Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#15876 Old 6th May 2018 at 5:51 AM
I use relativity too, although I don't think I've ever mentioned it. But I first started using it when I still played on my crappy 8 year old laptop, but even since I've upgraded to a desktop now, I still use it. My time speed is at 60 or 65% (something like that).
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#15877 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:14 AM
Oooooh I need that mod! It takes my sims like two hours to make a salad and gross lag like that
Anyway, I'm on a bit of a role:
Update: Chapter 4.06 Flags and Signs in which the bad things that happened last chapter kinda continue on...

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Lab Assistant
#15878 Old 6th May 2018 at 12:24 PM
Relativity sounds great; I'll need to check it out. Adding it to the allowed mods with a recommendation for settings should be really helpful, Becky!
Lab Assistant
#15879 Old 6th May 2018 at 4:05 PM
Relativity has revolutionized my game play. My game runs so smoothly now and my sims have so much more time!!

I have a rule question. Can children sell baked goods or is that against the rules?

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Lab Assistant
#15880 Old 6th May 2018 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
my sims can get very little done in a day, so I dunno how you guys do without it.

By increasing the lifespan to 180 days! I will give it a try, if it works that well then I might actually be able to lower the lifespan again to the recommended length without it feeling too short.

Unrelated, but does anyone know if Owly will continue the Bee Legacy? I know she regularly updates on her new legacy but I dont have tumblr so I can't ask her directly there.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15881 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:35 PM
I added Relativity into our list of explicitly allowed mods. We allow lots more than we can ever list, but I think that one deserved mention, and I'm glad it's helping you guys!

As for bake sales... uhmm... I'm sure we discussed it years ago, but I'm not sure what we decided. It's not under the list of exceptions. If you wanted it for screenshot purposes only, you could always hold the bake sale and then delete the profits.

Owly has made several comments on her tumblr (and here) about wanting to get back to her legacy, so she'll probably have an update when she has time.
Lab Assistant
#15882 Old 7th May 2018 at 12:44 AM
I added Relativity into our list of explicitly allowed mods. We allow lots more than we can ever list, but I think that one deserved mention, and I'm glad it's helping you guys!

As for bake sales... uhmm... I'm sure we discussed it years ago, but I'm not sure what we decided. It's not under the list of exceptions. If you wanted it for screenshot purposes only, you could always hold the bake sale and then delete the profits.

Owly has made several comments on her tumblr (and here) about wanting to get back to her legacy, so she'll probably have an update when she has time.

I was wondering on the bake sale because teens are allowed to hold part-time jobs without restriction but I guess the bake sale wouldn't technically fall under that allowance. Would it be allowed for a child heir that rolled culinary profession?

~*Keyneky*~

Scholar
Original Poster
#15883 Old 7th May 2018 at 1:49 AM
Honestly I'm fine allowing it for all kids.
Lab Assistant
#15884 Old 7th May 2018 at 2:18 AM
Honestly I'm fine allowing it for all kids.

Yay! My child sims always roll wants to hold bake sales and make potions. That's it. So now I get to let them do all the things they want instead of just half of them. My kids are weird.

~*Keyneky*~

Scholar
Original Poster
#15885 Old 7th May 2018 at 2:57 AM
Weird. My sim kids never want bake sales. Everyone of every age wants to be all over the chemistry set though.

I'll add bake sale to the exception when I get a minute.
Lab Assistant
#15886 Old 7th May 2018 at 3:34 AM
Weird. My sim kids never want bake sales. Everyone of every age wants to be all over the chemistry set though.

I'll add bake sale to the exception when I get a minute.

It's probably because I always have the toy kitchen for them to learn cooking with so the second they try it I get a billion wishes about bake sales and chocolate cookies.

~*Keyneky*~

Lab Assistant
#15887 Old 7th May 2018 at 4:22 AM
I've been procrastinating on this chapter forever because I didn't know how to write it, and now it's the shortest I have uploaded so far Ah well, I'm just happy I'm done with this now!

1.6 - The great anniversary

(Surely nobody saw that coming, right? /s)
Scholar
Original Poster
#15888 Old 7th May 2018 at 6:04 PM
Some updates...

