Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#33651 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 2:23 AM
Have people tried running the 3t2 traits alongside Hat's G-rated Religion (or Simmons' Lifestyles variation)?
Does it work?
Is it pointless to use both?

Any other thoughts/experiences on such a combination?

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#33652 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 2:35 AM
Does the thinking cap also increase badge gain or just skill?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#33653 Old Today at 8:58 AM
It increases toddler skills if the adult teaching them wears it, so possibly? I don't know, though.

Is it safe/possible to change a sim's age in SimPE? I have some townies I have decided to keep but I don't need so many adults; I want to age some of them down to teens or children.

I could do this in game of course, but it would be much simpler if I could do it en-masse in SimPE.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#33654 Old Today at 9:06 AM
You can change what age the game thinks they are without changing their bodies or clothing/hair in SimPE, if you want to create a bunch of teens and children with adult bodies who constantly squat to get down to teen/child height. If you want their age to get set properly, you have to age them down in game, ideally by aging them to the age stage below what you want and then aging them up one.
Mad Poster
#33655 Old Today at 9:25 AM
Ah, yeah, I don't want that XD Fair enough. Thanks for the tip also about going one age stage below!

Actually, could I do that in SimPE? ie, set them all as toddlers/kids and then age them up in game, would that set them correctly?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#33656 Old Today at 9:37 AM
Forum Resident
#33657 Old Today at 8:25 PM
In-game options for changing a Sim's age: Sim Blender, Sim Manipulator, Age/Time Cheat (accessed by turning on the Boolprop cheat and spawning the cheat item), etc. (I am sure there are more).

Here's an old thread on the subject of de-aging Sims: https://modthesims.info/t/458201
Mad Poster
#33658 Old Today at 9:42 PM
There's also the AgeSimsCheat, which comes with Nightlife. I used it a few years ago when testing a school mod for lientebollemeis. It worked for what we wanted it for -- aging a teen to adult to get an adult job, and then back to teen, but it did have the disadvantage that, when aging a Sim down to a teen or a child, it gave them an F grade. That's a minor problem for a teen, but is liable to get children taken away by the social worker. For that reason I have tended in recent years to use the Sim Manipulator instead. (I am forever aging CAS adults down to teens, mainly because I just like playing teens!) However a couple of months ago I ran into a problem. I made a married couple with a child in CAS, but, when I got them into the game, I aged them down to teens with the Sim Manipulator. However, before I aged the husband down, I had him get a job out of the morning paper. With a teenage wife and a young child to keep, I reckoned he needed a proper adult job. But when the time came for him to go to work, no carpool showed up, and when I checked, it said he was unemployed. The Sim Manipulator must have taken away his adult job when it made him a teen. And of course only pittance-paying teen jobs were now available in the paper for him. In the event it wasn't hard to fix -- I gave him back his proper job in SimPE.

But it's something to bear in mind for the future: if I want a Sim to keep their job when aged down to teen, I'd better use the AgeSimsCheat rather than the Sim Manipulator.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 1347 of 1347