Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2023 at 4:53 AM
Bow leg Slider
Hi Anyone know how we can make a bow leg slider?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 14th Jul 2023 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jamarde
Hi Anyone know how we can make a bow leg slider?

I believe that either Shock & Shame, or OneEuroMutt made one, if you want to look at it. I think it was called "knock knees", but also moved knees out. It does cause an issue of crazy legs with certain animations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 1:10 AM
right i tried to edit reversing his slider but i am having no luck. I wish there was away around the animation....
Inventor
#4 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 2:06 AM
right i tried to edit reversing his slider but i am having no luck. I wish there was away around the animation....

I couldn't find it, but somewhere on MTS are tutorials on sliders. I have used it to make a slider, but as I said, can't find it right now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 3:49 AM
Aww thanks. Hmmm i use bone edit software to edit the bone structure through S3PE its just nailing down the livable numbers to make the legs appear slightly bent out. Just like the some I found on google for the sims 4
Inventor
#6 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 1:33 PM
Aww thanks. Hmmm i use bone edit software to edit the bone structure through S3PE its just nailing down the livable numbers to make the legs appear slightly bent out. Just like the some I found on google for the sims 4

First thing you need is Delphy's tools here .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 4:13 PM
Thanks ill check it out!
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Jul 2023 at 2:30 AM
OEM's 'Thigh Off' (here) which I'm assuming is short for offset is very close. It's possible some combination of unrelated sliders creates the effect also, as I'm sure I've seen some extreme bow legs when randomizing in CAS with a lot of sliders installed.

Learning to create your own is a good endeavour, though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jul 2023 at 3:07 AM
Hey Cardinals thanks!! im almost there creating the slide as it appears bow legged in CAS, however in the open world it give me a knock knee animations when walking jogging etc... im looking for other ways around this issue.
Inventor
#10 Old 16th Jul 2023 at 4:35 AM
Hey Cardinals thanks!! im almost there creating the slide as it appears bow legged in CAS, however in the open world it give me a knock knee animations when walking jogging etc... im looking for other ways around this issue.

Yes, in my first post, I warned that moving knees can cause issues with animations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jul 2023 at 4:37 PM
This is the best can i get it in CAS with out the knock knee animation in open world.
Screenshots
Inventor
#12 Old 16th Jul 2023 at 5:31 PM
This is the best can i get it in CAS with out the knock knee animation in open world.

I am not a slider expert. I can only share what little I have sort of been able to figure out. Unfortunately, I still cannot kind the slider tutorials that are somewhere on MTS... possibly wiki.

Legs in your pic, look distorted. What happens is that the main bone you wish to move, is connected to others, and moves them a bit as well. I once saw some magical calculation (which I understand as well as I understand nuclear physics), to figure out how much to move adjacent bones in opposite direction. It is not a 1 to 1 thing.

Another that I saw, said it was a lot of guess work, looking at it in game, and guessing again... which is what I did, and do on 99% of things. So, look for tutorials, and continue trying. Bottom line is that YOU must be happy with it!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jul 2023 at 5:48 PM
Thanks LadySmoks, your insight has been helpful. Its really a guessing and continuous process. I will continue to see what i can do as i am such a

perfectionist with these things being happy with it may take awhile but I'm fully committed!!