Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Packing Crates for TS4

by scumbumbo Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 9:16 AM - Updated 1st Mar 2019 at 2:54 AM by scumbumbo : Bug-fixes for Feb 21, 2019 Game Patch

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 92 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 13
Test Subject
#226 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:22 AM
Will we be able to pack jungle supplies in these?
Deceased
Original Poster
#227 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inariibels
Will we be able to pack jungle supplies in these?

Dunno, don't have the game pack. The capability to pack them should occur in the script if the new objects are not able to be placed in a Sim's inventory already.
Test Subject
#228 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Dunno, don't have the game pack. The capability to pack them should occur in the script if the new objects are not able to be placed in a Sim's inventory already.

At the moment the spider repellent and such can't be placed in these. Sad day :-(
Lab Assistant
#229 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 2:19 AM
With the new update this mod makes my game get stuck on the loading screen.
Deceased
Original Poster
#230 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
With the new update this mod makes my game get stuck on the loading screen.

Hi, I'm not seeing any issues in my game, so it's possible that the problem is with another mod or with objects from a game pack that I don't own. Typically when the game gets hung on the loading screen, a large number of errors are logged to the lastException.txt file in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder. If you could upload a copy of your lastException.txt file here (don't copy/paste it, use the enhanced reply feature and a ways down the page you should see an option to attach a file) then I could take a look to see if it reveals anything. It frequently doesn't tell much, unfortunately, but can at least give a clue as to what's going on.

Is anyone else seeing a hang on load situation with this mod since the latest patch?
Test Subject
#231 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:44 PM
Awesome, thanks so much! Just one question: Can these be sold? For example if I want to have a gardening store selling growable plants, can they be placed inside a crate and sold?
Deceased
Original Poster
#232 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by draugrslayer
Awesome, thanks so much! Just one question: Can these be sold? For example if I want to have a gardening store selling growable plants, can they be placed inside a crate and sold?

No, I'm pretty sure you should not be able to sell things from the crates as they are not a shop stand type of object.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#233 Old 3rd May 2018 at 9:26 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#234 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 10:53 PM
Whenever I pack an object, it disappears from the lot, but doesn't appear in the packing crate inventory. However, this did not throw an LE.
Test Subject
#235 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 8:58 PM
This is a really amazing mod, thanks for creating it . It would be really cool if you can send the crates to other sims via mail, you know just to add something extra to it :D
Deceased
Original Poster
#236 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeepMeaning
This is a really amazing mod, thanks for creating it . It would be really cool if you can send the crates to other sims via mail, you know just to add something extra to it :D

I'm pretty sure that would be impossible. Neat idea though!
Deceased
Original Poster
#237 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:31 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 19th Jun 2018 at 7:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Athena Apollos
Whenever I pack an object, it disappears from the lot, but doesn't appear in the packing crate inventory. However, this did not throw an LE.

Yes, seems to be broken - I will look into it.

ETA - Today's game patch seems to have fixed the issue so they must have fixed some bugs they introduced into object inventories with the previous patch. Everything packed and unpacked fine in my testing after this patch.
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:41 AM
I <3 it when EA fixes their screw-ups!!!
Test Subject
#239 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:00 PM
Hi, i'm getting an error message trying to get a crate out of my sim's inventory since the seasons patch, and it won't let me do it. do you know why?
Deceased
Original Poster
#240 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:11 PM Last edited by scumbumbo : 25th Jun 2018 at 8:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by faithvssam
Hi, i'm getting an error message trying to get a crate out of my sim's inventory since the seasons patch, and it won't let me do it. do you know why?

Yes, the mod is broken and I'll have to fix that. Seems I only tested using a crate that was set on the ground after the latest patch and never tried moving one into or out of a sim's inventory. Sorry about that.

ETA - I have solved the reported problem; however, I'm still working on a thornier issue that hasn't been reported yet. Once I've gotten that resolved satisfactorily I'll update the mod.
Test Subject
#241 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 7:02 PM
Hi there! I just discover this amazing mod and can't wait to move my YA sim with this new tool, but unfortunatly whenever I click on an object (even the armour of your example pics) I don't see the option to pack ;( How can I solve it?
Test Subject
#242 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizuH.
Hi there! I just discover this amazing mod and can't wait to move my YA sim with this new tool, but unfortunatly whenever I click on an object (even the armour of your example pics) I don't see the option to pack ;( How can I solve it?

did you enable packing on the crate first?

Thank you scumbumbo for looking into my issue!
Deceased
Original Poster
#243 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:01 AM
Updated the mod today. The new patch delayed things a bit (everything was working, went to do final test of the packaged version and patch started downloading instead - so had to retest things). The biggest change, other than the bugfix so putting the crate into a sim's inventory again, is that unpacking objects from a crate now places them on the same floor as the crate (or sim, if the crate is in the sim's inventory).
Test Subject
#244 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faithvssam
did you enable packing on the crate first?

Thank you scumbumbo for looking into my issue!

Sorry what do you mean with "enable" it? Do you mean "to enable script mods"? Because I did it
Deceased
Original Poster
#245 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MizuH.
Sorry what do you mean with "enable" it? Do you mean "to enable script mods"? Because I did it

You need to enable packing by placing one of the crates on a floor, click it and select "Enable Packing". Until you do so the menu doesn't appear on objects in the game (so it doesn't clutter your menus 24/7).
Instructor
THANKS POST
#246 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:36 PM
Love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#247 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 7:33 AM
Was so excited when I found this mod, and it was everything I hoped for and more! It makes moving out feel so much more like an "event," even if I'm just switching things in manage households. Also, it's great for vacations--my vampires can finally go camping cause they can haul their coffins along with them!

This would purely be for aesthetics, but would you ever consider making similar objects shaped like suitcases or backpacks? Hardly necessary, I know, but it just tickles me to imagine my sims being able to pack a suitcase for vacation!
Deceased
Original Poster
#248 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FanphoriaMercury
This would purely be for aesthetics, but would you ever consider making similar objects shaped like suitcases or backpacks? Hardly necessary, I know, but it just tickles me to imagine my sims being able to pack a suitcase for vacation!

I'm not an object maker, don't have that particular skill, but if someone were to make such an object it could certainly have the tuning for packing attached to it. One of the included crates (the stackable one) was a custom object created by Plasticbox for instance. The one I did was basically just a clone of one of the base game crates with some texture changes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#249 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:39 PM
Awesome idea! I have often wanted to take a sims "room" with them..at least the items within it.
This is perfect for that.
Test Subject
#250 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 2:08 AM Last edited by MizuH. : 7th Aug 2018 at 2:47 AM.
I really love this mod, it's one of my favourite at all since I descovered it! Right now I need it so badly, but unfortunatly it's causing me a bug with the UI after the gallery update The problem is that time stops at a certain point, but sims continue to move until they finish their action, meanwhile I can't pause or click on anything, I can't even close the game. I tried for two days every single mod that I have and now I find that is only this one that cause this particular problem (and also LastException files) and I'm so sad about it ç_ç Is there any chance for a fix/update/solution?
Page 10 of 13