Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 2:47 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 18th Mar 2018 at 1:14 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My SimPE has stopped working HELP PLEASE
I'm on panic mode..

First my game just up and stopped working..was in the process of recoloring in game picture frames and then couldn't get in the game...so uninstalled it installed it nothing couldn't get it to open..so went to EA they gave me another Sims2 Ultimate Collection..all is good now..

Then went to finish up my in game picture frames and nothing not a thing..no pictures none of them come up..so checked the couches, beds and a few others and they work..but none of the pictures work..so uninstalled SimPE..reinstalled nothing still the same..just about in tears..

Then this last install this showed up..I have no idea what this is and it has never happened before..

Then noticed that my CEP wasn't right..so unintalled it and reinstalled it and this is showing up before and after..

What in the world is going on????
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 3:29 AM
Looks like SimPE has been associated with .package files (such as CEP) based upon the windows icon for the CEP package. My SimPE is not associated with package files (left with plain blank paper icon denoting no Windows association). Maybe try going to one of your .package files and right-click, choose Open or Open With and browse to the path of your Sims2 executable.. (mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe because I have Ultimate Collection on Windows7). Then you'd need to tick/select to always open with Sims2***.exe. Mebbe the game requires all .package files associated with it whenever a .package file is referenced or called upon. I'm just guessing though.

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 3:52 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 30th Sep 2017 at 4:09 AM.
Thank you Swillfly

I went back and uninstalled SimPE..and installed it and got the patch for Mansion & Gardens and it said I needed the latest version of SimPE?????

So I went and uninstalled it again..not going to do a thing until I get the right one

I am not going to have anything but the right things showing up..not going to happen..I wish there was some better smilies..none of these fit for how I am feeling right now

This is the only one I can find.. (SimPE ) I know I used this one before but I know this last one came from somewhere else..and it was an updated one..but can't find it now..I'm an idiot

I forgot to mention I have Windows 7 and the Ultimate Collection
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 3:57 AM
I'm not sure what's going on with your SimPE installation - don't know if things are different when you have the Ultimate Collection or not.
BUT - I did want to let you know that having the SimPE icon showing for .package files is fine, that's how all of mine look and it doesn't affect how the game runs or loads at all. If you're going to make things for the game, recolors/meshes/whatever, having the files associated with SimPE is a good thing anyway since you'd want SimPE to open them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 4:07 AM
I don't have the SimPE installed right now..but when I go to click on the recolor nothing is showing up for the pictures..the beds/couches and things are still working but not the pictures..

I didn't feel like going through every single item in SimPE to see what is working or not working..but those are the ones that I have been recoloring..

mustluvcatz is that the SimPE in that other link the right one to download..but when I do that and do the patch for Mansion & Gardens it says there is an updated one..but where is that????
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 7:22 AM
You want the last one-for everyone https://web.archive.org/web/2017072...rtation.de/en// found it on the way back machine. The one with the M&G patch is the one from before.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 2:49 PM
Last night I was just about to give up recoloring and go back to playing the game..

This is the one you gave me joandsarah

I think SimPE is telling me to stop and go back to playing the game..

Here is what is showing..now..what is going on

With this one I do have CEP installed????????

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 3:30 PM
OMGosh it worked..I don't know what I did this time but it's working

Thank you joandsarah.. :lovestruc

that link finally worked..I am bookmarking that for sure and not loosing it..

Thank you all for your help.. :lovestruc :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 10:26 PM
Glad to help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 7:30 PM
I had to reopen this topic..

My SimPE has stopped working again..I don't understand what is going on..

My game had corrupted files and I found where that was coming from..so uninstalled and reinstalled the game..once I did that SimPE stopped working..why would my game affect SimPE???

So got rid of that..but there is a question here..isn't SimPE supposed to be in your "Control Panel>Programs..and uninstall it from there??? It's not going there for me at all..and the only way it is working sort of is when I I unzip it in the downloads..it won't work anywhere else at all..

I have tried on several occasions lately to install but it just isn't working

Is there any way someone can show me pictures of what their SimPE looks like in the Preferences..in every area..they way I can see what I am missing or something that will tell me what is going on???

Thank you and sorry I have to reopen this..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 7:58 PM
If you're using the QA 73.44 version, it doesn't install - it runs from the files in the zip you download. So, no, that wouldn't appear in Control Panel>Programs.

Which version are you running? 73.44 for me is the most stable and I use it, partly because it's the last version made and most up to date and partly because if it plays up, I just delete the folder with all the files and re-extract.

This is what my preferences looks like - at least the System Folders and the File Table options which are the ones that are important
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 10:30 PM
How do you know your game had corrupted files? And by corrupted files, you mean in your installation? You should only ever uninstall and reinstall as a very last resort as that can cause issues with files left behind.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 11:24 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 5th Oct 2017 at 11:41 PM.
Oh I forgot I am playing the Ultimate Collection..

This is the one that joandsarah gave me.. SimPE..

maxon..I don't have all of those..if you look at the pictures above you will see what I have and don't have..
maxon do you have a link to the SimPE you are using please

Here are a few other pictures that I have had in the SimPE with all the other installs..

With this one I went to see exactly what Ultimate Collection had..but in the game I have everything I think..

