Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Allergic to Fur Trait and more!

by IlkaVelle Posted 15th Jan 2018 at 9:36 PM - Updated 26th Sep 2019 at 6:08 PM by IlkaVelle

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 3:20 AM
Really glad to see "Allergic to dogs" on your To Do list! I made a sim of a character that has a fatal dog allergy and another with a cat allergy, so I'm looking forward to that update. I hope you don't mind that, until then, I'm going to hold off on downloading this mod, since I otherwise don't currently have a use for the mod. I'll be checking back often, though, for sure!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 6:00 AM
Unfortanely this mod not work with 1.40 patch, cuz have 4 new reward traits and this mod "delete" this new reward traits, need a update. I love this mod !
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by guedespoa
Unfortanely this mod not work with 1.40 patch, cuz have 4 new reward traits and this mod "delete" this new reward traits, need a update. I love this mod !

Seconding this. Using a version with the traits as reward traits keeps the new reward traits added in the patch from appearing, but so far using just the CAS version makes them appear as they should.
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 6:47 PM
While I've had the reward traits version, the new base game reward traits wouldn't show up for me at all but then the base game ones do actually show when these ones aren't in my files or aren't showing up (I just installed some reward traits that were updated for 1.40 and I noticed the new traits finally showed but not the pet allergy/etc. ones)
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:10 AM
I put the personality version of these traits to the test today and they appear to still work with patch 1.41.42 with all packs included except Parenthood. This is my first time playing with these traits but I knew about them for awhile and I also know the rewards ones are broken as previous comments goes so I won't bother testing them. I added the traits Hates Animals, Allergic to Fur, and Afraid of Dogs from CAS to Sims but the Afraid of Dogs didn't stick onto the Sim after exiting CAS, the other two traits did stick though. I was wondering why he wasn't getting tense when the dog was around to only realize the trait didn't stick. I used the Add Traits Options in Regular Menu mod to give a Sim that specific trait and it worked once she had it. I didn't get to test the Afraid of Animals trait yet. I've also been looking forward to those traits that are on the top of the description, they will add even more realism if they get made.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:59 PM
Oh, man. So many hours, gone to memory. Sympathies! Shut up and take my sympathies! I imagine my internal Simmotional state would have frozen, cracked, and finally started picking up rotational speed--forwards, I am sure, as I am usually backward--until, upon reaching the precipice of the infinite (given pi, pie, and the airspeed velocity of a laden swallow), which times out to approximately 4.2s.

(That|Those) sentence(s?) made no sense. Kudos on toughing it out and posting an update!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#32 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 8:29 PM
I think this should be updated for the new patch because the new patch has another reward added?
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 8:21 PM
This needs to be updated again, these don't show up in the reward traits and I have to cheat to add the traits to my sims. Once added they do still work properly and I can see them right in the sim's traits
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 8:30 AM
Thank you for the update!!! And welcome back <3
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 1:21 AM
Hi, I think this needs an update, its causing me to have LEs in MC Command Center.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 10:42 AM
These traits are amazing. Thank you. But any chances this can be separated as individual traits? for those who need only a certain trait from the bundle?
Field Researcher
#37 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 9:25 AM
Could you make a trait that Sims are allergic to cat's fur only? Coz I have friends who are only allergic to cats while they can have dogs. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
Could you make a trait that Sims are allergic to cat's fur only? Coz I have friends who are only allergic to cats while they can have dogs. Thanks!

I should have some time this and next week and I plan to add separate traits for allergic to cats/dogs. Also I plan to divide the mod and make independent package for each trait in CAS, as it was also requested
Field Researcher
#39 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IlkaVelle
I should have some time this and next week and I plan to add separate traits for allergic to cats/dogs. Also I plan to divide the mod and make independent package for each trait in CAS, as it was also requested

Thank you! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#40 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IlkaVelle

This would be absolutely awesome. Will be looking for this. Thank you for your efforts!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Harukotyan
This would be absolutely awesome. Will be looking for this. Thank you for your efforts!

Hey! It's already available, when you download the file and unzip it, you can then choose which traits you want to keep in your game Traits that you don't want to have - you can simply delete those package files
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 12:53 AM
This still works! Or at least shows up in game and I love that it can be a sims points store add on since The Sims 4 gives us so few traits slots! It's kinda a shame we have to make mods or obtain traits in the store with so few slots and compared to the TS3 does so much less.

It feels like TS4 just unlock some dialogue or increase success chances when a 'Technophobe' sim would make a point to go up to electronics and even break them giving random mini events for you to deal with. These 'anti' pt traits should've come with the expansion, having your sim or one in your gameplay react with allergies or negatively is just interesting. I can imagine a sim wanting to date another who is allergic and creating an extra step of needing medicine before they can interact again or a grumpy elder sim being afraid/hating pets when your going on a walk and randomly getting yell at and creating a negative relationship and that could be spin into story of your sim befriending the sim and when the sim or pet become friends you can remove/change the trait. Or in the opposite direction, the anti-pet sim can be a reason to cause your pet to go missing or worse and that's more drama to play with. Imagine an anti-pet sim having a 'Scare pet' dialogue where they just recycle the yelling animation to yell at the pet causing the pet to 'Go Home'. I really wish the Sims team put more of these little details in the game or that I knew enough to make these mods xD Thanks again!
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 2:22 AM
Hi thanks for making this! I love the idea. Everything is working on the mod, moodlets and what not but my sims isn't reacting to the "Allergic to fur". I've tried it with dogs as well. No coughing or sneezing animation at all. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have all the right things downloaded!
Test Subject
#44 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 4:07 AM
Hi! This (and chingyu1023's mod to add more CAS traits) is my first mod, and I'm hoping it's user error, because I really want this to work! But I've been struggling with it for several hours now, and I haven't gotten it to work at all.

I'm playing on MacOS Catalina. I've checked the two boxes in Game Options that allow custom content/script mods. I downloaded the mod without any trouble, and the files are in the Electronic Arts.nosync>The Sims 4>Mods. I add the .nosync when I noticed the cloud icon next to my files. I've deleted and re-downloaded a couple times and restarted the game, Origin, and my computer. I'll be grateful for any and all suggestions.

Thanks for the mod and hopefully for answering my question!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 11:49 PM
Does the allergy mod conflict with the default Loves Cats mod? I love my cat even though I'm allergic to him.
Page 2 of 2