Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 9:10 PM
Default Can master controller get my twins back?
Hello! I left my sims alone for about 15 minutes and when I came back two toddlers and four kids had been taken away by the social worker. I'm not surprised because their parents were both evil slobs that barely took care of them. I could have quit without saving but it seemed realistic and the parents probably did deserve it. After a while I started to miss the kids, and the older teenagers missed their siblings too, so I invited each of the kids over and then added them back to the family. I can't invite the toddlers over though, or call them. They should have aged up by now, but they haven't.

I'm not entirely sure how all the mods I have in my game work but I thought maybe I could use Master Controller to get them back? I can see the two toddlers pictures in certain things I click on within MC. Is there a way I can add them back into the family? Or can I use MC to change their ages so that I can call them and invite them over? I think the main problem is that the game considers them as homeless, so they don't show up in options where you can see everyone that lives in your town. Is there something I could do to fix that?

Thanks in advance! (And I'm glad to know that there are other people still playing TS3!)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 11:54 PM
Probably not. You were fortunate to be able to get the children back, they were likely being held in the homeless service pool pending use as newspaper carriers or future service sims. But toddlers cannot be homeless, they would more likely have been removed from the game already. Having just enough data to display on family trees and relationship panels doesn't mean that the sims really still exist and they wouldn't be able to respond to "Invite Over" types of commands because toddlers cannot get around the town like older sims can.

I would suggest reverting to a prior save before the social worker thing happened and re-playing since then if you (hopefully) have such a save available.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:48 AM
Try...
Click on town hall->Nraas->MC->Sim->focus and select the kid. Then click on the kid and try add sim.
I've never had a child sim taken by a social worker.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Try...
Click on town hall->Nraas->MC->Sim->focus and select the kid. Then click on the kid and try add sim.
I've never had a child sim taken by a social worker.

Of course that's worth a try. But if a sim is not instantiated in a world (meaning materialized, on screen or able to be), then they won't show up on the list as they cannot be MC > Focused upon. If they aren't in the world entirely, then they won't show up on Add Sim either (of course also worth a try, just not feeling confident about this).
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:16 PM
I shall make it my mission today to have a child sim taken by a social worker so I can find out.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:38 PM
Default Results of the Science Experiment
From the Notebook of Emmett Brown
12:01 AM Saturday: Using Linda Flynn DNA sample, created clone Specimen 2306, named Lindonna
9:48 AM Saturday: Subject clone went red plumbob with hunger.
10:48 AM Saturday: Subject had dirty diaper. Mood: Misurable
4:03 PM Subject become desolate. Marty is disturbed by the crying.
4:49 PM: Subject is now starving (10 hours to go). Hunger, Social and hygiene are all zeroed.
9:10 PM: Warning message appears "If Lindonna is not fed soon, the social worker will be forced to take her away"
12:59 AM Sunday - 2 hours until "starve to death" Marty has -15 moodlet from baby crying
2:26 Am Sunday - Lynette Winkler vists just as Lindonna reaches Zero time to starve to death. She's obviously a stand in for the Grim Reaper.
2:39 AM Sunday "You've treated your children poorly, and the government is going to take them away"
2:54 AM Sunday: Lindonna is found on the floor out of her crib. Baby vanishes in a poof.
3:11 AM Sunday: Sad music plays. (lost friend?) But no negative moodlet on Marty (??)
5:15 AM sunday: Lindonna does NOT show up on the focus selection menu.
Click on home->nraas->Master Controler Target->Add Sim->Select Lindonna Flynn, Sim is back in household.
Baby Lindonna/Specimen 2306 is on the front porch!
Yes! Experiment was a success! NRAAS can save your babies!!

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:43 PM
In the name of Science then, I'll be standing by waiting to hear how the return of Specimen 2307 works out after many sim days or weeks have passed since the social worker intervention instead of two sim hours. The OP waited much longer than that to try to get their toddlers back; they even said enough time had passed for them to have aged up to children by then, if they were still in the world.
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:55 PM
I've been able to click on the family tree portraits and bring up MC. I lost a sim while traveling once (she got arrested in China, disappeared completely after the car drove away). I was able to get back to the homeworld and she wasn't there. She existed on the family tree but was greyed out. Focus could not find her, using MC from the town hall or computers could not find her. But when I clicked on her portrait, the NRAAS option came up and I was able to add her to the household that way.

My latest snarkfest, think of it as the Cards Against Humanity of Sims stories, mostly enjoyable for horrible people. - Killer Legacy, Man!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 6:41 PM
Thank you! I'll try both those options as soon as I can get back on my computer. Especially thanks to Doc Brown for testing that out for me! Poor Specimen 2306 though.

The scumbag parents just had quads so that more than makes up for the stolen toddlers. The shack can't really hold any more sims so I won't be too sad if neither of these work out. It has been at least 7 sim days since they were taken away, but I'll let you all know how it works out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 8:53 PM
Updating: I have my twins back!

I wasn't able to do anything with their portraits but Master Controller worked. Yay! I can't really remember which buttons I spammed in the master controller menu, I think I went to household, then add sim, found my household and then found my stolen sim and clicked on her. She turned up in the living room of my sims shack. I did the same thing for the other twin and now my family has been reunited! Thanks all for your help!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:34 AM
I wouldn't have predicted that despite the intervention of Science above, but glad you had success putting your family back together. At least, I think this is a happy ending. Perhaps those "evil slobs" of yours have picked up some parenting skills along the way?