With each and every time I have also had to go in and put the games into SimPE..

joandsarah..I had gone to EA Help and told them what the problem was and they said I had corrupted files..they even gave me a new Ultimate Collection and so I started over..but when I put in some CC it corrupted the files again..and now I know what was going on in the game..but haven't been able to get my SimPE back up and running right since..and this was just a few days ago..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 12:25 AM
You should be able to add the missing items manually though UC uses packs rather than individual EPs/SPs so I can't help you with that myself since I don't use it. I posted a list for UC and SimPE for Smorbie and there's an interesting conversation going on over in Random Questions I think about a fix posted by Chris Hatch. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...724#post5280724

I think these might be the right file paths:

University >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\EP1
Night Life >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\EP2
Open for Business >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\EP3
Pets >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\EP4
Seasons >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Seasons
Bon Voyage >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Bon Voyage
Free Time >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Free Time
Apartment Life >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Apartment Life
Mansion and Garden >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9
Family Fun >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP1
Glamour >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Glamour Life Stuff
Celebration >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\SP4
H&M Fashion >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\SP5
Teen Style >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\SP6
Kitchen and Bath >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\SP7
IKEA Home >>> \Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\SP8

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 12:40 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 6th Oct 2017 at 2:52 AM.
Thank you maxon for this information..I will try it out..
I will look also at that link to see if there is a way of fixing all of this mess..

Maybe I should stick with just playing the game instead of recoloring ya right

Well I did what you gave me..I went to that site joined and did what Chris said..and still I am getting this

I think I'm just going to go play my game and forget about all this stress..I miss playing the game anyway..while learning how to recolor..I have ignored that part..

Thank you joandsarah & maxon for all your help.. :lovestruc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:37 AM
@broomhilda61

Make sure you run SimPE as an administrator, as you have it installed to the default location.

The filepath for the basegame exe looks correct, but make sure you browse to it instead of typing it in manually, as there may be a superscript TM in there somewhere.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:44 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 6th Oct 2017 at 9:20 PM.
Thank you simsample for your help

When I go into the programs on my computer to look for it it's not there..clicked on every file that was clickable..nothing???

And I have run it as an administrator and before that no..so I have tried both ways..

EDIT:
maxon..I went over to that site and did a post for this issue as well..so maybe, just maybe someone can help me and someone else that is having the same issues..thank you for your help
Forum Resident
#18 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:47 AM
I've responded at that other site. (Your question was moved to its own thread.) I've had SimPE 73.44 working with Win 7 and Sims2 UC for quite some time.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:55 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 7th Oct 2017 at 10:50 PM.
Thank you HobbesED..

I just seen your post here..thank you for all your help..

EDIT:

I have SimPE back up and running thanks to HobbesED.. :lovestruc

So for now I will have this solved..lol

Thank you all that have helped me in this mess..I am forever in your debt :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 1:23 PM
Well I am back at it again..and I don't understand why it keeps doing this..my SimPE has stopped working again..

So all the post pictures I have up on this topic is what is going on again..

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing..

Also, I can't remember what was said to fix this problem over at that other site that I can not say but a link was given from maxon about a fix by Chris Hatch..and the site is no longer there..so I can't go in to find what I needed to do to fix this..

I'm going crazy..lol..

Thank you all for your help in advance again..
Mad Poster
#21 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 2:05 PM
Go to each path SimPE needs (open the folders). Copy the path by clicking once on the folder path (turns blue) and eiher rightclick+copy, or ctrl+C. Paste the lines into the individual file paths they belong to in SimPE. That way you get the entire path in the way the computer recognizes them.

Each time you uninstall/reinstall, you have to set the paths again, so that probably doesn't help. If SimPE runs, it's most likely working fine (except the wrong file paths).

If you get the completely white screen under where the Resources are (pic in post #7), click the blue circle with a red X in the icons along the top. This resets the window. There's also a reset button in Preferences.

You may want to check out the new version Quaxi has been working on lately, 0.75 - it includes a sanity check for the UC and a working GUID system, and you can find it here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment (there are also GUID fixes for the 0.73 version somewhere in there)
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 1:24 AM
Thank you simmer..I don't understand why it works for a while then all of a sudden it stops working and everything is missing..

gdayars and I have been on Skype working this out for the last 2 days..she sent a message to someone and I sent one to someone..so waiting on their responses..in the mean time gdayars sent me a link for her SimPE..and so far it's working lol..and everything is in there..

I just think I need a backup just in case one breaks down..and instructions on how to fix it when it does..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 2:11 AM
I would suspect your anti-virus program. seriously I had one that ate sim babies and corrupted my character folder, and another quarantined a game exe!

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 9:31 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 19th Mar 2018 at 11:40 AM.
I have the free AVG..and it's always worked..but why just my SimPE..not the game or anything else..it's 3:30am and so am going to work on some recolors from gdayars SimPE..

I think it's my game not gdayars SimPE..because I did 10 recolors and only 1 showed up..but not only that the recolors of other dressers that I had in there are not showing up but the package files are in the downloads folder..but my bed/blankets and the crib/changing table recolors are still in there..

I don't really know..I really think I should walk away from recoloring and just play the game..and let others do my recolors for me lol..give someone the textures I want and let them do it..but that's not right either..I love recoloring..

I need a drink..headed over to Wanderlust contest and get a drink from Justpetro..juice bar I don't drink anymore in real life..thank heavens for Justpetro's juice bar :D
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#25 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 1:30 PM
Maybe post one of your (not working) recolour files and perhaps we can have a look at it and see if there's a problem with it?

Page 1 of 2