Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:53 AM
Default I need help coming up with a picture for my hack
So, basically, in the unmodded game, if there is a sim with 9 or 10 outgoing points who is friends with someone in the current family, they will constantly come over and invite themselves into your house. This can happen even if that sim is, say, from a uni subhood and you are in the main hood (it happened to me with the cow mascot, who is pre-programmed to be 10 outgoing). Anyway, I made a hack to fix this. I thought it might be useful for other people, so I want to upload it, but I have no idea how to take a picture of it. Does anyone have any ideas?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:59 AM
Two pictures one a sim entering a door the second the same sim about the enter the same door but with a red no entry sign, you know the circle with a line.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:02 AM
Hmm, yeah, I guess that could work.
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 2:07 AM
Similarly, a sim walking through the front door whilst other sims are relaxing in their living room. Or maybe, a sim (in pajamas, if at night) shooing a sim walking through the door? Both with a red x or circle with a slash over the intruding sim.

Ooo, or a sim doing the 'I'm home' family sim routine while another sim is shooing them and then you could add text bubbles to show the guest was uninvited--something like "I'm back, did you miss me? I decided to drop by again for the 33rd time today." And the other sim is all "GO HOME already!"

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 2:08 AM
Just something showing before and after. A sim sitting on a couch and another with a sign on them or a cross and a tick would do too. We are not as particular over pictures showing mods as we are about content.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Similarly, a sim walking through the front door whilst other sims are relaxing in their living room. Or maybe, a sim (in pajamas, if at night) shooing a sim walking through the door? Both with a red x or circle with a slash over the intruding sim.

Ooo, or a sim doing the 'I'm home' family sim routine while another sim is shooing them and then you could add text bubbles to show the guest was uninvited--something like "I'm back, did you miss me? I decided to drop by again for the 33rd time today." And the other sim is all "GO HOME already!"

Ooh, I like the idea of a shooing sim in the picture! Maybe I could even use the cow mascot from my example, now that I think about it...
Alchemist
#7 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:03 PM
in case you do not know, pictures for this site are better taken with third-party picture takers (FRAPS, Gadwin, etc) than with game's.

as for what the picture could be, maybe a "before and after"; with the "before" part showing what game would be without mod, and the "after" part showing the mod's effects.

before uploading the mod, might be good to post the mod in feedback section.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:46 PM
Yes, I've never been able to get the games pictures to look at all good and take all of my screenshots with Gadwin.

In the past I have just uploaded the mods without posting them in the feedback forum. Is there a problem with doing that?
Alchemist
#9 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:57 PM
not necessarily a problem, but the feedback section can help you check for things the moderators would look for.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:24 PM
You can post your pictures in CF.

As you can see we accepted your pictures before. If those are Gadwin pictures on your last mod than something is out as they should be much larger than that, they look like C key in-game pictures.

There is no problem, but that is what CF is there for but doesn't get utilized enough, to ask for opinions on things and get help.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:54 AM
When I take pictures in the game they are tiny, like less than 100x100, or at least they were the last time I tried that, which I think was in 2006, when I obviously had a completely different computer. Those are Gadwin pictures on all my mods. My screen is a little smaller than most, that's probably why the pictures are smaller.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:31 AM
Have you tried Fraps? My monitor is only 19 inch and my pictures are 1034 by 768. Not huge by larger monitor standards but large enough.

I have read that Gadwin can have issues of sizing if you are on Win 7. This is what I found:
Right click the game icon that you start the game with.
Click properties/compatibility.
Tick the box to disable desktop composition

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 3:20 AM
Yes, I have that ticked, because if I don't, Gadwin just takes pictures of my desktop.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 3:24 AM
Might I suggest, you make a sim version of Uncle Pennybags from Monopoly, and use an image something like this:

Maybe without the stripes. ...that's how I'd do it, anyway. hahha

-grinEvilly
>=)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:24 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 21st Jul 2018 at 2:43 AM.
Well, here is my attempt at this picture. I don't know what to do about the symbol obscuring the sim's face, that seems to happen no matter what. The identity of the sim is not super important, so eh.

I'll probably make the post tomorrow, when it isn't 1 AM.

Edit: It is not 1 AM, my computer clock is just doing the thing where it decides to change by four hours randomly. Thanks computer. I'll post it now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:10 AM
I would suggest putting the wall up and making the red symbol a bit thinner. Since it's a mod it's still acceptable on an upload though.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:16 AM
Oh, yeah, I always forget to put the walls up. Maybe I'll take another picture later. I can't do anything about the thickness of the symbol because I just took it from the internet and have no graphical abilities of my own.