Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#2801 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 5:27 PM
the clothes from the sp are atrocious as expected. i liked some of the buy/build stuff though, but it looks like not much is included (maybe they didn't show everything, but i doubt it...)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2802 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 9:56 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 10th Aug 2019 at 3:21 AM.
I watched the stream. Most of this gameplay could have been a patch. It’s just a camera and some backdrops.

The career is a career. Idk... whatever...

Edit: Oh My goodness... they added a sliding door for the industrial build stuff. I have never been more confused. It’s also the only full wall height sliding glass door as well. I don’t know... I just don’t...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Inventor
#2803 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MoozyFoozy
I saw a very limited amount of clothing in the trailer (that I was able to see since the scenes would change within split seconds, seriously, who edited that?). That's concerning considering it's a fashion themed Stuff Pack.

It looks like this pack is the opposite of Cool Kitchen Stuff. That pack was lacking in BB items and kitchen stuff, but it had a ton of new clothes; this one is suppose to be about a Fashion company, but the focus seems to be on the career and BB objects.

And yes, most SPs are lacking in terms of content, but this seems to be on par with My First Pet in terms of boring gameplay. They could've added clothing shops similar to the ones in TS2 (with changing booths), a runaway similar to the one in TS1 Superstar, a stylist career and venue similar to the one in TS3 Ambitions and TS2 Open for Business. There was a lot they could've done for a this pack, but they decided to go for the laziest route and make it all about the GTW photography skill.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2804 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 4:27 AM
@MoozyFoozy I thought boutiques would be best since it’s branding for a fashion brand. They went for “home photo studio.”

Mad Poster
#2805 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 4:57 AM
Not gonna lie...the live stream actually made me want the pack. I'm okay with the lack of clothes because...to be frank...Moschino's clothes aren't very good...at all. What sold me are the build mode items and the HUGE photography overall. Much like the entirety of Get Famous, that stuff speaks to me on a personal level since it coincides with my own career aspirations.

So congrats EA. You've appealed to my IRL interests and actually got me kinda looking forward to a stuff pack. Excited might be an overstatement but it's a pack that I don't mind spending ten bucks on.

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#2806 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MoozyFoozy
I could be wrong but aren't most Stuff Packs lacking in gameplay? I only have one or two and I don't think either add any gameplay whatsoever.

They promoted that SP constantly by saying "It has more gameplay than you think!!! Just wait for it!" and I think a Guru mentioned four gameplay items? I'm not bothering with the livestream, but maybe someone else here knows what other gameplay there is besides the photography career?
Instructor
#2807 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
They promoted that SP constantly by saying "It has more gameplay than you think!!! Just wait for it!" and I think a Guru mentioned four gameplay items? I'm not bothering with the livestream, but maybe someone else here knows what other gameplay there is besides the photography career?

Nah.

What you're getting is essentially upgrades to the photography skill. More poses, more depth control, better management for storage.

The thing is though at the end of the day, the features feel like they should've been a given to begin with (why can we JUST NOW determine the photographer's distance from the target?) or honestly it's something you can already "do" via other means. Like of course there's plenty of mods or in-game tools that can do things like take pictures from a desired distance or mods that simply add more poses for your sim, so what this adds is a convenience for that, nothing more.

The career is likewise bare minimum. It's just an extension of the Freelancer career and gig-based. I have no idea how those work and if promotions are even possible (aka with rewards or new abilities), but I get the impression no. The career is essentially a financial boost for using the skill, nothing more.

Best way to describe the pack is....remember ages ago people requested picture frames or some sort of object that could store photos as you please and was more or less a template of 4 frames where you can determine which photo goes where? Well they're finally including it, and they've decided it's worth $10.
Mad Poster
#2808 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 10:45 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 10th Aug 2019 at 11:10 AM.
Oh it's literally pronounced like mosquito (according in Carl's video). I been pronouncing it wrong (like machino but with o) ?

From how it case and summarized in the video, it seems like a good gameplay expasion from that glance (hoping there aren't drawbacks/unfinishments). Though I do understand people find it annoying or complain it's peacemealed base game skill. It's even blatant in the cover art render, with the Sim that takes a photo with a camera, could entice/agonize to buy it for the improved gameplay mechanic. I still much don't have opinion about the clothes, so cant justift if the pack is worth enough buying.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2809 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 11:46 AM
I remember when table frames just came in World Adventurers when they introduced photography. They didn’t have to update photography 700 times to provide a normal feature.

Mad Poster
#2810 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
And yes, most SPs are lacking in terms of content, but this seems to be on par with My First Pet in terms of boring gameplay. They could've added clothing shops similar to the ones in TS2 (with changing booths), a runaway similar to the one in TS1 Superstar, a stylist career and venue similar to the one in TS3 Ambitions and TS2 Open for Business. There was a lot they could've done for a this pack, but they decided to go for the laziest route and make it all about the GTW photography skill.

I agree- if they were going the route of adding gameplay as opposed to more objects/clothing, they might as well should have made this the 'Sims 4: Moschcino's Get Styling' game pack and included a modeling career a la Sims Superstar and turned the Get Famous styling chair into an actual career + styling venue/store. Heck, even just a styling career + venue would be fine if they don't want to make new animations.

