Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Height Slider

by CmarNYC Posted 29th Jul 2013 at 7:52 AM - Updated 29th Jul 2013 at 3:00 PM by CmarNYC

393 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 160 Feedback Posts, 232 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 16
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 5:50 PM
Excelent

I wish the sims 4 bring different heights
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 6:39 PM
Why isn't this a picked upload? This is awesome!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#53 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 5:43 AM
Love this mod! It's absolutely amazing. Thank you Cmar!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 9:17 AM
I installed it but it doesn't show in my game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 1:41 PM
I don't use many sliders, but I had no idea how much I wanted this before I downloaded and tried. Awesome!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#56 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmberIndia
I use Jonha's height sliders, where in the knee cutting the bed doesn't happen, but the sim float above the seats in couches and chairs. I am wondering if you can his and yours together to achieve something that'd be like a Win-Win situation? Thank you!

The interactions between the bones that are moved to change the height are really complicated, which is why height sliders have been so difficult to make. Maybe someday I can try to figure out what causes the floating and so on.

@Sandrate: Are you sure you're looking in the right place? Do other mods work in your game?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 8:22 PM
This is so AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for this, I LOVE IT!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 6:10 AM
we've all been waiting for this!!! thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 9:43 AM
I am so thrilled with this mod! I have always felt so uncomfortable with everyone being the same height. It totally freaks me out. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 2:56 PM
Thanks a ole LOT "Cmar"!

I use height sliders extensively in my game, Tutchone women from "Southern Yukon" are generally shorter,
I had been using Bloom's unreleased height slider for years but i keep getting double jointed children's (with two skeleton), I'm glad to see you are still actively making new toys for us ...
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 10:40 PM
I'm having so much fun with your mod!! It adds so much depth to my game. I can't thank you enough for creating it!
Test Subject
#62 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 10:26 AM
Neat! Using a default EA morph as a base sounds a lot like what I was trying to do for one of my own sliders, but I was never able to make my own conversion since I couldn't find the right EA file. I'm curious, where'd you find yours?

Another question: are these values derived exactly from EA? If so, this mod could open a lot of doors for modding other parts of the body.

Great job as always!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#63 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 11:45 AM
I found the teen morph quite some time ago - think I just stumbled across it in the files while looking for something else. If you're looking for a specific morph you just have to search for it under every possible name you can think of, or sort by resource type and look through the entire list.

Yes, the values are the unchanged EA values.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#64 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I found the teen morph quite some time ago - think I just stumbled across it in the files while looking for something else. If you're looking for a specific morph you just have to search for it under every possible name you can think of, or sort by resource type and look through the entire list.

Yes, the values are the unchanged EA values.

Cool! I'm checking out the quaternion values right now, and they actually look really promising. I think that you might have unintentionally made a rosetta stone of some sort for the rest of the simming community, although it's still early to say what exactly these values can do or be used for. I just experimented with the calf quaternion values, and aside from the usual glitchiness (I didn't adjust the feet to counteract the calf scaling), I couldn't see any sign of foot rotation.

I'm definitely hoping for the best
Field Researcher
#65 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 8:03 PM
You say you found the teen morph - would you mind sharing where the age morphs are found? I'm crazy about height sliders and the like, so I want to mess about with this stuff once I get a new computer, and maybe release a mod if I come up with anything new.

P.S. You're one of my favourite creators, and I would like to take a moment to thank you for all that you've done to make this game playable.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#66 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 10:38 PM
Thanks and you're welcome!

The teen morph is the only age-related morph I'm aware of, unfortunately. It's called modifierBodyTeen in FullBuild0.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#67 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 7:02 AM
Thanks for the info.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 3:34 PM
My personal opinion: If EA claims they can't do something, they actually can but don't want to try, especially if the mod is possible.
This is awesome, I can finally make a proper self sim (although I'll have to wait until I replace my piece of crap laptop first, hopefully with a non-piece of crap desktop) And by proper self sim, I mean a really really short sim. I'm about the height of some 12 year olds. Scratch that, I'm the height of most 12 year olds.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 6:27 AM
Compatible?
Quote: Originally posted by JT`
It has indeed been done already! Consort's Grow -- except for that nutritional stuff. Fantastic idea, although I would see every town having an army of giant supermen since it's nearly impossible not to keep your family properly fed in this game. ;-)

It uses an older height slider (which causes head size distortion) paired with a head height slider to correct that distortion, so technically this new slider is more technically advanced and hopefully Consort will either adopt it or build in support for it, but in the meantime Grow is very, very functional and quite awesome: by far my favourite TS3 mod. If I can just get over my annoyance at EA to get back to playing again, anyway.

Do you know if these two height mods are compatible? i would like to have sims different heights at different ages, but I would also like sims genetics to play a part in if they are shorter full grown or taller
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 6:31 AM
Me too
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
How many children have you tested this on? All sliders should be inherited equally by boys and girls but with a 50-50 chance of inheriting from the father or mother. Possibly all your boys happened to inherit from the father. I'll test this when I have time. It's possible some sliders only inherit to the same gender depending on the slider construction, I guess.

The way I understand Sims 3 inheritance, the child inherits each slider value from either the father or mother without blending. You'd need a core mod to change that. This is just a slider, it can't modify game behavior.

Oh that is interesting. I have been having the same issues. The height is only past down to the same gender child (mom passes it to daughters, dad passes it to sons).

I will keep playing and keep trying

Its really awesome either way thanks!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#71 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shareallicu3
Oh that is interesting. I have been having the same issues. The height is only past down to the same gender child (mom passes it to daughters, dad passes it to sons).

I will keep playing and keep trying

Its really awesome either way thanks!

The way the slider is made, same-gender inheritance kind of makes sense. I'll work on a new version to fix that.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 6:54 PM
I cannot wait to try this mod. As soon as I saw the creator name I knew it would be a good one! I had been looking for a good height mod, but was afraid to try the others because of the issues I heard about. Btw, I am not worried at all about the fact that only same gender inherits it. I can work with that.
This absolutely needs to be a showcase item!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#73 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 7:05 PM
I cannot wait to try this mod. As soon as I saw the creator name I knew it would be a good one! I had been looking for a good height mod, but was afraid to try the others because of the issues I heard about. Btw, I am not worried at all about the fact that only same gender inherits it. I can work with that.
This absolutely needs to be a showcase item!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 7:19 PM
THANK YOU. I've got several characters I'm trying to create ingame, and their heights are varied quite a bit. I needed this, thank you so much!!!!!
Test Subject
#75 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 8:57 AM
This is fantastic Massive step away from the evil discriminatory Sim overlords! Lol! Are there plans to develop it further, or is there something else I can use with it to make my adult Sims even shorter? I know some very short people, and their Sim-world alter-egos can finally start to reflect this! Thank you so much!
Page 3 of 16