mad Poster
#2800 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 7:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xapyD2occN4

Page 112 of 141