I feel like the fashion element is starting to get scattered across several packs/updates- and it seems like they're skirting around the actual career with peripheral elements like Influencers, Lifestyle Brands and now the fashion photographer.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2811 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:39 PM
Everything is scattered across multiple packs in TS4. For example: You can build a nightclub in the base game.

HOWEVER, to get actual nightclub content (Social Groups, Dance Floor, DJ Booth, Bubble Blower, Heating Lamp), you require Get Together, City Living, and Dine Out. That's just for gameplay. If you want to have a venue that actually looks like a nightclub, with various glowing objects, you'll also need Luxury Party, Spa Day, and Get Famous. I guess putting everything in one pack would cause them to lose too much money and force them to get creative.

Even with all of that content being spread apart, content is still missing from clubs, like sectional seating, pool tables, poker, spraying nectar, in ground hot tubs, bands... how are we still missing pool tables?

We still can't own a nightclub, btw.
You have to put a dance floor in a restaurant and hope Sims use it.

Mad Poster
#2812 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
That's because it's a scam. Every time they 'improve' it, they charge people for it, so people end up paying for photography over and over again until the photography 'updates' stop. It's disgusting, but if people want to buy the same thing over and over, that's on them.

Lol yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think you're right.... unfortunately, I still can't help myself. This is stuff I've been wanting for ages. I can say no to hamsters. I can say no to ball pits. I can say no to... whatever the fuck Strangerville is....but I can't say no to having more digital media and photography options. They found one of my weaknesses

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#2813 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 2:10 PM
SimGuruGeorge is a photographer, and apparently he really fought for the feature to be upgraded with certain things. Well good for you George, but it shouldn't be so hard.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2814 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 2:46 PM
I'm glad they're fighting for cameras for the umpteenth time and not babies.

Mad Poster
#2815 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 3:22 PM
Are there any developers that in their life had a child (a baby specifically)? if only parental devs were passion about them.... or did they treat their babies as property just like sims?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2816 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
...or did they treat their babies as property just like sims?

*looks at cats and dogs*

Instructor
#2817 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
SimGuruGeorge is a photographer, and apparently he really fought for the feature to be upgraded with certain things. Well good for you George, but it shouldn't be so hard.

I said this like a month or so ago, but I fear that based on evidence, the Sims team feels stupid. Not that individuals are stupid, but as a collective, they make stupid decisions.

If what you say above is true, I think it's a great example. If SimGuruGeorge is passionate about photography and wanted this, hey, good for him and passion can be good. However, it honestly feels like no one on the team knows how to...yknow, make a game. They seem to simulate heavily, but never provide gameplay. Great example is Grant owns a corgi and this is the first Sims game that seems to really account for the unique body shape of corgis....but what can you do with them? These pets have less interactions than any past iteration, perhaps even compared to Sims 1.

With photography, same thing. Give people something to do with it. A barebones career where the extent of it is get gig ----> do gig ----> get money ----> repeat isn't enough. Even Sims 3 had ridiculously large collections for photography that, if you made it a goal to complete all the collections, that itself is practically a game. Yes, collecting isn't normally the most fun gameplay, but that one was at least so expansive it'd indirectly introduce you to EVERY gameplay aspect.

I just get the vibe that a discussion by the Sims team typically goes like this: they brainstorm, someone speaks up and says "OH I KNOW I love knitting," they include knitting because of it.....aaaaand that's it. The extent of the feature is that you knit for 4 hours, this produces a sweater that you can then gift to someone for a relationship boost or wear yourself for a 4 hour happy moodlet (consumes inventory item) and that was it. Instead, they should be asking "how can we turn knitting into a gameplay feature." That's the vital step that's always missing. They include something in the game and think "look see we simulated knitting, good job us" but they never stop and bothering to ask is it fun to watch your sim do a knitting animation for 4 hours just to get another generic happy moodlet as your reward?

What is it adding to the experience? What does it offer that other features don't already? None of these questions seem to ever cross their minds and it just feels like while the Sims team knows how to create the appearance of features, they somehow lack basic common sense in game design: it needs to be fun.

These photography upgrades are gonna be fun for a day before simmers are once again complaining and eagerly awaiting the next pack.
Mad Poster
#2818 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
I said this like a month or so ago, but I fear that based on evidence, the Sims team feels stupid. Not that individuals are stupid, but as a collective, they make stupid decisions.

If what you say above is true, I think it's a great example. If SimGuruGeorge is passionate about photography and wanted this, hey, good for him and passion can be good. However, it honestly feels like no one on the team knows how to...yknow, make a game. They seem to simulate heavily, but never provide gameplay. Great example is Grant owns a corgi and this is the first Sims game that seems to really account for the unique body shape of corgis....but what can you do with them? These pets have less interactions than any past iteration, perhaps even compared to Sims 1.

