Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Height Slider

by CmarNYC Posted 29th Jul 2013 at 7:52 AM - Updated 29th Jul 2013 at 3:00 PM by CmarNYC

393 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 160 Feedback Posts, 232 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 16
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 12:29 AM
Great job! Extremely useful. Thanks :)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#127 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tepeyton
I downloaded this from this sight. When I initially opened the file, I forgot to unclick the option to open all files with the same program. The Sims icon for custom content is not attached to the file when I unzip it. When the file shows up in my folder, it has the "paint" icon. I was trying to change the icon so the file can show up with the Sims icon.

Do you mean you changed the file extension from .package to .Sims3Pack? If you did, that's why you're having problems. This is a package mod, and has to be installed the package mod way. If you don't have your game set up for package mods, instructions are here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

If you have problems with mods setup, please ask for help in the Help / Q&A forums.

The icon you see on a file is not important. All it means is which program your computer will use to open the file, if any. Changing the file extension, and the icon, doesn't change the contents of the file, just which program your computer tries to use on it. Since a package is not a Sims3Pack, it won't work with the Sims3Pack installer.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#128 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Do you mean you changed the file extension from .package to .Sims3Pack? If you did, that's why you're having problems. This is a package mod, and has to be installed the package mod way. If you don't have your game set up for package mods, instructions are here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

If you have problems with mods setup, please ask for help in the Help / Q&A forums.

The icon you see on a file is not important. All it means is which program your computer will use to open the file, if any. Changing the file extension, and the icon, doesn't change the contents of the file, just which program your computer tries to use on it. Since a package is not a Sims3Pack, it won't work with the Sims3Pack installer.

I unzipped the file into the download folder in my Sims3 directory, but it does not show up in the Sims launcher.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#129 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tepeyton
I unzipped the file into the download folder in my Sims3 directory, but it does not show up in the Sims launcher.

Please read what I said. Like most mods on this site, this is a PACKAGE mod. It will not show up in the Launcher, cannot be installed by clicking it, and doesn't go in the Downloads folder. Please read and follow the installation instructions I linked to.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#130 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 11:15 PM
Please read what I said. Like most mods on this site, this is a PACKAGE mod. It will not show up in the Launcher, cannot be installed by clicking it, and doesn't go in the Downloads folder. Please read and follow the installation instructions I linked to.

Thank you, I finally got it to work in my game! Excellent mod!
Test Subject
#131 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 8:53 PM
Default Nice work
THE SIM HEIGHT SLIDER THIS NEEDS TO BE IN THE SIMS 4 :lovestruc
Test Subject
#132 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 5:02 PM
Cmar, how many centimeters do you think your mod add to base?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#133 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 7:15 PM
One of my favorite sliders and with the nraas larger slider limit I transformed the neighborhood aliens into little grey aliens and added a midget couple to the town.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#134 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morius
Cmar, how many centimeters do you think your mod add to base?

Depends on the size of your screen.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 2:16 AM
Awesome!!
THANKS POST
#136 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 1:43 AM
Owwwwwwwwwwwww, there goes my legs.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#137 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 8:44 PM
^-^ I just started using this yesterday and I reaallly like it. Thanks for this very needed slider! I still haven't tried, but I'm curious of what happens when the uniquely heightened sims will be within a pose player pose. Testing that now though xD.
Test Subject
#138 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 5:59 PM
This has a glitch or something. I made a girl taller than the boy and when they went to kiss, he was kissing her chest and she was kissing the air. O.o I don't know if that can be fixed. But awesome mod tho. :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#139 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DJZ
This has a glitch or something. I made a girl taller than the boy and when they went to kiss, he was kissing her chest and she was kissing the air. O.o I don't know if that can be fixed. But awesome mod tho. :D

If you look in the description you'll see this is mentioned, and since the kissing animation is not part of this mod it's not a glitch. The animation assumes the two sims are the same height, and we don't have any tools that can change it.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#140 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 6:15 PM
This is great! One of my favorite sliders. Thank so much for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 6:27 PM
thank you ☺
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 11:01 AM
Nice idea. Now I can make some monsters...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#144 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 8:44 PM
Ahhhh this is amazing ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 2:29 AM
OMG! It is about time! Thank God someone finally agreed with me that there needed to be more variety. Everyone being the same height was driving me nuts!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#146 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 9:33 PM
this mod has only ever worked for me in CAS. once i go to live mode it doesnt show my sims being shorter or taller.
Test Subject
#147 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 1:38 AM
Hey cmar. I'm having slight problem with your slider. Everything was fine before I updated my game to 1.63 and updated your sim height slider mod as well. And when I go in CAS and want to return my adjusted tall sim back to the regular height, your slider reads it as default (the arrow is in between). I even checked those none adjusted height sims and it also reads as the default where the arrow is balanced in between. Is there any fix to this? I don't know how to adjust my tall sims now back to normal EA height without dragging to the left and I'm not sure if they are the normal height or they went shorter than the EA default. I hope there is a solution to this. Any response to this with a solution would be greatly appreciated to help solve my issue. Thank you..
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#148 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 10:42 AM
@chloelogsdon: I don't know how that could happen, unless you're not saving the changes you made in CAS.

@maanskie: What do you mean that you updated this mod? There's only been one version. If you mean you switched to this from another height slider mod, they're not the same slider and that's why you see mine at the default position.

Test Subject
#149 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 3:03 PM
@maanskie: What do you mean that you updated this mod? There's only been one version. If you mean you switched to this from another height slider mod, they're not the same slider and that's why you see mine at the default position.

Hey Cmar! I just got to see this right after I fixed my own issue O.O I'm so mad because I was careless with updating my slider mod, I put the wrong height slider mod in when I saw my Mods folder. I had the Delphy before, not yours...omg...no wonder it wasn't reading the tweaked heights..haha -.- At least my sim's can go back to default EA height now whenever I need to export them for someone needing my sim/s. I feel so embarrassed for asking your help now.... :I aha.. Omg.. I'm not used to seeing my sims in default EA height anymore, they look so short...haha

I apologize for the trouble. But thank you for replying as soon as possible. It means a lot still. I use a lot of your mods though. Pose Player, a few sliders, and the XCAS mods are the best. I couldn't see my game without those, esp. the pose player since I love taking photos and random photoshoots for my sims in poses.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#150 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 9:43 PM
Pose Player isn't mine either.

Page 6 of 16