Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:09 PM
Default Sim attractor beacon
Just a stray thought, but has anyone ever made, or at least attemped to make, a generic object that attracts Sims to its vicinity?

Sim autonomy is aided by a system in which all objects "advertise" their properties to nearby actors, which allows said actors, namely Sims, to act appropriately on their needs and wishes.
Usually when, say, a fridge attracts a Sim, the Sim will then continue to interact with the fridge.

Am I right to conclude that it would be possible to create an object, invisible like the room markers and lights available in BuyDebug, that will attract Sims but "release" them upon arrival, so that they can continue to be attracted by interesting objects close to the beacon?

I ask this because, like most of you I assume, I'm having trouble keeping non-active Sims that are grouped together on lots from wandering off and behaving inappropriately. On any community lot, or in any social gathering type-situation, it's more desirable for Sims to stay relatively close together. It would also be a great aid in creating the appearance of community lots being more lively, which is a notorious issue TS3 has by default.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:45 AM
It sure would be nice to have something like that. As I am playing Jungle Adventures in 4 now I am really liking how active the lots are, even though I am not liking seeing the same few Sims in the game over and over and over. As you say, that is a big issue in 3. I can spend a heck of a lot of time building pretty darn nice community lots that are usually empty except for my played Sims when I play them. And that is irritating.
Site Helper
#3 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:14 PM
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1078/ is a ticket machine that Inge made, based on the TS2 OFB one. it's not quite what you are looking for, but it might be helpful.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:42 PM
Sandy has these cards that sims carry in their inventory where she can call all the sims that have those cards to that lot using NRAAS "Go Here"
http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/r...mslife_09.shtml
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:26 PM
When I send my Sims to a community lot, I usually just use MasterControllers 'Invite Over' function. The sims show up pretty quickly and interact with everything around them. They usually stay for quite a long time too, unless they have to go to work or whatever.
Theorist
#6 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:51 PM
Okay, I found this on Youtube awhile ago so "maybe" it will be helpful--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG21WLUkOtM

Some people in the thread said no, others said thanks... It's up to you to try it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:25 PM
Well there's also this glorious mod but I've found it to be quite unpredictable. It also doesn't motivate Sims to do anything once they're on the lot. Also, it only works with Late Night venues.

Question is, how much Sims can be on a singular lot at once? I'm going to need to populate some pretty big lots so you're probably looking at 25-30 Sims to make those seem even a little bit alive. Now that means 25-30 Sims, all the right age and personality, all dressed head to toe in appropriate outfits.
That aspect of it isn't a huge issue per se, since this is a Let's play I'm doing this for I can just build said lot in an empty world and then populate said world with the right type and amount of Sims, but that still leaves the question of how many Sims you can have on a lot at once.
That's to say, is there a hard limit?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 3:00 AM Last edited by Deshong : 27th Jul 2019 at 5:48 PM.
There are so many computer configurations that could affect the way TS3 plays. It doesn't matter if someone claims to have the best of the best since there may be limitations concerning it's not within a close enough timeline between 2009-2013. With all the newer features of hardware it may not be entirely compatible. Also, the developers never did give a recommended system requirement for this game. Let alone, TS3 is the only game I know that actually is the most in-depth life simulator to ever exist. It's quite complex and is on a different level than TS/TS2/TS4.

I don't have any issues with empty lots and the open world is very much lively. I'm not sure exactly why some have issues but it's probable cause to be computer configuration.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 7:19 AM
Drooling with jealousy seeing those pictures.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 11:32 AM
I used to have this problem, but I don't have it on my new computer.. I wonder if one of my nRaas mods might have something to do with it? Before though, I'd just open up MasterController and invite people to lot at random. Not as organic, but it was the best I could do.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 1:25 PM
Okay yeah that seems doable. If I can get two dozen Sims onto a lot, which I know for a fact I can, and I do a bit of clever camera work (not to mention crowd replication!) I think it's going to look alright.

insert signature here
Theorist
#12 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 2:07 PM
I believe some of this (where is popular in your town) is based on interests/traits. My Sims tend for some reason to be either bookish or sporty or gamers so those venues like the library or gym are always crowded. If you want more sims in your clubs, try making them party animals or friendly or outgoing.