With photography, same thing. Give people something to do with it. A barebones career where the extent of it is get gig ----> do gig ----> get money ----> repeat isn't enough. Even Sims 3 had ridiculously large collections for photography that, if you made it a goal to complete all the collections, that itself is practically a game. Yes, collecting isn't normally the most fun gameplay, but that one was at least so expansive it'd indirectly introduce you to EVERY gameplay aspect.

I just get the vibe that a discussion by the Sims team typically goes like this: they brainstorm, someone speaks up and says "OH I KNOW I love knitting," they include knitting because of it.....aaaaand that's it. The extent of the feature is that you knit for 4 hours, this produces a sweater that you can then gift to someone for a relationship boost or wear yourself for a 4 hour happy moodlet (consumes inventory item) and that was it. Instead, they should be asking "how can we turn knitting into a gameplay feature." That's the vital step that's always missing. They include something in the game and think "look see we simulated knitting, good job us" but they never stop and bothering to ask is it fun to watch your sim do a knitting animation for 4 hours just to get another generic happy moodlet as your reward?

What is it adding to the experience? What does it offer that other features don't already? None of these questions seem to ever cross their minds and it just feels like while the Sims team knows how to create the appearance of features, they somehow lack basic common sense in game design: it needs to be fun.

These photography upgrades are gonna be fun for a day before simmers are once again complaining and eagerly awaiting the next pack.

I think they said starting with TS3 that they were trying to bring a more goal oriented game play to the Sims. Hence the hunt for the moodlets and constant come play with us at the ruins, or at the bar or festival thing. I wouldn't mind that so much, but once you get there the sim who called doesn't even act like they know your sims and on a couple of occasions I couldn't locate them once arrived at the destination. I would like to watch them knitting, after all, we watch all the other mundane things they do, like cooking, watching TV, or sleeping, but I wish they had nicer, cuter animations and interactions and make the whole experience of watching them feel more like a good movie that makes you cry and laugh with the character, rather than a game of packman where all you're trying to do is get more points.
Smeg Head
#2819 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 2:06 AM
Perhaps I'm letting my imagination run away with me, but on the trailer vid, 22 seconds in where we see the big room filled with stuff, at the bottom we see an acoustic guitar sitting next to a new (blue coloured) amplifier box and another bit of sound tech. Could this mean we're getting something close to an electric guitar? And, hope against hope, does this further mean a guitar can be slotted to it permanently, so that sims do not pick them up and put them down willy-nilly, play facing brick walls, all the guitar idiocy Maxis insisting we will enjoy since TS3 guitar chaos? Could we finally be going back to the better system of TS2 guitars??? Really!!!? In a stuff pack?! Nah, get real. This is Maxis. It's just hope-shattering décor and nothing more. Dream on. (Almost had me rushing to pre-order! Now that would be a first. One thing off my bucket list. Pre-order a game. Maybe Cyberpunk. Maybe. There's still time... If Keanu doesn't do it for me, nothing will. Excellent!)

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#2820 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Lol yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think you're right.... unfortunately, I still can't help myself. This is stuff I've been wanting for ages. I can say no to hamsters. I can say no to ball pits. I can say no to... whatever the fuck Strangerville is....but I can't say no to having more digital media and photography options. They found one of my weaknesses

There is no need whatsoever to have to apologize or justify to others that you plan to get this. Each of us as well as all players can decide whether to get it or not and many players will get it. It will sell. The folks that do not want it will not get it and the folks that do will.
Forum Resident
#2821 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 8:11 AM
I've got to admit I did chuckle seeing that Mochaccino Stuff's branding doesn't even match the new design for all of the packs that they made a massive deal out of.

I joked to myself that would happen, and it didn't take long at all.
Field Researcher
#2822 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Are there any developers that in their life had a child (a baby specifically)? if only parental devs were passion about them.... or did they treat their babies as property just like sims?

Quite a few of the devs have children.

Ninja has two I think
Lyndsay has two
Former CM Kate has a toddler
One of the female devs came back from Mat leave either last year or the year before.
Instructor
#2823 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 12:14 PM
Lots of children amongst the developer's and producer's families. SimGurus George, MrE and Geoff also have them so things are improving! Maybe EA should have a creche and those without them (including Senior) producers can do a bit of Research.

Or do they have a creche already?
Instructor
#2824 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
Former CM Kate has a toddler

How the hell can one have a child and look the other way at claims of pedophilia?
Mad Poster
#2825 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 3:46 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 11th Aug 2019 at 4:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
How the hell can one have a child and look the other way at claims of pedophilia?

Aside from the game changers rights politics, I can think of numerious why people like Kate didn't take proper action of handling the situation. She was either a)not empathic towards children other than her own. b) didn't take it seriously because of the victims age and gender (different reaction may have been unfolded if people in question were girls or much younger) c)I hope this doesn't reflect that it is the result how she treats her own child as well.
d)Unlikely scenario, but she was afraid of confrontation.

Obviously, any person who has empathy or ethical standards would know that a community manager that are with any of these four flaws must be revoked from the individual that said department role. This pedophilia instance within the community has now resurfaced here for the third time.

Page 113 of 141