Goldbeard RLC: Chapter 144: Resentment
Lawful Chaotic: 1.10 Get Out There

A bit short this week.
Lab Assistant
#15889 Old 9th May 2018 at 2:51 AM
An update and a photo dump:

Chapter 3.7: The Passage of Time

Interlude: Mawwiage

~*Keyneky*~

Space Pony
#15890 Old 10th May 2018 at 3:25 AM
Well. I have finally been able to get back to playing sims. I've gotten used to my baby's sleeping patterns and have finally learned that the advice to sleep when baby sleeps is an amazing idea. XD Anywho, I took out all my CC and have been playing with no lag. Today I added in store content and a few mods and only have a bit of lag.
I'm temporarily putting my Riddle legacy on hiatus. But I'm thinking of blogging another one just with no custom content in game. That way I get less lag, but I still get the fun of playing a legacy and the creativity of making a story.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Lab Assistant
#15891 Old 11th May 2018 at 2:09 AM
Update!

Chapter 3.8: Family Ties

~*Keyneky*~

Scholar
#15892 Old 12th May 2018 at 8:32 AM
I have another update, Chapter 4.6
Field Researcher
#15893 Old 12th May 2018 at 3:33 PM
Woohoo! Finally another update! (my computer went down again, this time it was the power supply, but oh-ho-ho we're back and better than ever! And I tried cranking the graphics up to full and... I was able to. *shinytears*

ANYways, back to the Sparrowsies, and an update which shows future spousies, which may seem obvious, but one of them really surprised me later on, so good luck guessing! xD (sorry for the cutsie talk this is me sleep deprived, and happily drinking decaf. Maybe I'll even get a nap today- I haven't had a proper day off in weeks!)

1.28 Fire Drill

Also for some reason @Skyegal19 I'm having trouble viewing your update. I'll try to catch up again later.

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Lab Assistant
#15894 Old 12th May 2018 at 9:21 PM
5.20 Edit

Just a simple gameplay- timepassing chapter; someone dies and someone ages up.
Field Researcher
#15895 Old 12th May 2018 at 9:42 PM
I have an update too!

Update: Chapter 4.07 Sorry in which there's a lot of apologising and making amendments

eternal trash x

Scholar
Original Poster
#15896 Old 13th May 2018 at 5:26 AM
I know we didn't hear from everyone, but the discussion on rule changes has simmered down (ha... ha) enough that I was comfortable taking down the "this is being workshopped!" warning on the new rules & rolls. So check out the very slightly changed layout (we have a navigation bar at the top, how fancy!), and don't hesitate to bring up any concerns (or even further suggestions).

There is no rolling app for these new rolls yet. Apologies for the inconvenience! I don't know how to make one. So you'll have to roll manually for now if you want to use the new rolls.

The classic rules (and rolling app) are still there of course. <3 I'm going to finish out the Goldbeard RLC with the classic rules, but I'll probably switch to the new ones for Lawful Chaotic.
Field Researcher
#15897 Old 13th May 2018 at 5:59 AM
@NutsAndDolts

I'll check them out shortly!

Meanwhile, another Sparrow update, which has the alternate "humorous title" of House of Bills. I never know what to call these. But lots of pictures this time, house gets an overhaul, season changes soon!

1.29 A Haunting Mantra

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Field Researcher
#15898 Old 13th May 2018 at 2:53 PM
OH I GET THE PUN NOW!
oh my God that pun took me way too long (Simmered, sims, jeeeez)
Anyway, I know I already gave my input, but yeah, I like the change of the rules ^-^ Also it's amazing to see when it was last edited like damn. Anyway! I have an update!

Update!: Chapter 4.08 Revelations in which all that happens is that Roisin starts her new job, and that is all. Yep. That. Is. All. Nothing else happens

eternal trash x

Lab Assistant
#15899 Old 14th May 2018 at 7:31 PM
Hey everyone! It has been a few years since I've played the sims or visited this forum, but I still follow a lot of simblrs and legacy blogs so I noticed the new rule changes this weekend! I updated the roller website to include a roller for the new rules, and there are two tabs on the top to navigate back and forth between new and classic. I kind of wish we would have had the new rules to begin with, the logic is so much easier when all the careers are lumped together and weighted equally

Back into the abyss for me -- happy simming!
Scholar
Original Poster
#15900 Old 14th May 2018 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CyyKosis
Hey everyone! It has been a few years since I've played the sims or visited this forum, but I still follow a lot of simblrs and legacy blogs so I noticed the new rule changes this weekend! I updated the roller website to include a roller for the new rules, and there are two tabs on the top to navigate back and forth between new and classic. I kind of wish we would have had the new rules to begin with, the logic is so much easier when all the careers are lumped together and weighted equally

Back into the abyss for me -- happy simming!

Nice! That looks so clean, I love it, thanks so much! <3
Page 636 of 676