Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#26 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 1:53 PM
See here: http://notegain.tumblr.com/post/114...ter-26-03-patch

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 12:27 PM
My Hew Editor is grayed out... How do I change the instances?
I know I sound stupid, but could you update this with pictures? It's hard to follow. You keep talking about things reversed,.. I just don't know what's going on.
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 3:15 AM
I'm having an issue where when I import my edited UNKN file back into the package using S4PE (import from file) it's changing the group number from 0xB6C8B6A0 to 0x00000000. I can't find UNKN 0xB6C8B6A0 in the dropdown menu, or any group with that id number. After following all the steps from the tutorial, including that issue, the skin tones are not appearing in my game. Any help I could get from you all as to how to preserve my CAS texture's group id would be a huge help. Thank you!
Instructor
#29 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gotta Ya Suckas!
My Hew Editor is grayed out... How do I change the instances?
I know I sound stupid, but could you update this with pictures? It's hard to follow. You keep talking about things reversed,.. I just don't know what's going on.

I'm on the same boat
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#30 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 7:06 PM
You don't need to hex edit anything nowadays (since last November, that is). Please look at the post date and then read the thread .. there is a wrapper for this, you can change everything directly in Grid view. The instance of the pics you want is labeled "RleInstance", the colour swatch is the field in "SwatchColorList".

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#31 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 10:43 AM
Please could someone post a tutorial with more detail, I have tried this and can't figure this out.
I would like to make my own skin tone, would really appreciate it.
Thank you
Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 1:53 AM Last edited by vadkins : 23rd Apr 2015 at 6:17 AM.
Nevermind. My problem was resolved by a friend.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 11:37 AM
Snaitf I'm dying, I can't get this stuff to work. I hate the tonal textures for s4 (they are only one ugly color ugh), non default tones with new textures would improve the 'look' extremly imao. Please help :0

♘ visit my tumblr here
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#34 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 12:06 PM
Does this help? http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=554779 It's about default replacement skintones but I expect the difference would only be the instance numbers.

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 5:56 PM
this is cool tnaks a lot but I'm dreaming of non defaults :0 I can't get that hex thing to work ((

♘ visit my tumblr here
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#36 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 7:14 PM
Do you mean you can't get something to work that is mentioned in the tutorial I linked to? If yes than please post and ask in that thread, not here. I can't tell what you mean by "that hex thing" ..

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#37 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 3:28 PM
Maybe look at the post date before whining about it being old? Snaitf hasn't been active in ages. Also read the rest of the thread -- there's links to other tutorials.

Page 2 of 2