Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 27
Test Subject
#51 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:00 PM
Quick question: can we make our own canning stations that use the scripts? I would make a new brand mesh that uses the same scripts but I don't know if I'm allowed to.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:53 PM
It's perfect
Mad Poster
#53 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by milordeq
It doesn't work because when on Canning Station Make I am clicking on options nothing is happening: ( (i have City Living and Get To Work)

@milordeq Is it possible you could have some other mods or custom content file causing problems? If you have any lastException files in /Sims 4, that's very likely.

If you'd like to look at those files in a more readable format, copy and paste it here: http://xmlprettyprint.com/

If you would like more help (anybody reading this thread), check out my .sig.

If you don't play with MCCC, let us know on Discord, we're there to support that mod. But we have a general channel for other things, and we can read your lastExceptions there.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:21 PM
Thank you, Love your mods and have quite a few of them and know that I can trust them in my game. Please keep them coming!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:30 PM
I clicked on the canning station, with 0 skill level. The only Jam was apple and when I unticked the box it still wouldn't let me make jam.
Test Subject
#56 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:55 PM
Thank you for the strings ! I started the french translation.
Test Subject
#57 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:45 PM
when I will do doze I don't have jars but pot and nothing won't let be formed after behind cleaning as it to repair?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
I clicked on the canning station, with 0 skill level. The only Jam was apple and when I unticked the box it still wouldn't let me make jam.

Yes, at Lv. 0 you can only make Apple Jam when your Sim has 6 Apples in inventory or fridge. At Lv. 2 they can make BlackBerry-, Blueberry-, Raspberry- and Strawberry Jam, at Lv. 3 Cherry Jam. What comes after that I don't know at this moment. But what I just know ... you also need the fruits, without also makes no sense, as I think. Have your sim fruits in inventory?
For eating Bread with Jam, you need the jam and a bread in inventory. Then click at the glass with jam and there is an option with: 'Eat with Bread'.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#59 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:58 PM
This os really a huge subject. Thank u so much for brought us such interesting gameplay object. U r wonderful
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#60 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 5:12 PM
Wow, this is incredibly impressive!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#61 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KimmyGibbler
I voted for this too, thanks so much for making it and sharing with us. Ps. When I untick use fresh ingredients I still need the ingredients to make the ea stuff... the custom ones I can make without ingredients. Am I doing something wrong?!

Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171

The untick fresh ingredients doesn't work at the moment. Have found this to be game engine restriction for some skills
And as cateyes2201 said, you need different levels for different recipes to unlock! (Look under the spoiler of list of preserves)

Thanks for the Por-BR translation simshout

Quote: Originally posted by Steampunk_Tristan
Quick question: can we make our own canning stations that use the scripts? I would make a new brand mesh that uses the same scripts but I don't know if I'm allowed to.

Hey, if you want to use a different mesh for the canning station, the tuning ID to use is -
icemunmun:CanningStation with id 17375596718405990592

But you have to link back to the download post because many other files are required for the Canning System to work!

Thank you guys :lovestruc

I will get back to the other questions soon! (i haven't finished reading the comments yet )
Field Researcher
#62 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 5:55 PM Last edited by gyrobot : 7th Aug 2017 at 6:38 PM.
As someone who voted canning for the Eco pack, I was sad to see it not win the community vote. So this mod helps fixes some of the problems.

As my personal feedback wouldn't selling jam to an evil corporation give Evil Sims a +2 Happy Buff? Spreading Evil perhaps?
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 6:44 PM
Could you make it so that we get 3 instead of 1? Just like the Canning Station in TS3?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 7:17 PM
What a WONDERFULL Job ! OMG ! You're really great ! Thank you very much !
Test Subject
#65 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 8:14 PM
Love the mod! And I'm available for translation into Spanish
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 10:14 PM
I am in LOVE with this canning station. My sim has been making all the preserves that she can. lol Thank you so much for making this!!!!
Test Subject
#67 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:26 PM
French translation done ! Thanks again for this awesome mod !
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FR_Canning_Strings.rar (5.0 KB, 45 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 12:19 AM
Thanks so much I have been waiting for this can't wait to try it out :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 2:44 AM
I love this. Gardening is kinda pointless without it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 2:58 AM
ZOMFG!!! Thank you so much!!! I always said it would be amazing if EA brought the canning station to 4. I am so excited, downloading now!!! Thanks again!!! 🤓🤓
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#71 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 5:09 AM
Wow, awesome! All the more reason why I should go back to playing my Sims 4 because of this, thankyou, thankyou! now my Simmies have a variety of wonderful flavour added to their pallet and possibly their wasteline too.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 8:19 AM
Thanks for this. I am looking forward to trying it with my latest group of people who are living on a farm. They are all vegetarians so it will be very useful.
dodgy builder
#73 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 9:19 AM
Of blimey, this feels like an exp and a race, first one to the finishline! I have to clean up my flat and then I can test

I just report back and to remind people. I had last exeption when I started the game, I have only mccc and this mod. I got the black table file from the exellent egwarhammar.

Icemunmun, you mention that file in your text, but doesn't say where it is. Perhaps it's just in that language pack?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#74 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

Icemunmun, you mention that file in your text, but doesn't say where it is. Perhaps it's just in that language pack?

Hi, look at the end of the post under Files(before thanks).The five files included in the downloads are mentioned and explained there along with the combinations required. And I added the black plate later to the downloads as a separate package.
Thank you so much for liking the mod
dodgy builder
#75 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Hi, look at the end of the post under Files(before thanks).The five files included in the downloads are mentioned and explained there along with the combinations required. And I added the black plate later to the downloads as a separate package.
Thank you so much for liking the mod

Ops sorry I'm trying something new here and take the risk of looking like an idiot again. I got on a download frenzy. Some of Leniads recipes mentions Menu Enhance, but that's not compatible with Parenthood apparently. Something else I can do, or even better, do I really need it?

Perhaps I should get on testing first, and get back to download later
Page 3 of 27